It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in our tap water?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looks like hard water residue, maybe lime?

Boil with just a little bit of vinegar in it to remove it.

BTW lots of stuff in tap water you don't really want to know

Water softener and reverse osmosis works great for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
it looks to me like your pan just ran out of teflan whatever that stuff is. i know when i use pans that don't have the surface anymore it looks like that or worse. just throw it away and use a stainless steel pot or something.

i tried those water filters for the sink but it just took up too much space and seemed to stay dirty. plus you have to decide whether or not to cook with filtered water and make ice cubes and such with filtered water. if you'er not doing that too then there's really no point. plus all the vegetables you eat are gonna have their own water type they were grown with etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To the original post-
Based on the fact that your water in the frying pan is for coffee can it be assumed the water you poured came out of the sink hot?

Its always freaked me out how much stuff is visible when it comes out hot. Same water cold looks transparent. I don't know what it means. Anyone?
I think your kicker, mine too, is that you're poor-- Otherwise I'd tell you to buy a Reverse Osmosis filtration system. Poor myself, I buy those gallon jugs from the grocery store-about 35cents. I'm suspicious of those jugs though- BPA or whatever.

The 8-8oz glasses a day is a complete MYTH! They want your chugging fluoride!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
To the original post-
Based on the fact that your water in the frying pan is for coffee can it be assumed the water you poured came out of the sink hot?

Its always freaked me out how much stuff is visible when it comes out hot. Same water cold looks transparent. I don't know what it means. Anyone?
I think your kicker, mine too, is that you're poor-- Otherwise I'd tell you to buy a Reverse Osmosis filtration system. Poor myself, I buy those gallon jugs from the grocery store-about 35cents. I'm suspicious of those jugs though- BPA or whatever.

The 8-8oz glasses a day is a complete MYTH! They want your chugging fluoride!

That is correct the water that went into the frying pan came directly out of the sink (hot or cold). When my sink is pouring hot water it comes out milky colored and cold it is clear - therefor I usually use cold water.

Once it is boiled however this chemical trace is left behind.

To those who mentioned Teflon - I do believe it has worn off of his pan completely. I do scrub it mercilessly however before use.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why does the hot water sometimes come out cloudy? Does it have something to do with how it's heated?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Why does the hot water sometimes come out cloudy? Does it have something to do with how it's heated?

Mystery to myself as well. I always assumed the hot water pipes were rusty but it seems I'm not alone in the cloudy hot water observation.

It always comes out cloudy which is important to note. Not just sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join