It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Someone Not Be Christian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
Ok, so I just got called a satanist....I think?

Hate to break it to you, but satan/god/the easterbunny/all that nonsense...has no philosophical proof, no factual scientific proof, only what has been beaten into the heads of those of which it controls.

Christianity....where you are either with us, or you are wrong.

It's not about satan, it's the fact that some people are so quick to blindly splurt out their dogma/propaganda, and believe it as fact. Why don't I just say "I don't understand how some people don't like redheads, don't they know they are wrong? oh well, I guess when they die they will see no peace like me. HAHA!"

That's how I take you xtians

Yes and your post (your fruits) are showing who you are on the inside .
What comes out of the mouth comes from the heart ......is it really that dark in there ? Your poem was pretty dark .....(I am a poet too so I do appreciate poetry ) but wow ..that was some heavy stuff ........

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

It was a SOng he posted not a poem. I am sure that he never wrote it either.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xcrystx
Hello everyone,

Let me just get it straight out there by saying I am so flabbergasted sometimes when I think at the fact that there are people who do not believe in our savior, Christ. Even more, the people who had once been faithful but decided to throw their lives away by turning their backs on God. It is most definitely mind-boggling.

The effect Jesus Christ has had on us holy people is enough to make me never need to come close to questioning my faith. You have to admit that even if you do not believe in the Bible, that its message is so good and pure and life changing that in it of itself it is a perfect guideline to live your life.

When I see these people with their other "religions". I.E. muslims, jews, buddhists, etc... It makes me sick. To devote ones life to a mindless practice and to pray to the wrong God is probably the worst thing you can do.

All in all, what I'm trying to get at is I'd like people to tell me, how can you not be a christian? How can you deny the word of God and Jesus Christ when it is so obviously right?

God Bless.

xcrystx

Seriously... This is the funniest thread i have seen in a long time! Religion in my opinion is the worst kind of manipulation!

I think the title of the topic says it all realy... The church brainwashes people to join and you can't even see that. They call it "Converting..."

How pathetic!

P.s i am not an athiest! I don't like to be tagged!

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

slymattb:

Very good post. It is hard for unbelievers to know the love and desire believers have for them. We just ask they open their heart just a crack and listen with open ears that the Holy Spirit may show them the way home to the Father. May his love shine through our eyes and the sweetness of his spirit be seen in us.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

slymattb:

Very good post. It is hard for unbelievers to know the love and desire believers have for them. We just ask they open their heart just a crack and listen with open ears that the Holy Spirit may show them the way home to the Father. May his love shine through our eyes and the sweetness of his spirit be seen in us.

Peace to you,
Grandma

WTF. There is not such thing as the 'Holy Spirit' - Christians added that to make themselves feel better. Look at the amount of christian books-bibles nowadays that has each different version compared with the next. I thank God that I am not a retarted christian. And what is with that # about 'burn in hell'? More christian crap. If the christians are truly belive in God, then they would know that they are the 'Children Of God'. How many christians nowadays can name every one of those Animal Sacrifice that God himself asked his children to follow??? Can any christian answer?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
WTF. There is not such thing as the 'Holy Spirit' - Christians added that to make themselves feel better. Look at the amount of christian books-bibles nowadays that has each different version compared with the next. I thank God that I am not a retarted christian. And what is with that # about 'burn in hell'? More christian crap. If the Christians are truly believe in God, then they would know that they are the 'Children Of God'. How many Christians nowadays can name every one of those Animal Sacrifice that God himself asked his children to follow??? Can any christian answer?

I am really surprised brother gordonwest for your post. The bible talks about God's spirit. Jesus talks about God's spirit. The Greek and Hebrew scriptures talk about the holy spirit. And more to a point brother gordonwest most of us true believers have felt the spirit of God. I know I have. (try a little spell check this only shows you don't take time thinking before you speak)

Weather you want to believe it or not. I believe in God with all my heart. And not to mention I believe Jesus as God's son as fact. And I believe the bible is the word of God. And I am telling you through personal experience there is a spirit of God. God bless

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Emphasis mine:

(try a little spell check this only shows you don't take time thinking before you speak)

Weather you want to believe it or not.

This really doesn't help your case, Slymattb.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So what preTrip you dont believe in the holy ghost either?????????????

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
(try a little spell check this only shows you don't take time thinking before you speak)

Weather you want to believe it or not.

Try not to open your mouth when your foot is flying towards it. I think you meant to spell "whether," not "weather," which is the Sun and clouds and the air blowing outside.

And if you want to be really strict with syntax here, your punctuation is also incorrect and you have a sentence fragment, all within this single quote.

Why am I not a Christian? I have learned more from Satan himself. So much that I believe your particular god, and Satan, are no more real than Zeus or Poseidon. Look how good Satan is at his work! He has to be when logic and common decency are at his disposal.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xcrystx
how can you not be a christian? How can you deny the word of God and Jesus Christ when it is so obviously right?

I think you answered your own question with that little statement, you're pretty self righteous arent you

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So what preTrip you dont believe in the holy ghost either?????????????

No, slymattb, that wasn't what I was saying.

You accused someone of not taking time to think before they spoke. You stated that your proof of this was not using a "spell check". Your next sentence really didn't help your complaint.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

WTF. There is not such thing as the 'Holy Spirit' - Christians added that to make themselves feel better. Look at the amount of christian books-bibles nowadays that has each different version compared with the next. I thank God that I am not a retarted christian. And what is with that # about 'burn in hell'? More christian crap. If the Christians are truly believe in God, then they would know that they are the 'Children Of God'. How many Christians nowadays can name every one of those Animal Sacrifice that God himself asked his children to follow??? Can any christian answer?

I am really surprised brother gordonwest for your post. The bible talks about God's spirit. Jesus talks about God's spirit. The Greek and Hebrew scriptures talk about the holy spirit. And more to a point brother gordonwest most of us true believers have felt the spirit of God. I know I have. (try a little spell check this only shows you don't take time thinking before you speak)

Weather you want to believe it or not. I believe in God with all my heart. And not to mention I believe Jesus as God's son as fact. And I believe the bible is the word of God. And I am telling you through personal experience there is a spirit of God. God bless

I also KNOW God and Jesus is real, and they are both in the 'Kingdom Of God'. I am hoping that God himself would see me as one of the children. He knows that I am not a christian. In one of the bibles, it tells us that God said 'do not worship anything in Heaven or on Earth'. So I do not belive in being in a christian religion. There has never been any 'evidence' saying that the Holy #-spirit is real. If people-christians wants to be BRAIN WASHED into thinking the ONLY way of knowing God is through the church then they can belive that. The TRUTH IS that the TRUE belivers-followers of God will ONLY have faith in God, and todo his commandments and his rules, read the O'T. Please, if you are going to talk, then talk the true-facts and not crap. Thanks For Reading.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I also KNOW God and Jesus is real, and they are both in the 'Kingdom Of God'. I am hoping that God himself would see me as one of the children.
He knows that I am not a christian.

Bible Quote
Bread of Life
John 6 v 28-29 + 35
28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"

29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

35Then Jesus declared, "I am the Bread of Life

The new testament and right out of Jesus own mouth he says that if you believe in God and his Son Jesus Christ you are saved. And I would think this would make you mostly Christian. But you still got to believe in the bible and the new testament as the word of God.

In one of the bibles, it tells us that God said 'do not worship anything in Heaven or on Earth'. So I do not belive in being in a christian religion

Just because God said in the ten commandments that you should not worship anything in heaven or on Earth does mean you shouldn't go to church. You just miss translated and not a good one. Let me get the scripture for you.

Bible Quote
Ten Commandments
Exodus 20 v 4-6
4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Nowhere in this OT Scripture does it say you have to go to church to be saved. It says don't worship things that are made. On earth or heaven. But what the bible does say is tho salt keep the sabbath day holy. Lets get that scripture too.

Bible Quote
Ten Commandments
Exodus 20 v 6-11
8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Bible Quote
Lorf of the Sabbath
Matthew 12v 8
8For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Matthew 12 v 11-14
11He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

13Then he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

Clearly none of the Scriptures old or new say you have to go to church. In fact it says its better to do the will of God, or do the work of God. Than to do nothing. I don't go to church but this is more do to the fact I don't think there is a church that doesn't have a wrong belief. But I do believe churches have great fellowship which God wants.

There has never been any 'evidence' saying that the Holy sh!t-spirit is real.

Why does it sound like you hate the spirit. I am still a little confused on how you believe in the old testament and new and say this. But lets use scripture to prove yourself wrong. Remember the bible is the word of God. The bible talks about the spirit all over. And you said you believe in Jesus, and Jesus was baptized what did he receive from God??? God's spirit!!! Now for that scripture.

Bible Quote
Nebuchadnezzar's Dream of a Tree
Daniel 4:8
8 Finally, Daniel came into my presence and I told him the dream. (He is called Belteshazzar, after the name of my god, and the spirit of the holy gods is in him.)

The Writing on the Wall
Daniel 5:11
There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. King Nebuchadnezzar your father—your father the king, I say—appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners.

Lets get better scripture to prove the spirit of God.

Bible Quote
The Baptism of Jesus
Matthew 3 v 13 v 17
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"

15Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

If people-christians wants to be BRAIN WASHED into thinking the ONLY way of knowing God is through the church then they can belive that. The TRUTH IS that the TRUE belivers-followers of God will ONLY have faith in God, and todo his commandments and his rules, read the O'T.

Here I don't disagree with you. The path to God is not just going to church. And going to church is not whats safes you. The bible is word of God. The bible tells us whats real and true. And your right True believers follow by faith. Through faith we believe in God and Christ. Through faith we believe the bible as the word of God.

Please, if you are going to talk, then talk the true-facts and not crap. Thanks For Reading.

Lol sounds to me you miss what I said brother. Because everything I said was by faith brother. I believe in God with all my heart. And I believe everything I just said was by scripture to prove by point. Is that true-facts for you. If you believe that I said crap. Then you ignore bible facts, and the faith of a believer and other believers.

God bless and go in God's spirit.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

ok so you havent really listened to anyone then. come on WHAT experimentation and hard FACTS have you collated science boy?????????

One track mind????? ha ha ha ha! you have no idea who i am. verbatim regurgitation, thats all most "science" people do. You read, you say or should i say monkey evolved, monkey do?

with all that inner mind rubbish its astounding you have the temerity to knock a Christian. just how is automation is the sum of us is a joke.

On top of that i have been a Christian for just 8 yrs and was very much the science believer.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Hate to break it to you but you cant disprove God either nor Satan or the Jesus. And all that nonsense you talking about that billions have followed you still and never will be able to disprove!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 12-12-2008 by slymattb]

Hate to break it to you but you cannot prove a negative. Just like you cannot disprove Zeus you cannot disprove God. Besides, you are the one who is supposed to prove God. It is not us that are supposed to disprove God (even though we can bust just about everything related to God).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join