It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Mystery of Canneto di Caronia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Internos: Would you happen to have access to the scientists studies on natural EM levels during the occurences? I know you said they were normal, but could they have been, instead of higher, LOWER than normal?

Edit - Or is that info only available in the info we don't have?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Now this is a UFO thread! Awesome work, thank you. I wish I had more to add, but I find it's best if I just observe - don't embarrass myself that way

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You did an amazing work! Congratulations.
Of course we will never know the real truth coming from them since the people that want this undisclosed will take over and cover up everything with some silly stories of natural electro-magnetic forces creating all this.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thank you for this topic. I find problem that information is not in english usually. This case is interesting. I would like to know what situation is now, is it normal or what?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hi Internos, good info, But why are we getting this only now? I'm Brazilian and we had something like this in the past, but in this case ufo were apparebtly taking blood samples from females in a small fisher village using some kind of red light. the air force sent a team there because they were in panic and asking their mayor to do something so he called the air force. they took pictures and roled films, after sometime they were called back. the report they did was released and it was called "operação pato" I'll post a link about it later.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interestingly, Aleister Crowley resided in nearby Cefalu.
"One curious fact is that Canneto di Caronia is quite close to Cefalu, where the notorious black magician Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) had his Temple of Thelema in the 1930s. The derelict building is still there," leading to speculation that some black magickal spell of Crowley's may have activated 56 years after his death. (See the Italian newspaper Il Messagero for April 13, 2004, also Fortean Times No. 183 for June 2004, "The Burning Question," page 8.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Great post, s&f.

This all worries me.

If indeed these anomalies and disruptions are being caused by aliens or an alien craft(s)... then it seems that they have crossed a new threshold in mmm, how could I say this, "messing with humans".

I can't confirm if Aliens exist or not, but I bet on sports daily, and the odds are well in the favour of "yes", yes that other life forms exist in the universe.

So if indeed this is a certain alien species, could a malevolant species have come across us and decided...

"let's torture these people a bit."
"this looks like a good spot, Canneto di Caronia it is."

What if this area is a testing ground, for shadier, scarier, more destructive things to come?

They've already terrorised the villagers. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that my bed or couch might burst into flames... would be even worse if I had kids or the elderly around.

I know I'm speculating here, but you don't often here of UFO interaction with humans that causes harm to us.

There's just way too many things to explain rationally. This is messed up.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Bravissimo Internos!!!! complimenti per un grande lavoro!
I am happy apparently i'm not the only Italian Here.
Anyway congratulations for bringing to ATS this great story....
In Italy we have many areas where there are far above average UFOs sightings, among which Sicily, Tuscany, Liguria ( where genova is ), Vicenza.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Bravissimo e congratulazioni per questo post!
I'm happy i'm not the only italian in this wonderful forum....

Sicily, along with tuscany, Liguria ( where the port of genova is ) and the north east area south of the Alps, are very busy with UFOs sightings of various kinds...
We also have a few popular and deeply investigated abduction stories in Italy...

Ciao

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I thought I would check in. It took me a couple of hours to drive over here but I get to spend the night at the Za' Maria Hotel. I am basically right on the beach which is good. I was getting near the outskirts of the town I saw something high up in the sky. I have seen this a couple of times before around Palermo but its always in the same part of the sky. Don't ask me because I don't feel like calculating the whole direction thing and I don't have a compass.

I tried taking photos of it with my phone but its # and basically a black screen. Anyone know if the iPod touches take photos? It just sits there up in the sky below the clouds and doesn't move. It kind of looks like its rotating and flashing but maybe its an optical illusion. I will try to get some better photos of it tomorrow if it pops up. Has anyone else seen something like this before? I remember seeing it once in the States a couple of years ago. Anyways I plan on being here for another day and then onto Messina so hopefully I can find something interesting tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

You should try to get some dowsing rods and report any odd things you come across... Rods spinning, etc.
Also, it is unfortunate that you don't have a compass. Can you get one?

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I thought I would check in. It took me a couple of hours to drive over here but I get to spend the night at the Za' Maria Hotel. I am basically right on the beach which is good. I was getting near the outskirts of the town I saw something high up in the sky. I have seen this a couple of times before around Palermo but its always in the same part of the sky. Don't ask me because I don't feel like calculating the whole direction thing and I don't have a compass.

Trova una bussola, compare.
We have an ATSer on the place, right now. Please wish him best luck.

nastalgik, please also ask for photos, evidences, do whatever you can: what a nice news

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

That's really cool! I've always wanted to go on a UFO sight-seeing tour. Can't wait to find out if you experience anything.

cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
One question to out fellow members that speak Italian, does the name of this place "Canneto di Caronia", mean something?

I ask this because names are sometimes connected to known "features" of the area or ancient cases,.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Canneto means "reed," a more apt translation would be "grove."
di means "of"
Caronia is the name of the greater community.

Caronia (Greek: Καλάκτα, Ptol.: Καλὴ Ἀκτὴ, Diod. et al.; Latin: Calacte or Cale Acte) is a town and comune on the north coast of Sicily, in the province of Messina, about half way between Tyndaris (modern Tindari) and Cephaloedium (modern Cefalù). The town has 3,555 inhabitants

wiki

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Exactly: groove of reeds is correct: here's one

Canneto

Jay-in-ARI'm looking at the reports transmitted so far: i hope to be able to post some details regarding your question. I also hope to find a photo that would show an air bubble one kilometre wide. I couldn't find it yet, but it's mentioned in the most recent articles.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Thanks, schrodingers dog and internos, although it does not help in the way I was thinking it helps to get an idea of the place, either as it is or as it was when it got its name.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I needed some time to think about these strange happenings...

And I am starting to believe that this may be secret military technology being tested out. This is only my personal belief, of course. But I really see no reason why aliens would be spending time and effort creating destruction like this (some of the things mentioned in the OP):

- Boats, Cables, beds, sofas, chairs, cookers, vacuum cleaner, TV, refrigerators, washing machines, cables catching fire spontaneously, even when unplugged.
- Air conditioners literally melting spontaneously
- Car glasses imploding
- Car glasses found with small, perfectly rounded holes, as being hit by some invisible bullets
- Aubergines coloured like rainbows
- Plants burst into flames selectively, on a squared area
- Pen drives getting erased spontaneously
- Compasses … loosing their orientation
- Automatic gates opening and closing randomly
- Mysterious death of animals, both from ground and sea

I do on the other hand see why a military force would want a weapon creating effects like this. If you can target and mess with different kinds of equipment, remote control automatic gates, destroy plants and crops for farmers and also kill animals (life stock) you can make life very, very difficult for the enemy. You can make your enemy weak and helpless. And you can do it without actually killing human beings...

Yes, I definetly see how this kind of secret technology could be very useful indeed for a military force.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
For the first time in human history, I present here incontrovertible evidence of existence of tens of thousands of UFO in the Earth's atmosphere, which can be seen by any person in any part of the world at any time.
Read the article below. " Aliens live in our earth's atmosphere" .
//uweb.superlink.net/dialect/aliens.html

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Can't edit my last post for some reason, so I make another one:

I have found a list of UFO cases listed as "Category 03 - E-M (Electro-Magnetic) Cases" at Nicap's website. I have looked through them, and there are cases reported where compasses has been affected, there has been car engine failures and radio/TV disturbances, radar jammed and so on.

I may have overlooked something, but have not been able to find cases here where objects have been melted/destroyed, where fires have started, plants have been destroyed (burnt?), animals killed and so on.The events in Canneto di Caronia seems to be of a very special and unusual nature, no matter what (or who) is causing them...

Here is the link to the list of electro-magnetic cases:
www.nicap.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join