It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Mystery of Canneto di Caronia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

What a great & higly intriguing case yo've find for us here, Internos.. S&F!! I'll be reading more into this later..

The first thing that caught my attention, is definitely the fisherman's account about possible UFOs coming from the ocean/sea..It reminds me of somewhat similar cases here, in Indonesia. Also, the fact that there's a whole team of experts and government officials studying this phenomenon, and yet so little information released thus far, is making me so curious..Do you think they will ever release the full official report?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here is some information:

www.datasync.com...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by hande]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I haven't had the chance to read all the posts yet but Iwould like to throw my $1500.26 worth in (figures adjusted for inflation).
H.A.A.R.P.!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
top thread as always INTERNOS
could be to do with plate tectonics but could this be related to HAARP? but then what of the UFOs sightings? can it be alien? who knows but an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The underground passage ways that comb the undergrounds of sicily were

made in the 17th century by the brotherhood, which is what the mob

bases their story on. The video's you posted may have had "eye-witness"

reports but didn't contain any actual footage; yes it had actual footage of

the people and the locations after affects but nothing to be seen as caught

footage. I would suspect if there are so many witnesses that some home

video should be available; I'll make my assesment after those videos are

posted but the underground cities are more then likely a hoax.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm too lazy to log in but I just have to say.. what a great thread. Brilliant work :]

The eniac

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for your nice contribution to the thread.
ZPE StarPilot, thank you for bringing on the board the tectonic activity theory: it was one of the FIRST facets that has been investigated with Physical, Geo-Physical and Geo-Chemical data assessment campaign by National Geophysics and Volcanology institute, and during the emission of some of the impulses the activity was within the normal parameters: besides, the Magnetometric and Electro-magnetic fields detection and monitoring campaign by Marina Militare assessed that at least once, the source of the emission was ABOVE the surface of the sea: basically, in according to the proofs, the source was somewhere ABOVE the sea, and the impulse travelled at an altitude between 0 and 50 feet, PARALLEL to the surface of the sea: imagine an invisible electro-magnetic BULLET being shot by some invisible gun above the sea. And that's not all: the "fingerprints" of the electro-magnetic impulses has been determined to don't be natural, this after three years of assessments made by high profile professionals and with the latest technologies available, U.S. ones included: nothing was natural in them: their source, their propagation, their decayement. But there's a point on top of that: even assuming that there was that type of inolvement, then just something like 15-20% of the phenomena would have been explained: how about the rest? Because that's the problem: it's a series of events happened all together, some of them could match some natutral occurrence but there is NOT a single explanation which covers all of them: basically, mother nature should have made some conspiracy in order to hit this small town with some dozens of different natural phenomena, all together: 350 DIFFERENT cases, many of them are nowhere close to be possibly explained as direct-indirect consequence of tectonic activity
The team of experts already ruled out the natural phenomena, that's all.
The task force which studied (and IS studying the case), coordinated by Francesco Mantegna Venerando, was leaded by:
  • Bruno Azzerboni (Electrical engineering teacher at University of Messina)

• Giuseppe Maschio (Director of Department of Chemical at Padoa university)

• Clarbruno Vedruccio (Phisic, Marina Militare)

• Massimo Chiappini (Director of Geo-Magnetism Laboratory at National Institute of Geo-Physic and Volcanology

These are just the guys who LEADED and technically COORDINATED the studies:

PLUS

• Ministery of Tele Communications
  • Marina Militare
  • Military Air Force**By the way, it is interesting to take a look at the links, where it reads Avvistamenti UFO (UFO sightings)
  • ARPA
  • SIAS
  • Telespazio
  • ENEL
  • Others

Originally posted by Lokey13

The underground passage ways that comb the undergrounds of sicily were
    made in the 17th century by the brotherhood, which is what the mob
    bases their story on. The video's you posted may have had "eye-witness"
    reports but didn't contain any actual footage; yes it had actual footage of
    the people and the locations after affects but nothing to be seen as caught
    footage. I would suspect if there are so many witnesses that some home
    video should be available; I'll make my assesment after those videos are
    posted but the underground cities are more then likely a hoax.

Hi, Lokey13: what underground cities ?

Some of the videos DO show the occurrences while happening, and the phenomena were observed, recorded, reported by scientists, researchers, military, journalists etc: you can see furniture and appliances catching fire, some cell phone in charge while unplugged, a compass pointing away from north and so on. I'd say tha the hoax theory is VERY far fetched: did you know that since the natural cause was ruled out that people won't get even just a cent for compensation since the "natural calamity" status can't be declared? Did they burn their self apparatus, sofas, beds, cars, boats for fun? Did they killed their own animals because they were seeking attention?
    How did they paint the eggplants, by the way?
    In marina di Caronia, on March 2006, a whole plantation of eggplants appeared of the color that can be seen in the photo:
    the farmers lost 3.000 eggplants because no one wanted to buy them. Analysis made in laboratory couldn't explain this event.
    Source

the theory of the hoax was ruled out 24 hours after the start of the assessment: ah, a detail more: the phenomena continued after the EVACUATION of the town, so they would have needed some remote control power able to generate some ELECTRO-MAGNETIC impulse of the power between 12 and 15 gigawatts: they, 39 humble people from a small town would have developed some super technologically advanced weapon that is believed to be way beyond any known military technology.
    Mnaaahhhh, let me say that it 's NOT a hoax

Mid-air collision with UFO

Attacking an helicopter -
    In March 2006 a resident in Canneto sees an helicopter in troubles, takes a photo and finds out the behind the helicopter appears an object. It's an helicopter of civil defence in mission on the area in order to investigate on UFOs. But the flight gets interrupted because of an anomaly
    Source

The damage occurred to the helicopter: its pilot was forced to an emergency landing after a breakdown: after landing, he found out, astonished, that something hit the blades.
    Source

Scientific Police investigates - In the photo, a detail of the damage.
    The analysis made in laboratory RULED OUT any presence of organic material in the parts that have been hit: it was NOT a contact with a bird.
    Ma l'istruttoria ancora in corso ha accertato una variazione della conducibilità elettrica all'interno delle pale. During the still ongoing investigations, it has been detected a Variation in the electrical conductivity in the inside of the blade

This photo (exclusive, Corriere della sera) published on september 11th settembre) was taken on Augus 2nd, 2004 from a military boat in navigation close to Vulcano island: two objects can clearly be seen, they are tought to be UFOs. Experts confirmed theat the photo was not retouchedSource

Burned Ampelodesmos.
    During the fires of 2004, the most disturbing burst all the plants pertaining to the species "Ampelodesmos mauritanicus", leaving unharmed all the other ones. It has been ruled out the human intervention. The plants were burst even in their roots, underground.
    Source

Mass-death of Mytilidae. Another coincidence, in 2004, was the death of thousands of Mytilidae "Velella" in Marina di Caronia. Sometimes it may happen after strong winds or sudden termic variations in the water: but no one of these conditions were recorded during those days.
    Source

I hope to be able to answer to as many questions i can.
    Thank you again for your nice contribution.

Ed: fixed links (i hope).

[edit on 28/11/2008 by internos]

• posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
    link   
    Well Internos, what can I say....

You have done it again!

There is so much to think about this case, common explanations could account for most of the occurrences you are describing, but no natural cause can explain all this happening at the same time in the same region.

It would be interesting to hear explanations from skeptics on this one, in fact I can`t wait.

-o-o-o-

Why are they making themselves so visible?????.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
    link   
    Took me a loooong time to read through this one, Internos. But it was definetly worth it.

Thank you for yet another great thread with lots and lots of interesting information!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
    link   
    Great post, Internos, S&F.
    While I think most of the phenomena could be ascribed individually to varying stimuli, i.e., tectonic, military airborn radar, ball lightning, volcanic, bad wiring, etc., It is strteching the realm of believability to think they have all come togethr in a "perfect storm" to occur in so concentrated a fashion.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
    link   
    What still frustrates me to no end is that this place has been a hot bed since what, 2004?
    How can they not have a Sony HD type, from 10 different angles, video of some damn proof!
    We have CCTV camera's at street corners counting pigeons in countless countries but we still can't get a smoking gun video of ET or his craft!

Internos, it goes without saying I just love the work you put into your threads, so this isn't any type of attack on you at all.

...for me, the inability to get the "duh, there you go" proof especially when there are literally hundreds of reports and such, just makes for the argument that there just isn't any proof to be discovered.

...of course this is no hoax, but ET just can't be that good at limiting his exposure to just crap orb or night light photo ops. How would he know that the only people that are going to video tape are going to zoom in and out every 5 seconds or suffer from the Catherine Hepburn shakes....all around the world no less.
    How could nobody in Arizona not get a Kodak(R) moment of the huge triangle that just drifted through town that night.
    ...my point...., the inability to get the smoking gun when a phenomenon is well know and well studied in a specific location, over a long period of time...well it supports the proposition that there in fact IS NO smoking gun to be discovered. Thus the frustration, I want to believe but intellectual honesty has been a big party pooper in my life.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Res Ipsa

Well, these phenomena are often inconveniently camera-shy, as in the case with the Skinwalker ranch.

There are many eyewitness accounts from the last family to have lived on the ranch, and others who have studied the place, however, when NIDS became involved, for the most part the phenomena died down.

If I remember right, NIDS camera set-ups were mysteriously repositioned or smashed there much of the time.

So, it's not too unbelievable to me that this could be the case here.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
    link   

I'm sorry about the undergound cities being directed toward you internos. That comment was made by the poster underneath your first post. The footage you had did have little occurances in there videos but no defined "proof" of what we are looking for here. I expected to see videos of the ufo's coming from the sea or anything related to ufo activity. Although the fires and the appliances going off without any reason is very very odd, that doesn't necessarily insinuate UFO activity; the videos I need is the videos of the UFO's or a alien starting these fires. The electromagnetic pulse theory could make some sense but if it was actually a generated pulse power would be knocked out for days if not until the entire system was rebooted. Shooty wiring can be the cause of everything short circuiting, you have a wire short near a generator and people could constantly have power turning on and off. I'm not exactly positive what this is but at the moment it seems hardly paranormal, I need some home footage of UFO activity, not footage of unknown occurances.

So Internos any luck finding anything credible let me know.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
    link   
    incredible thread internos

thank you for the great presentation of an extremely interesting story. i don't see how this can be ruled as just natural phenomena when people are seeing disc shaped craft coming out of the water. could there be an Alien connection here ? i don't know but i sure would love to see the photo's and final reports from the investigation.

keep us updated, please

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
    What still frustrates me to no end is that this place has been a hot bed since what, 2004?
    How can they not have a Sony HD type, from 10 different angles, video of some damn proof!
    We have CCTV camera's at street corners counting pigeons in countless countries but we still can't get a smoking gun video of ET or his craft!

Internos, it goes without saying I just love the work you put into your threads, so this isn't any type of attack on you at all.

Res Ipsa, i don't see anything wrong with your post: you are raising some very legitimate doubts, which i share: but lemme tell you one thing.

THIS is the area in which most of the UFOs sightings were reported: 80 x 80 miles.
    Now, let's assume that some TV wants to cover the area:

en.wikipedia.org...

how many crews would you need in order to cover the whole area? Most of the UFOs reported were small spheres of lights, meaning that they could have been spotted just within a very close range, hundreds of feet. There would be no way to cover the entire territory unless someone would spend much money, MUCH MONEY. For example: if you were chief of a television, would you spend a budget like some 180.000 a day for filming mostly pigeons, with the risk to don't get anything interesting (VERY rough calculation made by me)? For how long? And how would you justify the expenses, after filming nothing but a bunch of birds (if you'd be unlucky)? THIS is why there's no 100% of the territory coverage, mate
    Canneto is FULLY monitored, the whole area is not.

I know that it's frustrating to don't see some clear photos and evidences, but what can i do more?
    I'm sharing what i can

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
    link   
    good point with Italy... but what about what "Chickenshoes" said about the "Ranch" that is just one place that they could have focused cameras....not all of the cameras would be "tampered" with.
    ...what about the huge "Arizona lights" deal?
    ....its like Big Foot. Can't catch him dead to rights on camera either and its not like he hasn't been looked for.
    ....but if anyone is going to get the goods here on ATS I have faith it will be you. Keep up the awesome work.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    Great thread, Internos!
    In regards to the "clear video" argument, I'll do with this what I do with most things, file it away and hope that the chap being interviewed in the videos makes good on his promise to disclose the "Very clear videos and photographs we have obtained."

Other than that, I simply don't know what to say about this event. If it IS extraterrestrial, I would say they are pulling a dick-move here. If it weren't for the fact that nobody has been injured yet (by the grace of god, I'd say) I would say this is a full-on assault. Imagine your bed mattress spontaneously combusting in the middle of the night! I'd be pissed. If my mattress caught fire and then I saw an orb of light outside my window I think all fear would be gone immediately. I would grab the nearest weapon and give 'em hell.
    In the meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what I can about THIS type of grass. www.fao.org... ... AMPELODESMOS MAURITANICUS
    It is odd that only this type of grass was destroyed, even at the subterrainean level. Although, it appears to be considered an invasive species of plant, so maybe they aren't being such jerks afterall.

I have no theory to work on. This is too odd. As for it being HAARP, I don't think so. HAARP operates out of the upper atmosphere, the pulses wouldn't have been seen to be travelling across the surface of the sea.
    At any rate, I'm on it.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:33 PM
    link   
    Oh, and a quick question... In your "xfiles" source that shows the odd photographs, what is up with that painting of the UFO over a house shooting it with a ray? I don't read Italian, but that is odd. How old is that? Was it painted by someone from this same village?

This one. www.corriere.it.../09_Settembre/magazine_xfiles/1&7

Dang, I don't think my link works. You know which one I'm talking about, though.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
    Oh, and a quick question... In your "xfiles" source that shows the odd photographs, what is up with that painting of the UFO over a house shooting it with a ray? I don't read Italian, but that is odd. How old is that? Was it painted by someone from this same village?

This one. www.corriere.it.../09_Settembre/magazine_xfiles/1&7

Thank you for your post, especially your first one depicts how someone would feel in case he would be a victim of what happened to canneto: actually, they DO are pissed off, (by the way journalists, for example, are not very welcome right now: all that the residents want is that this craze ceases ASAP):
    That painting:
    Its caption says: Chinese coincidences. In 2006 a pilot photographed at Punta Raisi (NOTE: locality which also hosts an airport) some kind of craft. The same craft (same shape, same structure, same towers) can be found on a book written in 1980, Ufos China, which depicts a sighting that took place on 1942 in Xiao Tian.
    I've deliberately ignored it, because it's not relevant IMHO, i couldn't find the photo, and unless someone is very trainded, similarities between two UFO sightings are almost always stretched. The report of the pilot should be somewhere into that database: i don't know what i would give away to have that DARN database here.

[edit on 28/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    Yeah, the more I thought about it, I don't know HOW furious I would be if something like that happened to me.
    Anyhow, it brings me to something else. I have only heard of two prolonged flaps where people were being terrorized. The Brazilian thing is the other one. If there are more, I would be interested in knowing about them.
    The reason I say that is it makes me think... If this IS an extraterrestrial event, why is it that the hostile activity takes place in such remote areas while everything elsewhere is calm in comparison. ... hmmm... They don't mean any harm. I mean whatever is behind this obviously has immense power. Why not turn the juice up against Mexico City, Los Angeles, New York City, etc...

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it is because doing so would obviously cause widespread panic, while at the same time doing this in remote regions isolates the fear and gives our scientists a chance to work on the logistics of it... Forcing us to figure these things out for ourselves...

Nevermind me, just pondering.

And yeah, I would love for them to release the database. *Crossing fingers, but not too hard*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join