It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Spies Monitor Activists Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

WEB SPIES MONITOR ACTIVISTS ONLINE

www.news.com.au

A PRIVATE intelligence company has been engaged by police to secretly monitor internet and email use by activist and protest groups, a report says.

The company was hired to monitor and report on the internet activities of anti-war campaigners, animal rights activists, environmental campaigners, and other protest groups, Fairfax Media reported.

It was hired by Victorian Police, the Australian Federal Police and the federal Attorney-General's department.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Please review following links
Character limit
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/11/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I guess this means us?.........We know they are out there watching us, And I just wonder how long it will be before they shut down sites like us?........Big brother is out there and he doesn't like what he sees........We may not stop this agenda, but maybe we can slow it down.

It says that they want to secretly monitor.........Yeah!, so that you can't catch them in there act.What do you think of this ordeal, just the same ole junk they have been doing anyway, or are they delving deeper to shut these voices down?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah they are collecting intelligence.
They are not breaking into pc's etc and monitoring internet traffic at the packet level.
They are just profiling from websites chat rooms etc.
In reality, as long as you keep it private, anyone is allowed to profile whoever they want and keep there own private records on it.
Not that im saying I agree with it.
I think its disgusting.
But its not really illegal.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good find. Flagged it.
I'm sure most people here realize that the Government is doing this. At least it is going MainStream. I have often speculated amongst my friends that if I were to fly overseas tomorrow, I would be tagged as a "person of interest"... I'm sure most contributors here would.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You have a good point CC...................Keep your eyes open, cause I'm sure they will......

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If this story does go mainstream, it's be denied, then justified, then glorified, then used for something it wasn't originally promised to.....same as everything else. Personally I'd have to ask if we are allowed to profile them under the same guise? I believe we have sufficient evidence to show various government agencies pose threats. let's all pool our resources and hire them to track them? can't be that hard to get their names. Of course, I just thought of it, I'm not actually gonna do anything.......(sssssshhhhhh) lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
But its not really illegal.

Locking up Jews, Gays and Gypsies in Germany wasn't illegal either. I'm sure I don't have to say what happened next.

Legality is a strange word. Legal and illegal do not equate to right and wrong IMO.

Rant over.

On topic: Remember to watch what you say on-line. I'm sure this is already done in most countries.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Glad this stuff is bubbling up. Of course they use all means to watch in, we just need to be less politically dangerous

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Is this news to anyone? do you think ATS is safe from NSA etc? pleeeease if some thread popped up here that had absolute irefutable evidence of say...aliens....9/11 inside job etc etc..the thread would be closed down and company who hosts this site would be also.Or atleast pressured...you are only given the illusion of democracy and free will...step over a line and you will see how fake that freedom really is in the west.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh I would so much like to save all that tax money being wasted on paying these traitors to a grass roots democracy good incomes at our expense. If they would just publish their address, I would be happy to send them some conspiracy threads and research each day, and try and convert them to the righteous side. They should be getting tons of mail, and letters to the point concerning every topic discussed.
That way our money can be spent serving us and our needs, even wishes, better!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They'd shut us down if they hadn't figured that we couldn't even sort out the next committee meeting. In other words, let's start a thread on the 'revolution,' and none of us would bother. That keeps us safe. They don't need to shut us down because of the proverbial brewery, cellar and piss up.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If they actually try and read all the posts etc. they'll either go insane and quit the job or they'll start believing everything and turn to the dark side

I went over seas just recently but didn't appear to be tagged or anything when leaving the US that was easy. But geesh getting back into the US I went through 2 luggage detectors, customs official, 2 carry on baggage inspectors and then an agriculture baggage inspector.

When I left the US it was 1 baggage detector, 1 carry on detector and just had to fill out a form for agriculture on the plane only talked to 1 customs guy and that was it. They have no problem saying see ya but when you want back in the US dang it's nuts.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
if some thread popped up here that had absolute irefutable evidence of say...aliens....9/11 inside job etc etc..the thread would be closed down and company who hosts this site would be also.Or atleast pressured...

I doubt it!

If I/you were them, I/we would just sit, watch, send some e-mails and make a few calls

Why bother biting the hand that feeds you? Why not use the opportunity to gain further valuable knowledge.

Sure, the threads may get closed but chasing away the food source would be rather daft imo.

Am I right Mr
?

Also....even the biggest piece of evidence or proof would have it's skeptics however conclusive it seemed, it won't EVER be one single piece of information to convince everybody at one moment....not HERE anyway.

Things take time and must evolve into a "yes", "no" or usually a "don't know".

[edit on 27/11/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Solomons
if some thread popped up here that had absolute irefutable evidence of say...aliens....9/11 inside job etc etc..the thread would be closed down and company who hosts this site would be also.Or atleast pressured...

I doubt it!

If I/you were them, I/we would just sit, watch, send some e-mails and make a few calls

Why bother biting the hand that feeds you? Why not use the opportunity to gain further valuable knowledge.

Sure, the threads may get closed but chasing away the food source would be rather daft imo.

Am I right Mr
?

Well your probably right...the website wouldnt be shutdown...but the thread would and thread creator wouldn't have a fun time with guys in suites chapping on his door.But like i said...if anyone is expecting ATS sometime in the future to reveal a huge secret from a post...you are kidding yourself.Yes we can all speculate,source here source there...if there was ever anything that completely showed the truth it wouldnt be shown...unless your quick enough to see it before it gets closed.

new topics

top topics

join