It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money shortage in the U.S. - Debtors prisons comming soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Trillions of dollars has been added to the U.S. economy is a very short period of time. And yet many people are still having a difficult time paying there bills. People are persecuting each other for every last dollar. Very soon debt collection and debtors prisions will be the major driving U.S. economic growth engine for the economy. We can only conclude there is not enough money in circulation yet.

Where is all of this capital that is being injected into the economy going?

It isn't going to the people who need it. So we must conclude that it is being hoarded by the very few in high places and positions of power. Apparently they don't have enough and need even more in order to be secure. Let's print some more. Add a few more trillion maybe that will do the trick. It's only paper what the hell.

For the love of God, stop investing in a bankrupt nation. Many third world countries are a better bet for solid growth and security than the U.S. at this point.

On an interesting side note I noticed in Wednesday's Wall Street Journal that many U.S. corporations are outsourcing U.S. debt collection and legal services to Mumbai India. The site of terror attacks on Wednesday.

Indian lawyers and debt collectors. God help us all.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

We can only conclude there is not enough money in circulation yet.

You sound like Bernanke

On the other side if FED stops printing and pumping money, deflation and great depression would happen (1929)
. Now I sound as Bernanke

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Trillions of dollars has been added to the U.S. economy is a very short period of time. And yet many people are still having a difficult time paying there bills.

I hear what your screaming. I am so sick of the greed, and pure selfishness, that has been uncovered that I literally get sick to my stomach thinking about it.
And, I am still bewildered how these financial 'experts' don't understand that the money needs to go to the people.
What? a stimulus check! HA! that was a joke. There are alot of PEOPLE, not rich corporations, that are in some serious financial trouble.
The "experts"keep telling us that the auto industry is going bankrupt because nobody is buying or can afford a new vehicle. Let alone a big SUV or gas guzzling V8.
The "experts tell us the mortgage company's are going bankrupt because no one is paying there mortgage payment on time let alone at all.
The "experts" tell us that consumer spending is down because no one has a disposable income right now.
I understand that the Federal Government never really had/has the original figure of 700 billion to give. However instead of the astronomical number that currently resides. That 700 billion in the hands of the people could have at least jump started things and if anything given the "experts"some breathing room to actually come up with an idea that is worth a damn.
Why give our money, the American taxpayer's, to the criminals that give themselves million dollar bonus's quarterly.
S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
they are going to suck as much as possible and than they will officially give up the whole bank system.

this is the whole tactic they have. normall people will be ruined. they will own your property and hold your debt.

it is already approved plan.
and we are going to pay with all we have...

star and flag

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Both of you so far are on the money, maybe those are the "fema camps" ready for us deadbeat debtors.

"The experts" have done and are doing exactly what they have planned.

Debtors nation and way of life.

Debt based society is what it will always be with the "Feds" printing the $$$

Try and stop it.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Control is a illusion!
And you can only suppress a nation fo so long....
Thoughts of the French revolution come to mind!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Funny a friend of mine and I discussed the very same thing,with all these people buying expensive things then filing for bankruptcy,not too far off the mark in my thinking,especially when the govt will own all debt

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
debtor's prisons are so 1900'sish....
na....we need something a bit more modern...

our government is too broke to run debtor's prisons..
our debt should be sold to corporations and wealthy institutions.
then well, if any business, corporation, or institution that fails to pay thier debt, well.....another should come along to buy theirs off.
then well....that owner of your debt decides weather they want you to work for them, or rent you off to another stable company...
our infrastruction is shot to hades anyways.....we can bulldoze it and start over.
build better cities, with global warming, energy efficiency and all that in mind. a city can consist or several businesses, living quarters for their workers, a cafeteria, and well, maybe a few stores for those who have money to buy other needed items.
the vast majority of worker's pay will be applied to their debt....leaving them with little to spend anyways, no need for all these malls and such.
these small cities will be built so that no cars are needed to go from home to work, to cafeteria, to stores ect.....maybe some small electric golfcarts for the elite will suffice.
travel between cities will be rare, since the debtors will for the most part be prohibited from leaving them.
since you are feeding and providing for the people en mass it will be more cost effective.
and well....what I just attempted to describe is the city I saw in the future....
long time ago, when I just couldn't see how such a thing was even possible...
there's more to it than this, but well....
now I can see it as a possiblility...
of course, that futuristic city also had trade barriers set up against it, a problem with genetic mutations, a class of people who were genetically mutated for warfare, and the world's biggest beggers...

welcome to the future, hope it isn't the same one!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
dawnstar now that is a 21'st century solution.......well said

and the fed has not been PRINTING or electronically printing the majority of the 8 trillion into existance, only in the last month has the fed actually electronically printed and added much to the money supply BUT that doesn't stop most economists for flubbing that they have printed 8 trillion dollars or something.

When it comes to bernanke and the banks and the economy ONE thing is Important to understand. IT is IMPERATIVE that there are future expectations for inflation ( although preffered to be of managable levels) but inflation non the less. THIS creates investor demand and bank willingness to lend. Ben Bernanke KNOWS he can't stop a full blown deflationary scenario on his own. But he needs to convince the public he can and his name "helicopter ben" is given to increase confidence in the banking system and MAINTAIN future INFLATION expectations even in the face of a deflationary enviornment. This is of the utmost importance in the banking confidence game. Of interesting note is that Ben may or maynot decide to make sure "Deflation doesn't happen here" thru something called monetization of debt, which usually = mass devaluation of the dollar. What all the cheerleaders of this scenario forget to mention is that should this path be chosen the dollar's perch as world reserve currency would likely PERISH and this is the NUMBER #1 strength "pillar" the U.S financial system and the U.s Military have supporting there super power standing. Seems to me it would benefit Big Ben in the bankers to act like they would fight inflation, and history backs up that most gov'ts would rather inflate/devalue there currency then get caught in a deflationary spiral but , MOST OF these historical examples are devoid of country's who may also need to protect there currency (because there super power status actually depends on having a SOUND currency, which is the reason it is the world reserve currency.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

*EXTREME SARCASM*

YES YES i can picture it!
It sounds BEAUTIFUL!
You see Communism wins!
Karl Marx is dancing in his grave!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Control is a illusion!
And you can only suppress a nation fo so long....
Thoughts of the French revolution come to mind!

The main control is the "Debt based--consumer society" we live in.

The people are to complacent to revolt or just too afraid.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

The main control is the "Debt based--consumer society" we live in.

The people are to complacent to revolt or just too afraid.

People have become too dependant upon the system for support to risk being without it. As a society we are all becomming slaves. Afraid to think for ourselves, afraid to step outside the boundries, afraid to take risks, afraid to innovate, afraid to envision a better future.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

join