It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: US Responds to Blair: We will Fingerprint & Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The USA has expanded its border security to include photographing and fingerprinting travellers from 27 Allied nations, beginning September 30, this year.

ctv.ca

Excerpt:

The decision to change security was made after Bush administration officials determined that the so-called "visa-waiver countries" wouldn't be able to meet an October deadline for machine-readable passports containing biometric information, including fingerprint and iris identification features. Such features make documents virtually impossible to counterfeit.

Canadian and Mexican travellers remain exempt from the system.

Comment:

Is "Fingerprint & Photograph" a thinly disguised version of Biometric Identity tracking? These photos will be used to " create a database for police " the article states. You are with us or you are with the terrorists.

Click here for related ATSNN discussion.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
They might say "What do you have to hide?" if you dont feel comfortable providing such personal information to be included in this programme. But who is to say that you personal biometric information cannot be misused once on file?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Only problem i have with this is its okay for the US government to photo a finger print all incoming people but when other countries try to do the same to US citizens the US government cries foul.

Double standards from big brother yet again.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Have to agree with warthog. It's time we looked at ourselves and corrected ourselves before we go round correcting the world.

At the rate the US government (or more accurately, the Bush administration) is moving and the way they are handling foreign policy, the whole world's going to turn on America pretty soon. Pathetic!

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by SleepHollow]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As I am citizen of one of the so-called "visa-waiver countries", this will be the end of my trips to the U.S.. No, I don't have anything to hide, I'm just scared they might have.

Maybe we should chip or ear-tag all the American visitors to Europe, just to keep them safe ofcourse....

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I could care less if I was fingerprinted and photographed if I visited another country. I have nothing to hide and my annual physical examination at my doctor's office is more intrusive.

Remember, travelling to another country is not a right, it is a priviledge granted by the country you visit. If you can accept their stipulations and regulations, then you have no problem. You can always choose to stay home as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well Bush just knocked billions off the revenue US businesses will earn from tourism, you can be sure most people wont visit the US if the 1st thing they get is to be treated like a criminal.

I hope Europe does what Brazil did and fingerprints all US visitors.

Anyway this is useless and any terrorist can still slip in through Mexico as millions of mexicans do but logic and common sense have never been one of the Bush strongpoints.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoaks
As I am citizen of one of the so-called "visa-waiver countries", this will be the end of my trips to the U.S.. No, I don't have anything to hide, I'm just scared they might have.

Maybe we should chip or ear-tag all the American visitors to Europe, just to keep them safe ofcourse....

SERIOUSLY! maybe that would piss off enough people here in the states to get them to reject such a silly act of totalitarianism.

ideally, I would enforce a law that forced americans to wear a collar with a ringing bell if they left their country. Although it's obvious to spot a typical american in any country outside of US borders, the collar with the bell would just be FUNNY.

im kidding. relax.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Tourists from north england and scotland will no longer visit the US for a much much simpler reason...money. Who is going to travel to London (it has to be done in person) to get the relevant biometric details taken so that they can visit the states. Such a trip for a family adds a considerable cost. It may be a one-off cost but it will still be deterrant. Eurodisney business will improve no doubt.

Anyway, would a guy who is intent in blowing himself up be bothered about having biometric data on file ! Would a guy intent on attacking the US with its "security" do some bank jobs on the side to ensure they had a criminal record such that the biometric data became "useful".

DUH

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"They might say "What do you have to hide?" if you dont feel comfortable providing such personal information to be included in this programme. But who is to say that you personal biometric information cannot be misused once on file?"

Misused by whom and in what way exactly?

top topics

join