It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing your applause...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know I'm a little late to the party (no, no, no applause
ok - pathetically corny - sorry), but I received applause recently (like today, I think - I just began a member recently too, so I'm still bumping into a lot of furniture) and there is no message. I didn't delete anything because I never accessed the folder. There are two mass messages in there, but nothing else. I have a few posts with a handful of stars. One person befriended me today as well, but the person is a member, not a mod (and hasn't posted to any of the few threads I have) - so - any suggestions? I just looked up what applause was, so I am curious.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Weird. An applause action always generates an auto U2U with a link to the post. I did some digging and did find this post by you which was applauded by moderator MemoryShock.

I can't explain why you didn't receive a U2U. The ones for applause are auto generated. We don't send them individually, and there's no way to prevent one from going out.

There's even a "disclaimer" in the U2U about not responding to it, since a response would fall into an unmanned black hole.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Wow! Thanks for the detective work and the quick reply! Yeah, I did look around quiet a bit before posting (I can't help but think I'm missing something - like when I realized I had two different "profiles"), but there seems to be only one inbox, and that only had the two mass messages. But again, thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Same thing happened to me today, too. Applause, but no U2U?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

The only folks who can 'applaud' other than staff are FSME (Forum Subject Matter Experts) in the forums in which they are experts.

There might be an glitch with the renovation works going on ... perhaps that's why you guys aren't getting them u2us.

But I'm curious ... how did you guys realize you got the clap if you didn't get a u2u notice?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I often utilize my "Public Profile" to view and reference posts/threads in different views than those readily available via "MyATS" - While doing so, noticed that Applause had been given - I'm a n00b too - So it being my Applause cherry, it was noticeable

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I don't know as I can get a specific answer. It's an applause for the same thread I referenced above. I can't seem to narrow it down to a specific post, but if you look through your posts on that thread, it may be apparent to you.

I've kicked this issue upstairs. If it happens to one person, it's likely a rare anomaly. Two people and it's trending towards a trend.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

The first one is always special ... most members don't realize the feature is there until they get the first one. Truth be told they are all special, whether they come in the form of an 'official' applause or a U2U message from a fellow member noticing one of your posts and taking the time to communicate it.

As grumpy as many of us may be at times, we're still social creatures who appreciate acknowledgment ... i predict you'll both get many more.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You should give these guys another one each ... you know to make sure it's bustered.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thanks for looking! But it's not really necessary for me to know - Someone taking the time to appreciate any of my posts was rewarding enough. I only commented as this may indicate issue with automated message delivery regarding Applause - but maybe not

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You should give these guys another one each ... you know to make sure it's bustered.

Only in the name of functionality verification, ensuring the overall operative function of the site, of course.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Pick your favorite Moderator and send them a U2U thanking them for the applause!

This will also serve to plant a suggestive message in that Moderators mind that they are prone to applaude you!

In fact send a thanks to every Moderator!

Soon you will have God Like Wisdom.

Don’t tell Schrödinger’s Dog I said to do that!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Because I am SUCH a newbie, I was still checking the number of posts I had to see if I could start my very own thread yet

(and I can now - this post will make #22!)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the issue is a result of my shoddy wifi connection currently (should be resolved soon)...

misinformational - I could probably find the post if you would like...should be easy for me to track down...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
post by misinformational

There ya go. The motivation for the applause was due to the calm rationalization that discussion be encouraged to continue despite the "admonition" that no one "knew what they were doing"...a solid thought all around...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Applause cherry...too funny! I believe we chatted briefly, misinformational, but considering the noise level on that thread, I'll take this opportunity to say "nice to meet you. "

yeahright - thanks again for the expeditious hand in resolving our applause issue.

Schrödinger’s Dog - you are one cool cat!

and ProtoplasmicTraveler - Great idea! *and mum's the word* (I was going to say something corny again, involving osmosis or something, but....

...You don't suppose the applause was because I admitted to being an idiot in that post, do you?)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Ah! there you are! Thank you for the applause, MemoryShock, whatever the reason. It was pretty cool, considering I hadn't even earned new thread rights yet.

I will always think of you as my first

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I've always considered recognition of one's contributions the second most rewarding aspect of contributing in the first place - second only to the actual intent of said contributions - many thanks MemoryShock!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you guys for some constructive input...and no, srjily, it wasn't for the aforementioned reason...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join