It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on god(s) anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, so this is mostly inspired as a response to yet another thread about the evils of homosexuality, that the horrors being visited on the earth are a punishment, yadda, yadda...

So, we're living under the whim of a wrathful, vengeful god(s), throwing his toys out the pram because things aren't going his way... so we're all going to die in a great conflagration? Anyone want to take this sitting down? I didn't ask for the horrors, granted I am a "sinner" - I'm ok with that, I try to do more good than harm, but if that's not good enough...

I'm willing to make war on god, anyone else up for it?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Assuming he exists, which I'm unsure of.

I don't pick fights I can't win. Or do my best at least.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And if we ourselves are the gods in that they are manifestations of our selves or our collective self, would that not just be self destructive?

Perhaps what we need to do is to see that the gods we worship are in fact reflections of our own maturity as a species. Rather than wage war against them, why not help them grow up?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is this a sarcastic thread?

Because a War on God would be impossible. In the end, you'd destroy existence and "God" would still be there anyway.

As for homosexuality.... it's harmless and gay people are just as wonderful (and I'm sure at tmes just as cruel) as any other "type" of person you could meet. What ever happened to the 90s, where homosexuality was actually becoming somewhat acceptable?

Why have we taken like several giant leaps backwards towards the dark ages? What next? Mentally and physically handicapped are God's Wrath? I'm sure they'd say yes.

Okay I understood what BigWhammy was trying to express with "symptoms of God's Wrath"... and who knows, maybe karma does have something to do with it.... BUT is it responsible for a person, in a time of such religious fervor, to be labeling a group who is already suffering with a handicap or struggling to be accepted and loved as they accept and love as "God's Wrath" ?

How about this? If God is wrathful towards our evil ways... how about.... we become more accepting towards everyone, and stop labeling people as "the result of wrath"? Just make everyone's stay here as comfortable as possible because as far as we are aware for the most part, we didn't choose to be born here. We shouldn't suffer for things that are not our fault. If anything, we should celebrate difference and support the strength it takes to be someone who is completely against the grain of what is "socially acceptable" because thepeople that suffer through being society's outcasts... the loneliness, the stress, the anxiety, just all these things that weigh down upon a person who's just trying to make it through life..... and then to have somebody coming along and disrespecting you just because that's God's wrath and that guy deserves what he gets... so let's make a sport of this person, let's harm this person, let's oppress this person, let's kill this person.

The IDIOCY!!!!

God is not vengeful. Most Christias have no true concept of what God is anyway. They read this book which is basically like a giant metaphor and not to be taken literally, and they literally interpret it as if God is some physical being watching down over us and smiting whoever doesn't agree with the authoritative norm of the time. Such a FICKLE GOD, huh? Sounds less like a God and more like a human hiding behind a three letter word.

If Christianity as a whole continues to degenerate into hate speech and judgment, I retract one of my previous threads "Apology to all Christians".
Not if this is the enduring attitude of this "faith".

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
are you sure want to declare war on god, or are you saying you want to declare war on people that say a man shouldn't stick his penis in another man? why take the easy way out? go attach all the heteros!!

this is so stupid, homosexuallity isn't a sin IMO. anymore than cutting someone off in traffic or pissing on public toilet seats. but it is stupid and it is failure. not any worse than any regular kind of stupidity or failure mind you, but it sure as hell isn't correct.

what will the gays do when the people who want to have sex with animals start gaining the forefront of the "accursed" people? what will you do when necrophiliacs start demanding their political rights? without all that attention put on you, you might start feeling like a man. oh my god let's not have that!

i've never known a gay guy that didn't like women, they're just afraid of them. and rightly so, women are mostly retarded, same as men.

if you wanna bonk each other up the backside then go right ahead, i don't care. don't expect me to feel sorry about your right to do so though!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's a sarcastic thread yes, but, why not declare war on god the entity as opposed to those that perpetrate hatred and/or intolerance in his name...

take the fight to the top, there's no point complaining to the sales assistant when you can talk to the manager...

There is a massive amount of tongue-in-cheek in my op and I'm cheered to see the responses, was expecting some kind of mega-flame-arama.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I didn't ask for the horrors, granted I am a "sinner" - I'm ok with that, I try to do more good than harm, but if that's not good enough...
I'm willing to make war on god, anyone else up for it?

Well if this thread lasts, get ready for the bible quotes because I already see a few for the OP.
And seriosly?
anyone up for it?
what are you trying to start a revolution against a belief?
because God is just a belief if you don't believe in God.
If you do (religious god), then it is a war with what you believe, i.e the bible.
the former all being tried, many times... and failed miserably each time.
and what are you preferring to as not good enough? doing good and still going to hell? doing good and still being accused of doing bad?
Its ok, Its hard to believe in a fair world, probably even harder to believe in just world, Im just saying the war against someones belief, is only going to impose that your belief is better and cause a real violent war

unless you were just letting off some steam then whatever

edit: the religious god

[edit on 27-11-2008 by juveous]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To do this he would have to exsist which is unlikely from a religious angle but if your talking about the geeser/s from another planet who genetically manufactured us then we wouldnt want to mess with them would we?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nope....

Two lines

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's a sarcastic thread yes, but, why not declare war on god the entity as opposed to those that perpetrate hatred and/or intolerance in his name...

take the fight to the top, there's no point complaining to the sales assistant when you can talk to the manager...

There is a massive amount of tongue-in-cheek in my op and I'm cheered to see the responses, was expecting some kind of mega-flame-arama.

Because maybe their not with god and by their own ignorance are siding with the wrong side.

I mean really, if Jesus, who is said to be the son of god, could take a so called prostitute under his wing and take her along for the trip then they themselves are slapping his beliefs and teachings in the face and in return slapping god in the face and have now become false prophets that are talked about and warned against in the bible.

Edit: And I should also add by declaring war on god you are actually then befriending the very people who have slapped god in the face. Quite an ingenious tactic to pull everyone to the wrong side if you ask me.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'll do it.

Somebody get me a pair on angel wings; I'm going up.

(I'll take care of Jesus once and for all, too.)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
To do this he would have to exsist which is unlikely\

What? Are you serious? So are you telling me that when I get my angel wings and fly up to Heaven you don't think He's actually going to be there?

Maybe we're just looking in the wrong place, because he was anticipating this (He is God, after all) and simply went into hiding. I need some maps of Heaven, I might even have to do some recon. We're going to really plan this out. I don't want to fly all the way up there and then be screwed.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok, staunch Atheist here... no belief in any deities or the validity of any religious systems. However, if the rapture were to occur, you know fire from the sky, day of judgement - all that sort of fun, then why not declare war on the party imposing it?

I've no problem per se with religious individuals, although the idiocy of gay-bashing, general blind-intolerance etc is currently getting on my breasts(!)... so yeah, I'd be up for making war on the holy ghost.

If there is an all powerful being, able to crush us for our sins, send us to hell, limbo, whatever and willing to do so for our "sins" - then what is there to lose anyway?

Yeah, to any prior posters, I am playing Devils advocate to a degree, this is just another side to the pro-christian side of things. Allegedly, god has given us free will, yet is willing to punish us for not being perfect and living up to his ideal, wow, pushy-parents.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
ok well it's sounding better now, what did you have in mind? impersonating letters claiming sacreligious dogma? live protest of teh pope? write a song, what?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ok, staunch Atheist here... no belief in any deities or the validity of any religious systems. However, if the rapture were to occur, you know fire from the sky, day of judgement - all that sort of fun, then why not declare war on the party imposing it?

I've no problem per se with religious individuals, although the idiocy of gay-bashing, general blind-intolerance etc is currently getting on my breasts(!)... so yeah, I'd be up for making war on the holy ghost.

If there is an all powerful being, able to crush us for our sins, send us to hell, limbo, whatever and willing to do so for our "sins" - then what is there to lose anyway?

Yeah, to any prior posters, I am playing Devils advocate to a degree, this is just another side to the pro-christian side of things. Allegedly, god has given us free will, yet is willing to punish us for not being perfect and living up to his ideal, wow, pushy-parents.

So by your analogy to put it in another setting, I have the right in the US to kill someone for no reason, but if I do I shouldn't be punished for it?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There is nothing to lose. On the contrary, you would gain the privilege of dying a very noble death. What can be more epic than facing the most absurdly impossible confrontation and giving it everything you've got even though you know you're going to die anyway?

So far the only being to ever have the guts to do that has been Satan, and at least God has kept him very much alive and powerful. Even God must have thought what Satan tried was epic and kind of rewarded him for it.

Now, I have found a map of Heaven. It is here: flyingfarther.files.wordpress.com...

Here is a small version:

As you can see, God is located on a stage next to America Land where he allows patrons of Heaven to sit on his lap. The America Land platform even gives an advantage for anyone trying to snipe God in that it's high off the ground, even higher than the stage God is sitting on.

Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nope, that's not what I was saying at all - what I very specifically mean is an actual war on god, the alleged entity "itself"... deicide, for want of a better term.

I'm talking hypothetically here, as I don't believe in the existence of any gods... I'm just talking of an idea, an "if" an idea that if there is a god, one that is visiting punishments upon humanity for our sins, then maybe that's not ok. It seems a double standard to give humankind free will and then punish for it's use.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Wow, been a long time since the op...

Cheers for the map... although I think I'd rather have "his" blood on my hands.

top topics

join