Man Goes to Jail for Puting a Sign in his Yard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
infowars.com...

im not gunna say much about the story. the only thing i have to say is that this is just another of the many reasons is why americans are loosing their rights...

im not happy...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hmm, I'd really like to see a source for that article. The style of writing and grammatical errors led me to question the authenticity of the article. And info for me?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He was putt in jail for using his constitutional right to free speech. And the sign only read "Our Court System Is a Joke".

God this country is going down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hmm, I'd really like to see a source for that article. The style of writing and grammatical errors led me to question the authenticity of the article. And info for me?

If you scroll down you will read the Associated Press report on the article.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
im not gunna say much about the story.

Do you ever?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This country was started for the sole purpose of allowing rights such as these. Now the government is slowly but surely nibbling away our rights.

This sucks.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
This country was started for the sole purpose of allowing rights such as these. Now the government is slowly but surely nibbling away our rights.

This sucks.

Its not nibbling any more its taking huge bites

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Our Court System Is a Joke"

Very true. So is the UK's

I wonder how long it is before we get jailed for saying things like that on the net.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Im gonna make a big bannersaying the same thing. They have no right to put you into jail for $hit like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
America Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Come on! The message was very subversive, he could be a potential terrorist.

Remember, you gave up those rights so you could find those nasty people hiding in the shadows. Live with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think this is hardly something to get worked up about.

a different take on the story

A custody case - go figure! - ended acrimoniously. The father who unsuccessfully sought custody of his daughters blamed Jackson County Circuit Judge Wallace Haralson for being unfair to him. So the man, Phillip Dean of Skyline, put some signs in his yard last August criticizing Haralson by name.

Haralson took offense. He, according to Dean, sent two deputies without warrants to the Dean property. The deputies pulled up the signs, Dean said, and took them to Haralson's courtroom. Dean was ruled in contempt of court and put in jail without bond. Sometime later, Haralson let Dean out. (Dean and Haralson give different versions of when that was and what led to it.)

source

Sounds like small town politics to me.

If, in fact, the sign did name the judge, that changes the the story a bit, don't you think?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
who cares they had no #ing warrants and thats illegal and they had no right to go on his property because it is his...

even if the sign said: # america and im a #ing terrorist

no matter what it says its free speech and they took that away...

another reason why america sukz...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

who cares they had no #ing warrants and thats illegal and they had no right to go on his property because it is his...

No one is making you stay here.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I fail to see how your take on things makes anything any different?

Let's take a look at some of the choice phrases here shall we?

so two deputies "without warrants" went onto his property and "pulled up the signs" against the owners will. Last time I checked this against the law (I thought so anyway, who knows anymore...).

Oh, so he was named in person? So you're coming from the libel side of things then? Ok fair enough, but that does not give special powers to police to go on someones property "without warrants" and remove objects from his property.

If this was libel then it would have to go through the courts to be deemed so, then something could be done about it if it was unlawful. End of story. The message here is pretty clear.

Oh, and your last comment to another member "No one is making you stay here." is a cowards answer, it's a way of not dealing with anything. No offense.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Like I said, this is small town politics. A petty personality conflict and nothing more. I think you are making way too much out of this.

I am not defending the Judge. In fact, it looks like there was some form of censure for his actions. But the point is that this kind of thing happens from time to time. It is in the nature of the beast. With freedom come responsibilities. Sometimes people fail to live up to those responsibilities. In that case, like here, the processes work to rectify the situation.

As to my comment to TSA, I am tired of his teenaged bellyaching. Rather than trying to learn how he can improve the situation, all he does is gripe about how he hates America.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I wonder how long it is before we get jailed for saying things like that on the net.
Those plans are on their way, I'm sure. Once it happens, websites will be forced to conform to the laws. Scary, but I think it will eventually become reality if nothing is done about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by Pisky
Those plans are on their way, I'm sure. Once it happens, websites will be forced to conform to the laws. Scary, but I think it will eventually become reality if nothing is done about it.

I don't think so.

But please feel free to back up your statement.

What do you mean by "Those plans are on their way, I'm sure." is this just a speculation on your part?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
What do you mean by "Those plans are on their way, I'm sure." is this just a speculation on your part?
Well, it is just kind of like an opinion, based on what I've read and gathered on the internet. I read that the CIA wanted to somehow control the internet in hopes of stopping or slowing down the proliferation of information exposing things what Governments really do. It is the idea that they want no expression whatsoever on the internet against Governments, silencing Government dissent is basically what it is, in the internet form. When I read that, I thought that this possibility is probably not far off in the CIA's minds, much the way the Government would like to tax every internet transmission.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

America does NOT suck! Who or what IS America anyway? Is it the government? NO! America is a nation of the people, and the government is supposed to serve the people. So just because the government has now failed us, WE do not suck. THEY DO! And we must fight to protect it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I hope that guy goes back and sues that judge and those deputies. I hope he presses charges too. If I were him, I would have went out and provoked the deputies to kick my ass. That way I could build my case against them more. As far as I know, the man could have killed those deputies and gotten away with. They were tresspassing and vandalizing, crimes everywhere else. I thought only senators and congressmen could get away with crimes legally and that's limited to misdemeanors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join