It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looping current through your head with a coat hanger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I found this out a long while ago, but figured I should share this here. This works if you're naturally relaxed or can get into a meditative state. (make sure you're alone, at first at least)

1. Get a copper coat hanger
2. Sit down (or stand up), relax yourself a little, and place the shoulder edge of the coat hanger near your "3rd eye", or between your eye brows. (an inch or so away)
3. You should feel a tingling sensation

The longer you keep it there, the more intense it gets. I think the effects are beneficial but I haven't scientifically tried it.

Once you feel the tingling sensation, you can move the hanger around your forehead and feel tingling on your forehead.

The tingling seems to be related to the sensation when you stick a 9 volt battery on your tongue (if you haven't, try it, but be careful, don't burn your tongue).

Now here's my question: Is the current flowing from my arm and crossing the gap and flowing into my head? I know electricity can be transferred at a distance. Can I power a small LED off of this current? Making a cute 3rd eye light?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a wire hanger near the space between my eyes you say....hmmm remind me not to try that when i am shaky or a little drunk...i might poke my eye out.

i was going to try it..but i can't find any wire hangers in my house..all we have are plastic hangers...next time i go to the dry cleaners, i'll be sure to try it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well.. Current=Voltage*Resistance...

So if you really want to see, get a Multimeter and read the voltage going through the hanger. Im not sure where this 'current' is coming from (ie: Voltage source)..

Im guessing it wont be powerful enough to light a LED though... need atleast a couple of volts there...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Calculon386- well, it's gotta be coming from me. Humans produce electricity. Not very much, but they do.

EDIT - can anyone else verify that this works?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ktp: What is the "should edge" of a wire hanger?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Shoulder edge. A coat hanger has, basically, three sides: the hanger part that goes on the closet rod, and the two shoulder edges that hold the shirt. I corrected my original post.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Shoulder edge. A coat hanger has, basically, three sides: the hanger part that goes on the closet rod, and the two shoulder edges that hold the shirt. I corrected my original post.

Cool, Im going to try it now...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Cool, Im going to try it now...

Be careful and dont do anything stupid

Let us know how it goes.

*some people will try anything*

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

*some people will try anything*

HEY, i tried it!

I found that it works better for me if i bend the hanger part straight and use that. It feels kind of like tingling pressure on my forehead.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thank God! I put my rep on the line. I knew there were enough "sensitive" people on ATS for this to work.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's awesome... you people must be doing something wrong if it doesn't work... it did for me.

RELAX

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Where can I find a copper coat hanger? Are normal coat hangers made from copper?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
Well.. Current=Voltage*Resistance...

So if you really want to see, get a Multimeter and read the voltage going through the hanger. Im not sure where this 'current' is coming from (ie: Voltage source)..

Im guessing it wont be powerful enough to light a LED though... need atleast a couple of volts there...

Nice use of Ohm's law...

You should use the multimeter on the two poles that you think are producing electricity....your hand and your head. The wire may have too much impedence to get a good enough read. Wire hangers are of a quite a large gauge if you using it for only small Voltages.

You don't need a large amount of volts to light an LED. If you are using Silicon or Germanium, they cutoff and light at .7 and .3 volts.

It's not crossing a gap...it is not capacitance at work here. It is nothing more than following the path of a circuit. The wire conducts electricity. Besides, you would need a damn large volts supply to make it cross a gap at about a foot apart.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
kinglizard- I think any brown coat hanger that looks like its made from metal is copper. I could be wrong, but those dark brown metal coat hangers do the trick.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Also, are you sure you aren't getting the tingling from cutting off the capillaries in your forehead....(like your foot falling asleep). That could be reason other than electricity...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Of course not. The coat hanger is never in contact with your head. That's silly. You're supposed to place it several inches away from your forehead.

I'm begining to wonder if current from my head, flowing through the coat hanger, is interfering with the magnetic field around my body. This all sounds crazy, but all the parts are true: We have magnetic feilds around our bodies, the human body does conduct electricity, and electricity can affect magnetics.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It could be because humans have a small magnet in their brain. Animals have these magnets, too, theyre for direction. Ever wonder how birds always fly north?

Anyways, humans have these too, but theyre too small to do anything significant. Maybe they do, however, respond to a copper coat hanger.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder if somethign can be done to enhance the depth and range of this magnetic area. If it's sensitive to nearby copper, there should be a way to enlarge it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Iv'e always been able to do this, but try it with a metal spoon........ move it back and forth by your third eye till you get a tingling sensation.... and a couple mintues after that you can do it with anything...... now weather I start with something metal or not, I can always sense something there. That also reminds me of the same type of thing with my hands.... I i first noticed it while eating penuts, I would use both my hands (mainly my 2 index fingers and thumbs) to pick off the shell and after awhile I would have to stop cause my fingers would get tingly every time I would put them close to each other.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Very cool. Yeah this can be done with your fingers as well, but you have to be a bit more relaxed. I suspect that if you work yourself so that you can do it anytime, anyway, you can become a conduit of energy. This all sounds crazy as hell, but you can train yourself to get that energy electric sensation.

I'm just trying to think what it would be useful for, aside from feeling alive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join