It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving in space: stiff turkey, bland yams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thanksgiving in space: stiff turkey, bland yams

www.physorg.com

A week before Thanksgiving, NASA gave reporters a taste-test of the astronauts' holiday dinner. The smoked turkey was slightly stiffer than deli meat, like after it has been left in the refrigerator a week past its expiration date. The candied yams had a syrupy sweetness outside that dissolved into blandness in the middle. The green beans with mushrooms tasted like they have been frozen and then microwaved to an inch of their life.

The saving grace was a sublime cranapple dessert. There was a tartness to the apples and sweetness to the cranberries mixed with pecans and syrup in a dish that resembles cobbler filling.

NASA takes special pride in desserts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You have to admire the patriotism of Endeavor Commander Christopher Ferguson when he says:

"It may be called space food, but it's actually, it's very good," Ferguson said, noting that many of the meals come from the military. "I'm from the Navy, and I like Navy food and I enjoy space food as well."

He added: "We'll have a true Thanksgiving feast.'

And why only 6 meals for 10 people?

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The view alone would be worth the lousy food.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and I hope everyone, everywhere else has a great day as well.

The turkey is almost done and I'm starved

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Heck I would eat rotten cornflakes for a month to be aboard

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

MMMMM... Turkey aaaarrrrggggghhhh

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Of course you're right. Apparently the pictures we see of space have been edited. I'd love to see what we're missing out on.

top topics

join