It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Can Answer This!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
After 9-11 I saw the heightened alerts and added security from opening a new bank account (The Patriot Act) to walking on an airplane. Things are very tight! Phones are tapped, e-mail is screened, and things we DO NOT know about...

Why is it then, with this incredible security, the WAR ON DRUGS seems to be status quo? It would seem really logical the ATF, police, FBI, CIA, etc.... would be catching a LOT of drug smugglers. I read the papers and watch the news often. I haven't seen a whole lot of new drug busts in the wake of this new security.

I called The Boston Globe and REUTERS. Both were impressed and said they'd look in to it. No one ever got back to me!

I called a radio talk show and was cut off!

Seems REALLY odd!

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A poster I miss dearly at times had this to say on the subject a while back...

Originally posted by PuPP
I cannot find a weblink to back up my statement completely. It seems there are many conflicting UN reports.

"About 3,400 tons of opium were produced in Afghanistan in 2002, making Afghanistan again the largest opium producer in the world"

www.atimes.com...

"As a result of the ban, areas of Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban produced a few hundred tons of opium, compared with 3,200 tons produced last year and 4,500 tons the year before"

opioids.com...

"An October United Nations report confirmed that the Taliban successfully eliminated opium production in Afghanistan with a ban in 2000 that was almost universally enforced. The feat was enormous: Before the ban, Afghanistan supplied 90 percent of Europe�s heroin"

www.finalcall.com...

Note: Now do you wonder why the taliban was targeted?

Given that I can't get in my own country with nail clippers in my bag, I'm literally amazed how TONS and TONS of HEROIN make it from an OCCUPIED country (Afghanistan) to American streets on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TypeT
After 9-11 I saw the heightened alerts and added security from opening a new bank account (The Patriot Act) to walking on an airplane. Things are very tight! Phones are tapped, e-mail is screened, and things we DO NOT know about...

Why is it then, with this incredible security, the WAR ON DRUGS seems to be status quo? It would seem really logical the ATF, police, FBI, CIA, etc.... would be catching a LOT of drug smugglers. I read the papers and watch the news often. I haven't seen a whole lot of new drug busts in the wake of this new security.

I called The Boston Globe and REUTERS. Both were impressed and said they'd look in to it. No one ever got back to me!

Unfortunately you are wrong. And I don't usually call that out-right. USA Today reported just yesterday (Wednesday April 1st) that the DEA made some spectacular Extasy drug bust, where they claimed to have arrested approximately 150 people and over a million pills-- they say this accounted for 15% of the Extasy drug trade in the U.S.

Now, perhaps this is a pre-emptive strike, in order to divert any possible attention brought to the lack of drug arrests-- maybe 'they' were listening to the radio show you called?

It is indeed dubious. As are many things occuring these days.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Cappa, you're right in that we really are cracking down on the home growns, or rather biker lab drugs such as Ecstasy or Meth... and Crack, but not Cocaine...

but think about it...

How is Heroin getting here from Afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BTW - There has been a long-standing rumor that The Bush's made their secret millions by smuggling Coke -n- Dope into the U.S. bypassing Customs with off-shore drilling compounds. Perhaps the main reason that all of these no-bid contracts are given to companies like Haliburton and such are truly for the purposes not just for the public money, but for smuggling drugs leading to the ka-billions (yea i made that word up) of secret money for the black projects and whatever the hell else.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's just a "hunch" but there is relitively little being done. You'd think we'd hear daily MAJOR busts! We do know the CIA sponsored a LOT through Viet Nam using heroin = $$$$

Originally posted by Cappa
BTW - There has been a long-standing rumor that The Bush's made their secret millions by smuggling Coke -n- Dope into the U.S. bypassing Customs with off-shore drilling compounds. Perhaps the main reason that all of these no-bid contracts are given to companies like Haliburton and such are truly for the purposes not just for the public money, but for smuggling drugs leading to the ka-billions (yea i made that word up) of secret money for the black projects and whatever the hell else.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cuz: Please be real - "USA Today: Yesterday"? What about the past 25+ months? One "Extasy bust" doesn't tell me anything other than someone got lucky for once!

Originally posted by Cappa

Originally posted by TypeT

Unfortunately you are wrong. And I don't usually call that out-right. USA Today reported just yesterday (Wednesday April 1st) that the DEA made some spectacular Extasy drug bust, where they claimed to have arrested approximately 150 people and over a million pills-- they say this accounted for 15% of the Extasy drug trade in the U.S.

Now, perhaps this is a pre-emptive strike, in order to divert any possible attention brought to the lack of drug arrests-- maybe 'they' were listening to the radio show you called?

It is indeed dubious. As are many things occuring these days.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
just because it's not making national and world news doesn't mean it's not happening.

Locally, I see news reports of all sorts, from extremely large busts to minor ones.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This site here shows drug seizures were down in 2002.

www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov...

105,885 KG of Cocaine Seized in 2001
60,874 KG of Cocaine seized in 2002

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ive heard rumors that drugs are a form of population control. if the human population gets to high, then where will the resources go? but ive always thought that aids and malaria were greater population control deseases than drugs.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
doesn't make sense though, drugs take too long to kill people, and the medical cost in treating addicts can get pretty high. It wouldn't be worth it.

To the original comment, you make an interesting point, but from my understanding the Patriot act really only applies to terrorism. if so then nothing should really change except perhaps a decrease in the amount of drugs comming into the u.s because of tighter security. And actualy i think many of the recsources in the FBI, CIA that were used in drug busting, have been shifted to anti-terrorism, which might explain whats going on. The war on drugs is just not a priority anymore for the government, terrorism is.

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aggroskater
ive heard rumors that drugs are a form of population control. if the human population gets to high, then where will the resources go? but ive always thought that aids and malaria were greater population control deseases than drugs.

I must agree there surely must be some sort of conspiracy..... or the government are being paid by the drug industry to let trafficing happen so that the "trafficers" can get money as well as the govt..... the income from drugs that the gov't get must be larger than that spent on rehab clinics...

Airport security is tighter but drugs are still getting thru....

If the gov't dosnt get paid enough or not at all then they bust them .... or just every once in a while (usually small scale) to keep the people happy.

or of course it could all just be that we arent hearing about any of it

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
here is a simple answer

THE WORLD ECONOMY IS RELIANT ON THE DRUG TRADE

without it the world economy would collapse. so obviously they are never going to stop it. drug dealing and crimes associated to drug dealing effects everyone on the planet, whether they like it or not. just sit down and think about what the drug trade gives this civilisation that we have.

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
here is a simple answer

THE WORLD ECONOMY IS RELIANT ON THE DRUG TRADE

without it the world economy would collapse. so obviously they are never going to stop it. drug dealing and crimes associated to drug dealing effects everyone on the planet, whether they like it or not. just sit down and think about what the drug trade gives this civilisation that we have.

can u give any examples?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i do not have exact figures and letters, but the simplist part has to do with the complex money laundering operation that comes out of it.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEXone
doesn't make sense though, drugs take too long to kill people, and the medical cost in treating addicts can get pretty high. It wouldn't be worth it.

While it's true that drugs would take a while to kill people off-- it is also true that the overall destruction of the community that drugs cause is long-lasting and, once it begins killing, those that are hooked might as well be dead.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
aldous huxley almost got it right in 'brave new world', but farseeing as he was he could not have envisioned the depths of political and corporate perversion to which our society would stoop.
call them 'they' or the new world order or whatever you wish, the fact remains that beyond what may be written off as paranoia - they exist, and control our every move - including what are laughingly called illicit drugs. air america admitted before the frank church commission that they were actively involved in the importation of heroin from the golden triangle in the 70's, the fbi formed an alliance with luciano in wwII that allowed him to import heroin in exchange for help in keeping the docks moving - apathy and the aging process are the means relied upon by the nwo to get away with this crap, that and the fact that there is no effective way to stand against them.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
should mention that air america is a wholly owned proprietary company of the cia - public information act revealed this in 1972

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bucephalus
apathy and the aging process are the means relied upon by the nwo to get away with this crap, that and the fact that there is no effective way to stand against them.
Definitely, that is why they are called the elite manipulators. It is a drug cartel controlled by the CIA, and there is no way to stop them unless somebody wants to end up dead.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yup, its the same people. International bankers, Multinational corporations, politicians, military and intelligence chiefs, all the usual suspects.

If you tried to start up a rival drug syndicate the big boys would close you down in five minutes. You will find the drug busts are against the bikers and the street gangs, and end users.

The big international guys that import the stuff get rich and stay free. It has always been that way, and it always remain that way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join