It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1:11 or 11:11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey.

wierd things happening to me.

EVERY DAY i look at the clock, and its 1:11 or 11:11
its got to the stage that it happens that much, i can tell my family.

have i somehow programmes my mind to look at a clock at these times, if not, what is the reasons.

am i being stupid ?
is there anything in it ?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Shauny

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
or maybe you look at the clock alot of times and only when you see these numbers you remind yourself and go ohhh there that number again...it happens to me alot,but only now because i know about the 11:11 thing...it would just be the time if i didnt know about it...like 12:03...etc

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i used to see it alot even before i came to ATS and learned that more people do but i persoponally think its a warning of something maybe like an alarm or our spirit guides trying to tell us to remember something.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It happens to me a lot also
I wake up at 6:15 AM every morning like clock work.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
if u keep looking a little longer it'll change to 12 WHOA!! if it scares you get an analogue clock or something.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Those digits have a particular significance. Please just google it and you will find a plethora of info. Crystalinks is a good site for basic info. Keep looking. People blog about it all the time. More and more people are seeing it.

I've seen it for a few years already but 12:34 has been my number for over twenty years now. Still have no idea what that is about though. heh

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
or maybe you look at the clock alot of times and only when you see these numbers you remind yourself and go ohhh there that number again...it happens to me alot,but only now because i know about the 11:11 thing...it would just be the time if i didnt know about it...like 12:03...etc

This is the most likely scenario, I'd agree. Also, the human mind has an internal "clock" that many people are able to, in essence, activate and use. This is not usually due to deliberate effort. The mind seems to become programmed through repetition to wake up at a specific time, but a single instance of intent also works for a lot of people. A common example of this is waking up mere seconds before your alarm goes off every morning (I have a few friends who do so). I'm not sure if science has figured out how the brain is able to know the time without seeing a clock, but it would seem to be an ability to sense the amount of time that has passed between any given points in the day. This ability would become programmed into the brain, which would then wake you after the appropriate amount of time has passed.

This could be why you continually notice the time of 11:11 and 1:11--your mind may have trained itself to look toward the clock at a specific time of the day (i.e., 11:11 and 1:11). Solomons suggestion is more likely, but this is a good possibility.

Edit to add: here is a link providing a speculative explanation for the phenomenon I described above: findarticles.com...

[edit on 27/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
my number is 22:22

I see it when I have been following the correct path for the day and been curteous

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I catch myself looking at the clock alot at 9:11.... It's weird but i know that i look at the clock numerous times throughout the day and as one poster already said, you notice that number more than others.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
try to look at it hwen it is not 1:11 or 11:11. but check if it works before

and seriously I wouldn't worry about it.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by czacza]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
ExistenceUnknown, I also experience 9:11 'clock-watch' if you will, both in the morning and evening but not everyday I might add.

Naturally the significance of the number to me bears thought to the event 9/11 and I haven't ruled out that I might be indirectly associating the importance of said numbers when seeing that time, but I still catch myself looking at a clock when time indicates 9:11 or 21:11.

Unique? Perhaps, but there are other numbers of relevance which I haven't yet conceded as being anything significant. It's a strange one.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I heard something about if you see 11 alot it means your guardian angels are trying to get your attention or something. I dunno if its legit, I heard it on tv one time. Im not very good at stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

holy crap holy crap holy crap my number is 1234 as well. holy crap. i was just gonna say "it's no big deal i have that with 1234 all the time", then your post was the next one.......speechless.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Same here, I think maybe it's just our body clock just homing in on those numbers........Mine use to be 6:11. As long as I don't see 6:66 I guess I'll be fine...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've had 11:11 a few times... When I look at it I kinda smirk to myself and think... "OK Universe I get the point , whaddaya want?" My number is 2:22 though... I got it 3 times last week alone so I'm trying to be a little more cognizant of whats going on so I don't filter out any other synchronicities. Hopefully I'm getting the work done that I'm supposed to.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Hey.

wierd things happening to me.

EVERY DAY i look at the clock, and its 1:11 or 11:11
its got to the stage that it happens that much, i can tell my family.

have i somehow programmes my mind to look at a clock at these times, if not, what is the reasons.

am i being stupid ?
is there anything in it ?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Shauny

You probably only notice when times are weird. Otherwise you probably wouldn't take note of it being 4:00PM or 3:15AM.

4:20 seems to be the time I look at the clock every-time. I also however have an internal clock where I can tell you right now its 1:30AM without looking at the clock. I think it's because my brain is a little "special" with ADHD and sometimes it's so specific I think I'm partially autistic.

Possibly you are programming yourself to look at the clock at these times.

It is also possible that all this 9/11 talk and conspiracy talk on the threads has you tweakin throughout the day. Might wanna ease off the caffeine and start drinking decaf.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Maybe you are Ashton Kutcher in some latest film about wanting a girl so badly you died 11,000 times or something. Come to think of it, he only does the romance-comedy or the romance thriller...except for that sappy one with Kevin Costner (I blank thee TNT for making me know thy!).

Seriously, snarkyness aside. If you are doing this, you may just be attuning to a hole new level of awareness...of the train-wreck straight-away what is in store for all of us.

Thanks for the heads-up, or should I say, the heads-away.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have seen a few threads on 11:11 before and I have also seen a movie at the video rental store named 11:11 - Hells gate here is the link to the movie:

www.imdb.com...

Maybe the writer had the same experience?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
my numbers are
12:34
1:11
11:11
2:22
3:33

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

It is just like programming your brain to wake you up at a certain time (for work etc). You become your own alarm clock and start automatically waking up at the time designated. You are doing the same thing with the times of 11:11 and 1:11, causing you to check the clocks at that time. We all have biological clocks, and have used them since the dawn of time. It is an interesting phenomena, but I would not call it paranormal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join