I, too, have been involved in this discussion since the beginning.
I have some real issues with Polarik's tape.
1. Polarik "came across" the idea that the certificate might be fake while reading World Net Daily... This indicates his political position. It's
not proof of anything, but it tells me he's probably got an agenda.
2. We have all enlarged the text and it looks NOTHING like his "BIRT" example. I believe he fabricated that text.
Pictures in this thread
3. He makes MANY assumptions, states them as facts and expects us to believe them. Examples: A different border is used for each year. (Where does
this information come from?) and several times, he says, "that can only mean"... Sorry, that may work in some cases, but he's made assumptions and
turned them into "facts" by preceding them with "that can only mean".
4. Saying that "the border doesn't share the same level of detail" means that it was added at a later time is another such assumption. It might
mean that the border is meant to be softer. It might mean that it's a low-quality jpeg image. It might mean that the scanner used was old and needed
5. He uses "The Missing Seal" as one of his points. The seal was clearly not missing. People using filtering software "found" it.
6. When he talks about only one fold, the picture on the video quickly zooms upward so that the bottom fold cannot be seen. By the time the top
fold is visible, the area where the bottom fold would be is out of frame...
7. At one point, Polarik says, "I was just convinced that it was not Barack Obama's certificate."
8. He says it's easy to take several documents and make them appear to be one... Okay, that's easy. But he doesn't show us how that's been done
here. He just assumes the least likely possibility.
9. Polarik claims that Factcheck's seal and stamp are from a 2008 certificate. He glosses over this. He doesn't show us the pictures and compare
them with Obama's certificate. As I look at the pictures, I see exactly the same certificate as the original posted on dailykos. He doesn't say how
he knows Obama colluded with Factcheck. Again, he just states it as fact.
10. The last link in my post has some very interesting and convincing evidence that the fraud here is, indeed, "Dr." Ron Polarik.
How NOT to do Image Analysis
First, the highest copy quality of the COLB contains no instances of the word "BIRTH" that looks like this. Every instance has that green thatched
background around the letters. In fact, the green thatched background is visible in every copy of the COLB. Thus, Polarik has tampered with the data
in order to remove the green thatched background.
[edit on 27-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]