It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popularity of Conspiracy Theorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Is it just me or has the phenominom of Conspiracy Theories gone crazy recently.

I am noticing so many people talking about 9/11, iraq war, global warming, aliens and all mannor of topics as discussed here. There are countless websites devoted to the subject, news stories and a host of documentaries on discover/history channels all of a sudden.

There are even a couple of episodes of believe it or not SCRUBS discussing the 'inconvenient truth' and various other 'controversial' matters.

Is this a coincidence that I am notiving this or is there a power of equal influence to, for want of a better word, the illuminiati (or whoever they are) whos goal is to enlighten the rest of the world about what is going on? or are people just getting tired of the supossed deception and starting to read between the lines?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Interesting.

I don't think that secret societies are the sole movers and shakers in the world. I believe people conspire out of curiosity a lot of times as well, without truly believing what they say.

The "what if" factor is too compelling and sadistically fascinating to cast aside most of the time (End of the world anyone?). Furthermore, I find that the real sheep nowadays are not those who are oblivious to the shadowy workings of the gears of power, but those who fall prey to the vast and often indiscernible amount of disinformation around. Which in mind, despite noble intentions, is prompting attention seeking businesses such as the media to inflate and cheapen what were once important questions.

Also consider the shear amount of fodder conspiracy theorists such as ourselves have to work with. Wars, presidential elections, global warming, economic crunch and many other facts. Aided by the boom of internet reach ability, which is steadily making its way across the world. And we have quite an impact.

A bit of everything perhaps!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That is an interesting point of view.
Admittedly the last sentence of my diclaimer below was a factor when I penned this but for those of a certain mindset would suggest that it is in fact those responsible for the conspiracies that are responsible for the sudden popularity of same. Mostly for the purpose of flooding our minds with, as you said, disinfo...
It could do your head in if you think too hard on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I agree to a certain point with you that the illuminati might be behind the sudden explosion of conspiracy theory websites and documentaries and such. But having said that, I would also like to point out that we on our side have also engaged in conspiracy to get our points across at times as well. It's just that we on our side up until recently haven't had the resources that the illuminati and the powers that be have had for all these hundreds of years. But the "playing field" has been leveled somewhat by the internet and some of it's components like MySpace and YouTube. Therfor, we have caught up somewhat in the resources department. That is why you see the powers that be coming up with more disinformation and attempts to entrap those with whom they disagree. The powers that be are doing this to try to retain control of everything.

new topics

top topics

join