It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda's Goal: Cripple Amtrak's N'east Corridor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Al Qaeda's Goal: Cripple Amtrak's N'east Corridor

wcbstv.com

"The threat is serious, the threat is significant, and it is plausible," said Congressman Peter King, R-Long Island, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Man . . . we all heard the rhetoric during the election campaign both with respect to there being a perceived weakness between administrations, to test the strength of President Elect Obama, and the usual conspiracy train of thought that an 'inside' job might be at hand for Bush to somehow retain power . . .

What does everyone think . . . is this more rhetoric, is it fear mongering to get our attention off of the world's economic ills or is this a real threat?

IN that same vein, will any of you change your Thanksgiving Holiday plans because of this?

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I am of the opinion these bozos just sit around dreaming up threats all day long and putting out warnings like this to simply justify their own existence, high salaries and departmental funding.

They'll dream up a threat even without any credible evidence that such a threat exists, otherwise they'd have to get a proper job and work for a living.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't call this fear mongering. All it takes is the detection of an increase in chatter on line or perhaps a tip from an informant to increase the level of security or awareness. The timing of the warning and the attacks in India is a bit strange. Perhaps the detected threats were generic in regards to specific locations. The attackers in INdia were targeting Westerners. Who knows? Better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I certainly wouldn't call this fear mongering. All it takes is the detection of an increase in chatter on line or perhaps a tip from an informant to increase the level of security or awareness. The timing of the warning and the attacks in India is a bit strange. Perhaps the detected threats were generic in regards to specific locations. The attackers in INdia were targeting Westerners. Who knows? Better safe than sorry.

People in Homeland Security / Government positions have been warning us all of imminent doom for years and nothing has happened. Terrorism is BIG business these days and anything related to terrorism gets funding.
I have noticed, in the last couple of years especially, many of the seminars for security professionals are geared towards terrorism, even though the likelihood of any of the corporate attendees ever having to deal with a terrorist attack are negligible. But, as I stated, it gets the funding and is the current favourite topic and another training certificate to go on the wall.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I would imagine that this has little to do with distraction from economic ills, as you say.

I believe this is a little tactical fear-mongering to try and bring back a bit more subservience to the public. "The evil Al Qaeda is up to something, I best put more support behind the military."

In fact if this is a distraction from something, I'd say that it's a distraction from the weakening of the US military.

They'll dream up a threat even without any credible evidence that such a threat exists, otherwise they'd have to get a proper job and work for a living.

[edit on 27/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I say let the funding continue. We are living in a different time now and the apparent threats are no longer as clear as day. We are confronted by a potential enemy with many different faces who will use any tactic necessary to execute a threat. This web site alone should provide plenty of fuel to stoke the terrorist fire. The terrorists have certainly succeeded in making people paranoid.

If we weren't prepared for these potential threats, we would face a never ending criticism. We are entering a volatile political transition in the US and everyone is watching and waiting.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We are paranoid about these threats yet they aren't well prevented are they?

"No one could have envisioned aeroplanes used as missiles." - they said. "--Yea, except maybe every body!"

[edit on 27/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Who would benefit if Amtrak's N'east Corridor was crippled?

Surely folk here haven't forgotten that Al Qaeda is a boogey-man created by the CIA to scare the kiddies back into line?

Osama was ill with kidney disease and died not long after 9-11, a hero in the Islamic world as many believed he was responsible for the attacks. That was a little favour Bush senior organised for Binny's dad, a long time business partner of the Bushes.

Crippling Amtrak is not going to benefit anyone in the Arab or Persian world. And despite the propaganda we're fed, Arabs are not a bunch of stupid towel heads who hate us for our freedoms.

However there is one little doggy-tail in the Middle East who wants to wag the dog once more. Remember Benjamin Netenyahu's statement immediately after 9/11 saying the attack was very good for Israel?
He reiterated that just 6 months back, addressing a conference at Bar-Ilan University.

"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor."

The puppet-masters controlling Israel have been trying for several years now to coax America into benefiting them even further by acting out McCain's favourite lullaby, "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran". Bush and Cheney, wanting oil and the oil pipeline, would love to help Israel out, but Russia already has a vested interest in Iran, and attacking it could well start not only the war to end all wars, but the war to end all humanity.

Why America wants to attack Iran

Russia’s military chief of staff General Yuri Baluyevsky threatened the use of nuclear weapons in case of a major threat. He said that, although they have no plans of attacking anyone, they nevertheless “consider it necessary for everyone around the world community to clearly understand, that to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia and its allies, military forces will be used, including, preventively, the use of nuclear weapons.”

Having access to spacious underground cities carved out for the elite, Bush and Cheney are undeterred, however a bunch of real patriots, top generals in the military, have stymied these plans, announcing they would resign rather than commit America's suicide in that way.

So now Mossad/JDL, the masters of false-flag terrorism, are working out which of their eggs, carefully incubated for this contingency, they will hatch in order to prove to the world that Iran is a terrorist nation which needs to be attacked now.

I believe the multitudes of warnings we have had lately have all been warnings of these preplanned Mossad attacks.

If they do cripple Amtrak, Americans pushed into a corner are tough, resourceful and energetic. You guys would have it up and running again so fast Mossad would be sorry they'd bothered.

Remember, far more people are killed on the road each year than any terrorist or false-flag attack can kill. Yet few people live in constant fear of a car crash. Terror only works it you agree to be terrified.

[edit on 27/11/08 by Kailassa]

join