It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Mentality in Fallujah: Does it Happen Here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Yeah, I hate people who *need* attention so badly that they go to such extremes. Couldnt she just cut her wrists and sleep in a bathtub full of bleach? Or even easier, fall asleep with the AC/heat on in your car.

LMAO!! That is so so wrong.

Yeah, so wrong its right.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
And white people in the south used to hang black people from trees just for being black.

Damn right they did, brother.

Here's a look at the postcards used as souvenirs after the lynchings. Warning-Do not look if you have a weak stomach.
Lynchings during the last American century.

Photo 22 in the above link shows a charred corpse of Jesse Washington with the following statement written on the back, "This is the Barbecue we had last night my picture is to the left with a cross over it your son, Joe."

The past is valid when discussing the present, because it's important to notice that we, as Americans, were able to overcome blatant expression of hatred just within the last century. I, for one, am happy to know that change is possible!

Patience is a virtue.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
The past is valid when discussing the present, because it's important to notice that we, as Americans, were able to overcome blatant expression of hatred just within the last century. I, for one, am happy to know that change is possible!

Patience is a virtue.

Thats why I find it funny to see people who are shocked about what happened in Iraq and call them savages when we have just as bad a history being "savages"

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thats why I find it funny to see people who are shocked about what happened in Iraq and call them savages when we have just as bad a history being "savages"

Thank you Ocelot. That was exactly the point of this thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
While you bring up the south and white america as an example, the LA riots come to mind and the beating of Reginald Denny (sp). See, difference between him and Rodney King was he was doing a job at the time he was smashed in the head with a large heavy object and beat down for JUST BEING WHITE. Rodney King was high on PCP and endangering the safery of the general public. IMO although a bit excessive, he got what he deserved. Anyway thats another topic. Looting of stores, arson, assult, ect.....most of the victims were the local Asian store owners and people that were unlucky enough to be passing throu the "hood".

I just figured since we were on the topic of EVIL BAD AMERICA I'd help us remember the things that your type like to leave out. Like this:
Graphic pic! WARNING SAVAGES!
www.betar.co.uk...

Now, if you really want to get technical, here is the definition from dictionary.com

sav�age ( P ) Pronunciation Key (svj)
adj.
Not domesticated or cultivated; wild: savage beasts of the jungle.
Not civilized; barbaric: a savage people.
Ferocious; fierce: in a savage temper.
Vicious or merciless; brutal: a savage attack on a political rival. See Synonyms at cruel.
Lacking polish or manners; rude.

Welp, guess that sums up most the population of the world. The question is who is worse? Lets see, using your examples you have a liar claming she was trampled by a WallMart mob. Seems that all the WalMarts I've been in or any store for that matter it's always the Arab crowd haggling over prices and emptying the shelves when there is a sale. They act like animals to get a few dollars off something. Call it generalization, I dont care, we all know it's true.
I'm in no way implying that this is all of any group being labled.

Your bridge example is weak at best. It would have been savage for someone to have actually pushed her off or thrown heavy objects at her head or burned her to death and hung her from the bridge. It was stupid on her part to decide to do this the way she did. What did she think people were gonna all gather around her in a big prayer circle and talk her out of it? She knew she was gonna piss someone off.

The lynching of blacks in the south was wrong as is the lynching of whites by mobs of blacks in the inner cities. Thing is I've seen it happen to whites with my own eyes and have been on the reciving end of an uncalled for "jumping" by a gang of blacks back in school.
Once again another topic.....

So your whole point to this is that you want to tell us that we (Americans) are also savage?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
So your whole point to this is that you want to tell us that we (Americans) are also savage?

I think that was the point of the whole thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Whoever in the world resorts to burning, hanging and cutting bodies up should be dealt with. This is why in america when someone does this is incarcerated and either executed or imprisonned for life.

Whoever in the world does this, is showing how barbaric they are, letting the worse part of them take control and commit murder and dispicable actions against others.

I condone when people do things like what happened to that woman that was thinking on committing suicide.
It was wrong for them to do that, but none of them actually made her commit suicide, or burnt her.

When people start saying that America is the worse country in the world, or that it is the devil or some other stupid comment, all i have to think is of what happens in other countries.

Every country in the world, have groups of people that don't care about the wellbeing of others, and would commit the worse violent acts towards others.

America is not the number one place where things like this happen. But in America the media is the one to blame for people in other countries thinking this is what happens all the time.

Most countries in the world do not show this on their news, and their people do worse things that happen in the US.

I think it was in 1987 when the Spaniard government found hundreds of syringes buried on some of their beaches which were infected with HIV. I was there when i saw this on the news.

They were buried with the neddles pointing up, but were concealed with the sand, so anyone stepping on one would be infected with HIV.

They showed it once and that was the end, they did not say if they caught the people responsible and there was no follow up on this.

This is what happens normally in Europe. If you see someone in the States commit violent acts, you will see soon after that most of the nation is against these acts and things are done to apprehend these people.

When it happens in other parts of the world, like Palestine, or Hallujah, nothing is done about it and even their leaders congratulate their people for doing these acts.

Whoever says that America is the worse country in the world, and is living in America, should leave the country and spend sometime in places like the middle east.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Whoever says that America is the worse country in the world, and is living in America, should leave the country and spend sometime in places like the middle east.

I dont think anyone in this thread said the United States is the "worst" country in the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
***Mob Mentality in Fallujah: Does it Happen Here?

With the recent massacre of four Americans in Fallujah, I think it is important to look at different examples of mob mentality in our own culture. By doing such we may get a better understanding of the situation and not so easily dismiss others as 'savages'. Or we may recognize the savage nature that is inherent in humanity, across the board. Yes, even in America. ****

Even if that report was true that people trampled this woman and knocked her out, is in no way similar to what happened in Hallujah (sp?)

If something happens in the States as it happened inHallujah and other parts of the world, those people are apprehended and dealt with. In Fellujah and others places like it, their leaders applaud such actions.

My response was also to those people that would start saying that America is the devil and the worse place in the world, as can be seen in other posts, with a similar topic as this one.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Muad'dib, look at the race riots in Los Angeles. It was rare for people to be caught during the looting, much less for the horrible atrocities captured on film.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes, something like that can happen, but you can be sure that if pepple burn and cut the bodies of others in the US, the law will go after those people, but in otehr parts of the world this behaviour is applauded.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Apparently, according to genjagoddess, this is acceptable behavior and we should all just pray for them.

With that said, I guess we're heading toward this happening anywhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yes, something like that can happen, but you can be sure that if pepple burn and cut the bodies of others in the US, the law will go after those people, but in otehr parts of the world this behaviour is applauded.

Watch the damn tapes, boy. Those people cheer jsut as loud as as long when they crack that poor woman's skull. And they keep pounding away...The differences are minimal.

DE

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join