It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I want proof... The Targeting of Westerners? (India Terrorist attacks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This event is becoming more focused on American and Europe than it is on India. India is going to suffer, but the Mainstream Media is throwing it in our face that this is attack on the Western World.

Now I want the proof.

I'm part of the crowd that says... "SHOW ME PROOF!!! That theese guys were after Americans and Europeans"

India is the one suffering right now, not Americans, and not Europeans.

So lets keep an eye out for the mainstream media to spin this into Al Queda is after us in foreign countries...

They will spin the story...

I've said it three times... Let it sink in. Do you trust the Mainstream Media?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It isn't just the mainstream media spinning this story.

I just watched the news and a guy who was there said that the terrorists were asking for people with British or American passports.

But I guess an eyewitness/victim who was there and heard it, doesn't count??

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
the proof will never be found

only media spin that will mold public opinion to suit "their"
agenda.

its a sick game "they" play

the lowest of society run the world.
run it into the ground that is.

there seems to be no defense against this MONSTER
we are beyond "Dummed Down"

We are down right chicken ... bak bak bak

a bunch of comfortable sheep....

hear that people... your chicken.....
hate to admit it.... but I think we are truly screwed.
bak bak bak

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It would be beneficial for you to remember that the group responsible does not have to be named "Al Qaeda" to be part of the same system. From what I heard on NPR earlier, the group claiming responsibilty was a group that had thus far been unheard of. To me it is more important to look at the motivations and possible reasons behind such an atrocity before looking at the media proclaimed masterminds.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by quetzalcoatl13
It would be beneficial for you to remember that the group responsible does not have to be named "Al Qaeda" to be part of the same system. From what I heard on NPR earlier, the group claiming responsibilty was a group that had thus far been unheard of. To me it is more important to look at the motivations and possible reasons behind such an atrocity before looking at the media proclaimed masterminds.

How may times will the Mainstream Media mention "Al Qaeda" the next few days regaring this event in India?

How much fear will they keep throwing to the masses?

100 people died in India? okay. 1,000,000 people died in Iraq ever since we went to war with that country.

Oh well... America did a good thing in Iraq.

I hope they do a good thing in Pakistan.... I hope thay find Bin Laden.

just wait... this will be used as spin.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

But does that mean they were killing those people? Or perhaps they were asking for those passports for another reason? It appears to me that many of the attacks were carried out indiscriminately. I.E. they would fire randomly from the police vans, toss grenades into rooms, etc. Once we begin finding out who was actually killed, injured, taken hostage and what their nationalities are then we can make a more educated inference as to whether or not they are targeting"westerners."

At the very least, the ATS chief and many others who have been confirmed dead are definitely not westerners.

[edit on 11/27/2008 by uberdave223]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
In my opinion it is very uncommon for a person to kill another "randomly" or in other words indiscrimanately. Sure, at first, it may seem random. But even profilers who study serial killers eventually find a common denominator by which the killer strikes. From the lowest echelon, being gang members who mean to kill a rival but accidentally kill bystanders, to the highest being a nation who invades another but kills civilians by "accident", there is always a driving force. There is always a reason.

It is also of grave importance to recognize who the group of people being reported on are. It would be beneficial for certain motivating forces to attribute these attacks to Westerners as the reason behind the attack. The fact remains that this attack in India. The majority of people who suffered here are from that country. It will always be beneficial for certain groups to make selective determinations on who the most important victims are. Rare is the realization that there is no most important victim. Everyone who suffered at the hands of these people or is connected to the victims has suffered extensively. If that were reported on there would be no reason to fear, except for in the case of local media. This would not be useful in fear mongering, for the people who should fear for their lives regularly already do.

*Edit for spelling and clarity

[edit on 27-11-2008 by quetzalcoatl13]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
How may times will the Mainstream Media mention "Al Qaeda" the next few days regaring this event in India?

Until the public believes it.

My friend has family over there and they're saying that they're being attacking by a group from the Kashmir province by a group known as the Kashmiri Mujahadeen, and not Al Qaeda.

But knowing the media, no one outside of the US will know it wasn't Al Qaeda.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberdave223
reply to post by Flighty

But does that mean they were killing those people? Or perhaps they were asking for those passports for another reason? It appears to me that many of the attacks were carried out indiscriminately. I.E. they would fire randomly from the police vans, toss grenades into rooms, etc. Once we begin finding out who was actually killed, injured, taken hostage and what their nationalities are then we can make a more educated inference as to whether or not they are targeting"westerners."

At the very least, the ATS chief and many others who have been confirmed dead are definitely not westerners.

Point taken.

But as a side note, Bali was also waged against westerners and quite a few Indonesians/Balinese/ Muslims were killed as well.
It's the terrorist equivalent to collateral damage.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what their intent was.
It's way too early to really know either way.

I'll try and hunt around for what this guy said in full.
It was edited so he could well have said a lot more.
If I find it, I'll post it here.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Flighty]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Flighty

I think im missing something as i am not sure who you are talking about but you say a ATS chief has been confirmed dead?

am i misreading that?
if that is true my deepest sympathies go out to that member of our community and their family

who was it from our community?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I saw it live. ONE GUY claimed that he and a small group of foreigners were questioned along those lines. The media took that and amplified it, claiming that the attacks were targeted at Americans/ Britons specifically.

Western media has been disgusting in this case; spinning the story to make it seem like the terrorists were "hunting" Americans and Britons.

The fact that 90+ dead Indians probably gives you an indication about how targeted these attacks were (ie not at all).

The group probably thought that retaining foreign hostages would cause more terror and fear than anything else. This fear would stop businessmen going to India, thereby destroying the newfound success of the country.

That is the aim, and the bloody media are simply helping them with their objectives by sensationalising the attack.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If they were after westerners, then why did the PM of India give a harsh warning to Pakistani government about such acts?

in such a volatile situation with emotions running high (considering the history between the two) shouldnt those comments be made in a time after the dust has settled and the information could be assessed properly as to who and what the motives were?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
OP,what kind of proof are you actually after?

And what kind of proof are you likely to get. You've already got people who were there telling their version of what they saw,people covered in blood and burn marks. And without going over there,and flashing a western passport in the terrorists faces. That's all you're going to get.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Indian press, the Indian television, the Indian police, the Indian army all say that these terrorists were forcing people to state their nationality, forcing people to show their passports, and then murdering Americans and Britains.

But of course, this is just the "mainstream media" "spinning" things. The "mainstream media" forced all of those Indian citizens to make this up.

The terrorists identified themselves as being MUslim fanatics allied to Al Queda. But that isn't good enough for the author of this thread. He wants "proof" but there is absolutely nothing that would convince a nut case like him that this is true.

The people doing this are out to HURT INDIA.

They believe India is becomming too westernized, that Indian discriminates against their Muslim citizens (which it does by the way), and that this trend must be changed. So, they murder peolle to make their case. Typical of Muslim fanatics.

[snip]

Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 27/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Talk about selectivity.

With all the many ATS members here constantky yellings things like "terrorists do not exist",' "the rest of the world hates the US" and "the US brought this upon itself ", what the hell is so hard to believe about the targeting of Americans?
You can't have it both ways.
Seems to me, the terrorists are only warming up to what Biden warned us about.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks so!
For a minute there i thought i was going insane...
CNN plus all the other media claiming that this was an attack on westerners, should be ashamed of themselves, In-fact, I hope the Indian public realizes the kind of propaganda filth these media outlets are spewing(obviously to forward their own Agenda, aka "American Interests" in the region) and kicks them out of the country...
Mob the western TV reporters and beat em with sticks!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

reply to post by Flighty

I think im missing something as i am not sure who you are talking about but you say a ATS chief has been confirmed dead?

am i misreading that?
if that is true my deepest sympathies go out to that member of our community and their family

who was it from our community?

This confused me when I first saw it too don't worry
ATS is their anti-terrorism type unit. Not related to abovetopsecret in any way that I know.

top topics

join