It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds Chemtrails Are Seasonal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkabit

Well, China is probably doing something, akin aerosol spraying, for Weather Modification as we speak. Check this out

www.gov.cn...

Regulations on Administration of Weather Modification

(Adopted at the 56th Executive Meeting of the State Council on March 13, 2002, promulgated by Decree No. 348 of the State Council of the People's Republic of China on March 19, 2002, and effective as of May 1, 2002)

Article 1These Regulations are formulated in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Meteorology Law of the People's Republic of China for the purpose of strengthening the administration of weather modification, and preparing against and mitigating meteorological disasters.

Article 2Weather modification activities carried out in the territory of the People's Republic of China shall be in conformity with these Regulations.

Article 3For the purpose of these Regulations, "weather modification" refers to the activities carried out for rain or snow enhancement, hail suppression, rain suppression, fog dispersal, or frost protection by exerting, under appropriate conditions, artificial influence on local atmospheric physical and chemical processes through scientific and technological means, so as to mitigate or avert meteorological disasters and properly exploit climatic resources.

MOD NOTE: Review this LINK: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the QUOTE BOX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

[edit on 11/28/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If the government admitted it on record, would you accept this as at least a possibility that there is something to all of this?:

In January CBS News reported on bizarre geo-engineering experiments proposed for global warming reduction. The report confirmed that one of the methods advocated by physicist Edward Teller is to fill the atmosphere with metallic particles to "scatter away 1 or 2 percent of the sunlight...the sooner the better."

Last December, a Canadian citizen complaining to his local air authority about sky-muck over Victoria, British Columbia, was told by that authority that the chemtrail formations were the result of a joint U.S. and Canadian military exercise. His explanation was caught on audio tape and played for radio listeners all over the Western Hemisphere. (We have not yet heard whether this uniquely candid official has been boiled in oil). Also recently, an FAA official confirmed in a taped interview with freelance radio reporter S.T. Brendt that he was told on four occasions in March to re-route commercial air traffic to accommodate a huge military aerial operation over the northeastern seaboard.

Source: www.planetaryascension.net...

MOD Note: Review This Link: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
MOD Note: review This Link: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

See Information on Link Above

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
MOD Note: review This Link: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

See Information on Link Above

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
MOD Edit: Review this link: Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

Information on how to link is contained there and here:

ATS Handbook

Now stop copy and pasting from that link.

Members can go to the link and read all they want

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BTW all quotes in last post from link quoted above.

here it is again as i cant seem to get the quote from source working

www.planetaryascension.net...

test

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Removed Duplicate post

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If you refer (once again) to the source you will see that Edward Teller presented a number of different methods which could possibly aid in the mitigation of global warming if it ever became necessary. No where does Teller advocate doing anything "as soon as possible" (your source has lied, which is not at all uncommon). In fact, what Teller did say was this:

We believe that, prior to any actual deployment of any scattering system aimed at full-scale 1% insolation modulation, completely transparent and fully international research in sub-scale could result in public opinion conducive to a reasonable technology-based approach to prevention of large-scale climatic failures of all types. International cooperation in the research phase, based on complete openness, is necessary and may be sufficient to secure the understanding and support without which any of these approaches will fail.

The purpose of this paper is not to advocate definite solutions. It is only to augment
the scientific effort to find solutions of general acceptability and benefit.

The blame for ''bad weather'' may be too heavy for any human to bear. But, we
hope, thinking before acting might be acceptable.

www.osti.gov...

I do not give any credibility to a source, such as yours, which so boldly lies and distorts.

[edit on 11/28/2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes. Now we agree.

Everyone is lying.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No.
Not everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I really hope and pray that you are the one with the more accurate information here.

For all concerned.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

NO SENSE OF HUMOUR ANYMORE?
this place is getting more like the "real world" every day.

I say to the mods, "get your hand off it"

[edit on 28/11/2008 by Zeus187]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkabit

And you have never noticed the difference between a normal contral rapidly dissipating, and a contrail at the same altitude that does not dissappear with seconds ?

Contrails dissipating are based on the saturation of the air (how moist it is) and the temperature of it.

Neither of those things are entirely dependent on altitude at all.

Generally speaking, yes the further you go up the colder it is going to be, but that is only generally speaking. When wind is blowing, it's going to make the air colder (wind chill) and the wind might be blowing at one altitude, but only 10 feet above it the wind might not be blowing and the air might be warmer. There are also other things to consider like how much radiation the air is receiving (from either the sun or the earth) to heat that air up. Certain areas will receive more/less radiation.

And then you have cold fronts/warm fronts, and many other things, which we won't get into.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Today while out deer hunting I thought of a simple way anyone can debunk these chemtrail theories.

Go outside on a cold day, and just breath. Can you see your breath? Same basic thing as a contrail is happening there.

OH SNAP THOUGH, YOU MUST BE SPRAYING CHEMICALS OUT YOUR MOUTH LOL!

Breath very fast air out, air from your mouth. This air will be cooler, and you notice that the "breath" you can see in front of you dissipates very quickly, if it's even visible at all.

Now breath slower air out, air from your gut, you know air that's been in your lungs for a few seconds. This air you are breathing out will be much warmer and more moist. Notice how it lingers around for much longer and sometimes even floats away and doesn't dissapate.

There you go, easy chemtrail debunking anyone can do (as long as you live someplace where it's cold out. Of course you could probably just do this in a freezer or something too.)

[edit on 29-11-2008 by AirTrafficController]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AirTrafficController

Generally speaking, yes the further you go up the colder it is going to be, but that is only generally speaking. When wind is blowing, it's going to make the air colder (wind chill) and the wind might be blowing at one altitude, but only 10 feet above it the wind might not be blowing and the air might be warmer

Wind chill is a perceived phenomenon. It is caused by the increased loss of body heat by the movement of air. Wind chill does not affect the temperature of the air but the temperature of skin.

Temperature and moisture content of air vary with altitude with a general decrease in both with altitude due to reduced density. But it is not always a steady decrease and warmer, wetter layers are often found above colder, dryer layers.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is very cool !

I also believe the sun is 'warming up' and that chemtrails are being used specifically to mitigate the warming effect this is having on the earth's climate ...

It would be interesting to see a year-to-year break down in the distribution of monthly chemtrail activity as well.

The reason I suggest this is because last year ( 2008 ), here in Ann Arbor, I noted heavy chemtrail activity nearly every day during the spring and summer. They were making clouds every day. Then there would be about a 10-day lull and then it would start back up again ...

Remember, last spring is when we had all the 'three-thousand-year' floods in the mid-west ... I relate this very heavy springtime chemtrail activity with these terrible floods ...

You may not have enough samples to break it down 'year-to-year' , but still it would be very interesting to present your results if there are enough samples ...

I would expect to see an increase in the springtime frequency of chemtrail activity as the years move forward toward 2008 ...

In closing, now that we here in michigan, and I would wager the rest of the country are in the deepest, coldest winter in recent memory, with snowfall even in Hawaii, Arizona, and southern CA, I have seen almost no chemtrail activity whatever ... so, again, it seems clear to me ( and others, I would add ) it's being done to cool us down !!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow...
How did I miss this thread before?

Some good information here, and your data might be related to a piece of information that I have since come across...

If you notice the Earth seems to tip further on its axis away from the sun during these seasonal periods of intense spraying. Increased sickness, increased posting that Chemtrails are observed, and increased distance from the Sun all seem to be interrelated, yet I cannot seem to fit these pieces together in my head...

Maybe the Chemtrails act to repel the Earth away from the sun causing an axis shift at those times of year, thereby causing the temperature decrease...
... I'm not sure, what to make of this data
, and its making my head hurt... Oh well, I am off to post about how professional wrestling is real, and the UFO's I observed landing at my local airport the other night.

Best thread ever though...

I especially liked this bit:

Originally posted by Phage
Holy smoke! Picky, you found a previously unknown phenomenon hidden within the data. The number of months increases in a direct relationship to the... month!

I am darn glad I was not drinking anything when I saw that.
Laptops get expensive to replace when they get wet.

Edit cause I can't speeeel.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This thread needs a bump.

The weather is getting colder in the northern hemisphere and lo and behold! ATS is crawling with chemtrail threads again.

Statistics don't lie.

So why are chemtrails seasonal???

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maximum air temperature also occurs near the Earth's surface in this layer. With increasing height, air temperature drops uniformly with altitude at a rate of approximately 6.5° Celsius per 1000 meters. This phenomenon is commonly called the Environmental Lapse Rate. At an average temperature of -56.5° Celsius, the top of the troposphere is reached. At the upper edge of the troposphere is a narrow transition zone known as the tropopause. www.eoearth.org...
There are no "seasons"...only temperature changes. In other words, it's constantly winter, up above us. Therefore, trails should form ALL THE TIME, not sporadically. It never gets above the freezing point, in the upper atmosphere, until you reach the thermosphere; where temperatures in this layer can be as high as 1200°C. Therefore, your theory is seriously flawed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan
Therefore, your theory is seriously flawed.

To answer this question, lets first identify what a contrail is. A contrail is the condensation trail that is left behind by a passing jet plane. Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. Vapor pressure is just a fancy term for the amount of pressure that is exerted by water vapor itself (as opposed to atmospheric, or barometric, pressure which is due to the weight of the entire atmosphere above you). The mixing occurs directly behind the plane due to the turbulence generated by the engine. If condensation (conversion from a gas to a liquid) occurs, then a contrail becomes visible. Since air temperatures at these high atmospheric levels are very cold (generally colder than -40 F), only a small amount of liquid is necessary for condensation to occur. Water is a normal byproduct of combustion in engines.

link to the truth.

I think you may have missed a large part of your research. BTW, do you believe in clouds?

edit to add: I am damn proud of you for at least clinking on the links I offered you.

edit on 11-9-2014 by network dude because: added compliment.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join