It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I disagree with the phrase "Deny Ignorance"... I hope you pay attention.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've been "awake" for about two years now. I'm a Christian, or atleast I try to be. I've studied certain conspiracy theories more than I've studied the Bible as of late, and I can't help be reminded of one thing I learned.

"The more knowledge you attain, the more sorrow you attain"
(I remember learning this in the Bible)

I remember the first story in the Bible, about Adam and Eve. Eve ate from the tree of Knowledge. right? That tree was called the tree of knowledge if I'm not mistaken. She took a bite out of an apple and obtained some serious "forbidden" knowledge.

I think she even had to cover her self up with leaves, because she realized she was naked... (I'll have to read it again)

But my point is... Don't you feel like you've obtained some "forbidden knowledge" as of late? Didn't you wake up after 9-11? How were you able to do this? How did you wake up? How did you deny ignorance?...

I'll SAY IT AGAIN.... HOW DID YOU DENY IGNORANCE?

I know how I woke up... And I will make an excellent point after the first reply.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
en.wiktionary.org...

Ignorance:
1. The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. Lacking knowledge or information.

It seems to me that ignorance is "uninformed or uneducated", by human standards. That is, to "deny ignorance" is not necessarily to seek esoteric knowledge that is God sole purview (which would be 'eating of the tree of knowledge of good/evil'; hubris), but rather sharing already-acquired human knowledge, within our already-established sphere. Opposing lies and deceit.

Perhaps one could argue that all human rational knowledge is 'tainted' by original sin, and should be avoided, but then, really, can the 'fruit' from which that knowledge stems actually be made 'un-chewed'?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
en.wiktionary.org...

Ignorance:
1. The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. Lacking knowledge or information.

It seems to me that ignorance is "uninformed or uneducated", by human standards. That is, to "deny ignorance" is not necessarily to seek esoteric knowledge that is God sole purview (which would be 'eating of the tree of knowledge of good/evil'; hubris), but rather sharing already-acquired human knowledge, within our already-established sphere. Opposing lies and deceit.

Perhaps one could argue that all human rational knowledge is 'tainted' by original sin, and should be avoided, but then, really, can the 'fruit' from which that knowledge stems actually be made 'un-chewed'?

What are you doing now to deny ignorance?

answer this question.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

answer this question.

Okay. I am responding to this post.

I have no illusions that what I am expressing might 'make a difference', if it does, it does; if it doesn't it doesn't.

But I am expressing myself. See, 'knowledge' or 'insight' (the antithesis of ignorance) is a shared experience. I could sit, alone in a room, and come to as many profound conclusions as I desire, but if not expressed, shared, and given the potential to be acted upon, in ways that can possibly affect the 'reality-tunnels' of others, that gnosis is useless, and dies.

I feel there's incredible pressure, in society, for people to 'act ignorant'. To accept that there's one or two or a few 'mainstream' ways of viewing the world, and accept those as expressed. Then, shut up and toe the party line. I think that's wrong. I think that every individual expression of opinion, no matter how redundant, trite, or obvious, is precious.

That's denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

answer this question.

Okay. I am responding to this post.

I have no illusions that what I am expressing might 'make a difference', if it does, it does; if it doesn't it doesn't.

But I am expressing myself. See, 'knowledge' or 'insight' (the antithesis of ignorance) is a shared experience. I could sit, alone in a room, and come to as many profound conclusions as I desire, but if not expressed, shared, and given the potential to be acted upon, in ways that can possibly affect the 'reality-tunnels' of others, that gnosis is useless, and dies.

I feel there's incredible pressure, in society, for people to 'act ignorant'. To accept that there's one or two or a few 'mainstream' ways of viewing the world, and accept those as expressed. Then, shut up and toe the party line. I think that's wrong. I think that every individual expression of opinion, no matter how redundant, trite, or obvious, is precious.

That's denying ignorance.

Oh wait... I'm sorry... you didn't answer the question.

Let me rephrase it...

What are you doing to get knowledge? To become educated? How are you doing this?

HOW ARE YOU GAINING KNOWLEDGE? How are you becoming less ignorant...

I haven't prooven my point yet.. but I will, please respond.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This has been discussed before - www.abovetopsecret.com...
sorry for the one-liner, just informing

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Ah I think I see what you're saying. When I hear the phrase "Deny Ignorance", I look upon 'ignorance' as a phenomena that's expressed in society as a whole, amongst myself and others. Thus, to 'deny' (oppose) it, is a matter of interpersonal communication and sharing.

Interestingly, 'deny ignorance' could also be interpreted to mean 'deny' (reject) the phenomena as being an accurate assessment of true human condition: as in "we are not ignorant!". There's some truth to that, too: much of what society is "suddenly surprised" by the truth of has been obvious, to some elements, all along.

But to your attenuated point: denying ignorance within one's self. There, there is more subtlety. Let me be blunt, then: internal truth is absolute. I have, within myself, connection to truth undiluted and untainted by worldly-temporal concerns. In fact, I believe that the world, and the facts thereof, are spun by possible misinterpretations of such absolute truth - a tapestry of lies, as it were. That's a rather aloof representation, but I think you'll agree?

So, how to deny ignorance, on that very personal level, of 'individual' perception and world-view? Well, the extreme is to deny the world. But, since we are being that, by nature, constantly interact with the world, such absolute denial is counter-productive. It is better, in my mind, to use opportunity of interaction to better perceive and categorize the various manners in which people are deceived. How they fall into traps of limited perception. How their opinions are marshalled, categorized, and exploited by worldly trends. By so doing, an empathy can be established - a 'lifeline', if you will - that allows more enhanced communication and perception. Rather than the 'thinker', alone in an ivory tower, we should strive to become 'communicators' - let the truths of our perceptions express themselves through our interactions.

Does that make any sense? Have I avoided your exact question yet again? If so, I didn't mean to.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
This has been discussed before - www.abovetopsecret.com...
sorry for the one-liner, just informing

Ahhh yes... I was waiting for that.

Do you have a PC or MAC?...

I have a MAC... Now look carefully at the OP... Look at what I wrote...

If you look at this image... you might get a clue.

That's how I've been denying ignorance... Hmmm... I once knew a guy that lived in a Amish Village that I use to make fun of.... I wonder how he is doing today. How could a person in a Amish Village that denies electricity be right? (survial thread C-YA soon)

Maybe his lifestyle and knowledge was more beneficial? ignore electricity?

You love the web... What if the web was gone tomorrow? What does that mean for the World?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

ok, "I didn't pay attention"
but your title is intentionally misleading. It appears that you would disagree with ATS's motto - but even in the OP, it does not look like you even agree with your title.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

it does not look like you even agree with your title.

Yes... You are correct. I do disagree with my title... I just want people to realize that the knowledge people feel they are getting is throught this:

This is how you deny ignorance?

Very Biblical, because if it wasn't for apple... I might not even have heard the phrase: "deny ignorance".

new topics

top topics

join