It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the venus project scares me (about the zeitgeist movement).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
this is gonna be a bit long, but please read.

so has anyone ever gone to the venus project website and saw that the model city is extremely reminiscent of ATLANTIS??

[click link]
www.thevenusproject.com...

basically it shows a city that is comprised of a central island area (with a temple-esque structure on it) and concentric rings of city around it??

[picture of atlantis]
www.crystalinks.com...

description of atlantis [condensed]:

The lost city of Atlantis has two chief characteristics, firstly that it was located in the centre of a perfectly level, rectangular shaped plain in a continent opposite the Strait of Gibraltar and secondly and probably most importantly, that it had the distinctive shape of a circular central island surrounded by concentric rings of land and sea "enclosing each other like cartwheels"

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

concentric rings of land AND sea. check out the venus project picture! land and sea.

Also venus the planet, which the 'venus' in venus project is most likely alluding to, is also known as the "morning star", as it is so close to earth that it is visible to the naked eye a couple hours before and after sunset/sunrise.

Another word for the "morning star" is lucifer.

if you google "define: lucifer", you will get this:

morning star: a planet (usually Venus) seen just before sunrise in the eastern sky

Venus also draws a pentagram in the sky every 8 years.

But it is true that plotting the recurrence of Venus' westward elongation from the Sun, over five consecutive synodic periods, will create the points of a pentagram. This period is approximately 584 days long, each period determining a different point of the observed pentagram—taking approximately eight years, five days to complete the figure. One would get a pentagram by picking any sunrise date on which the morning star is prominent and then repeating the observation at 584 day intervals following that date.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

I don't really know what to make of this just yet, but could this be the "New Atlantis" that Sir Francis Bacon wrote about? The New Atlantis agenda has long been associated with the freemasons and rosicrucians for centuries as Bacons was the leader of both secret societies when he was alive. Books have been written about this, for example Manly P Hall's "Secret Destiny of America" [1944] is about how the US is to spearhead the creation of the New Atlantis. Manly P Hall was one of the greatest esoteric scholars of the 20th century. I believe he was on to something, but I disagree with him that the New Atlantis will be a benevolent one. Perhaps the New Atlantis = NWO?

Here is a link to an online version of Hall's book:
yamaguchy.netfirms.com...

What I am sure of is that the maker(s) of zeitgeist are at least fairly knowledgeable of the esoteric (given the first part on religion) and that they do their research. Therefore they must know about the venus project alluding the atlantis and lucifer at the same time.

so....., sketch!

just my two cents

[edit on 27-11-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of all the symbols.
Personally, I think the Venus Project is a great but ultimately unachievable goal.
Humanity itself would have to be revamped in order for this to happen.
So.
I wouldn't worry too much about it one way or the other.
Whether you're for it or against it, I don't think that it's possible for anything like it to even come close to happening.
To be really honest, the Venus Project is basically just communism.
It's not that communism is a bad idea.
It's a great idea.
But humanity's greed and selfishness gets in the way of communism working out well for everyone and turns it into a dictatorship, where just one bad egg takes control of everyone else's kindness and generosity.
All you need is one human who doesn't agree with what the Venus Project says and bam, you're screwed, because you've got no army to fight back against them with, and you've got no laws to keep him at bay with.
It's a faulty idea that's too idealistic and not realistic enough for me to agree with.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Maybe time is just one continuous loop, what is our future may already have been our past, many times before and will be again.

Edgar Cayce believed:

Atlantis: The Cayce readings claimed the existence of Atlantis, a legendary continent with an advanced technology whose refugees peopled ancient Egypt as well as pre-Columbian America. Cayce's description of Atlantis has much in common with that of Ignatius L. Donnelly.

According to Cayce, Atlantean society was divided into two long-lived political factions--a "good" faction called the "Sons of the Law of One," and an "evil" faction called the "Sons of Belial." Many people alive today are the reincarnations of Atlantean souls, he believed, who must now face similar temptations as before. It is claimed Atlantis suffered three major destructions, one of which was the deluge.

According to the readings, a major source of turmoil was the Sons of Belial's desire to exploit the Things, sub-humans with animal appendages and low intelligence, and the movements to protect and evolve them by the Sons of the Law of One. The final destruction was the overcharging of the crystal which caused a massive explosion.

Egypt: Next to biblical times, the most significant era for the "life readings" was a pre-dynastic Egyptian civilization consisting of Atlantean refugees. Cayce purported to have been an Egyptian priest named "Ra Ta" who built a spiritually-based healing center (the "Temple of Sacrifice") and educational institution (the "Temple Beautiful").

His diagnostic readings and narratives about the past and future were supposed to be a continuation of his ancient work. This civilization also built monuments on the Giza plateau, including the Great Pyramid, and left records of Atlantis in a "hall of records" located somewhere beneath the Great Sphinx of Giza. These readings bear a close resemblance to books by AMORC founder H. Spencer Lewis.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the response. I guess I should have clarified that I am not really afraid of the venus project actually succeeding but the fact that zeitgeist supports it which seems to destroy a lot of its credibility (in that it is too idealistic) but it also has some very deep esoteric undertones that zeitgeist has ignored in its presentation of this subject. Ignored when it is obvious that zeitgeist makers are knowledgeable of the esoteric and would know of such symbolism. Makes me wonder if the zeitgeist "movement" is as it seems.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
On the venus project, yes I agree it does seem too idealistic to work, there would still need to be a leader or government, who would hold a lot of power.

Also the fact that countries would always claim they wernt getting their fair share, I think difference of opinions on a world level would doom it to failure.

On the 2nd zeitgeist at the end during the animation, when it shows the big outdoor screen, the blatent "siemens" advertising was annoying and something I thought it was against, being against big corporations and all.

Appologies for straying off topic slightly.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Came across the State seal of Colorado and it got me thinking.... How much influence does freemasonism and illuminatism have upon each state...

www.netstate.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
have you watched this video?...

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
When you say it looks like Atlantis, would you care to expand on when you saw Atlantis? Remember that it most likely never existed. As for the model, starting with a temple-esque building in the middle and everything else built around it in circles, this is the way Romans traditionally built their cities and military camps. The Gauls did the same and probably everybody else. It's efficient. The Venus Project is simply reusing an old concept.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
When you say it looks like Atlantis, would you care to expand on when you saw Atlantis? Remember that it most likely never existed.

I was about to make this comment myself.
I thought suddenly I had missed the finding and uncovering of Atlantis of past times, but then I realise it was based on stories and speculation...

Perhaps they got their ideas from the Atlantis tales. I didn't see any Crystals though, so we should be safe.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Well Atlantis is considered to be the concentric city, and Atlantis hunters search for this characteristic. It is the classic concentric city. Remember that Plato's description came way before the Roman Empire. There are also various references to the concentric city in ancient texts.

However, whether or not Atlantis existed is not the question. The question is whether or not the model city was based upon Atlantis. Be it just a coincidence or not, concentric city is definitely an allusion to Atlantis for most people.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Interesting video, I will have to research some of the stuff it brings up, but it seems to have touched on a lot of the same bases.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Its not the actual plan this one company or idealist has that interests me. The venus project is merely a concept, that could be started anywhere. Its an updated, high tech version of the natural resource societies natives have modeled for over 10 thousand years. One doesn't need to follow in this guys model. We can think for ouselves and start our own large scale version.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The problem with the venus project is that it entails more centralization. Which is what creates the elite class and PTB in the first place. It is a system that removes authority from the people, and gives it to the elite.

The only real system of change is one that decentralizes power to the individual. Which means power to the people, not to the elite.

Social systems should never expand beyond that of the community level. They are great in a community, but bad bad bad when centralized under 1 larger power because then it's just being centralized more and more.

Which system is more likely to fail?

A system with it's power source in 1 spot. Or a system with many sources spread out among individual spots?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

see the question is, how credible is Zeitgeist to endorse such a movement? A call to revolt against the established centralized powers to.. establish a new one? I really enjoyed the first Zeitgeist movie, but the second is just.. I don't know how to describe it.

It's like comparing the original Matrix movie to the two sequels, which completely takes away from the meaning of the original movie.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have been reading on the website for sometime now. The idea is sound. The reasoning in sound. The utopian aspect of it would never work with the mindset of 98% of the worlds population, and its just too easy to have this develop into a cult like organization. That said, I think I personaly like the ideas.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It is called the Venus Project, because the research center is in Venus, Florida. If the devil scares you and you are over six, there isn't much hope for you.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
well....I'm pretty sure it's called "Venus Project" because it is located in Venus, Florida, not because of the planet.

Although, I do think it sounds suspiciously like a cult

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I support the ideas behind the Venus project and the project is named after the town that the company is based out of Venus Florida.Humanity has a long way to go before an open resource system is even remotely possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What is interesting, when the movie is refuted it seems to be only the first part about Christians. Not really anything else. But so far Christians can not show any FACT that their holy book is in fact from God, not to mention any other genre of religion and their corresponding holy book.

When someone says "it is a bunch on junk", they never offer viable alternatives. Show me something better. So far, nothing.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
reply to post by badmedia

see the question is, how credible is Zeitgeist to endorse such a movement? A call to revolt against the established centralized powers to.. establish a new one? I really enjoyed the first Zeitgeist movie, but the second is just.. I don't know how to describe it.

It's like comparing the original Matrix movie to the two sequels, which completely takes away from the meaning of the original movie.

After seeing the second one, I thought oh, no, they are trying to sell me on something.....................It is the best thing I have see so far. No one has showed a viable alternative to the junk we have now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join