It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go it alone, or found a community?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
I say remain on your own and live it out for a bit. Wait for all the ill-prepared and less vigilant to disappear... Then come out... Find a few like yourself. THEN band.

This subject is hard because we all have to agree that there is at least the posibility that the Government has hacks in survival networks. Alone at least; only the strong will be therre to band together after all is said and done.

You must not not have a wife or kids. I do, and i'm very close with my brothers, so i'll go with the group option. When your alone, who's going to watch your back when your sleeping? What if you have an accident? Who's going to be there to help you? NO ONE! You'll be screwed, no matter what survival skills you have.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are many valid comments on this point. However, I believe that there is no "one size fits all" solution. What works for one individual or group may not necessarily work for another.

First, you have to remember, that you cannot trust anyone. When it comes to survival, even family members will turn on you if it puts food on their table or keeps them alive longer. You also have to be careful on sites like this because government agenst monitor them. They have been known to infilitrate survivalist and/or militia groups and then incite them to commit crimes in order to arrest them. Also, while living in a rural community is better than living in the city, they do know where you are. It will simply take them a bit longer to deal with you.

When you plan your course of action, you need to consider the skills that will be needed and what skills you have or can learn. If necessary skills are lacking, then you need to find a group member who has the lacking skills. I would suggest to keep your group as small as possible, and consist of family groups if possible, as this provides more security than trusting someone you don't really know. In my case, I have just my wife and myself. She grew up in the country, but her skills are very rusty. I am a city boy who has never been hunting or fishing before. I do have a natural eye with a rifle, plus I understand how the government thinks. We are hoping to find a few good friends to complement us.

I also suggest that if you live in a city, you be prepared to leave BEFORE marital law is declared. Otherwise it will be too late.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracynut84

As far as not being able to trust anyone, then you have the wrong friends and family. I would give my life for mine, and i KNOW they would do the same.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have an agreement with my best friend to meet up and head out in case of an emerge. We each have survival kits and shelter and all we need to build a good temp base until we can erect some more permanent shelters, etc. I am for keeping a group to no more than 10 adults plus any children. The people involved should make sure they have good skills for outdoor situations and practice those skills religiously, Everyone absolutely needs to have a grab and run bag, it could be life or death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join