It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence in Scripture disproving god once and for all

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
God is real, but he is the Oneness, the Awareness not the materialized God that were actually the aliens who came like thousands of years ago who conducted experiments on apes to create what we are as a species today. There is a Satan and demons, but it is a myth created by the reptilians who rule this world to make the good reptiloids look like evil sadistic monsters (which these reptiloids evolved before humans and are native on Earth but becaues of a catastrophe or something they have to stay underground). Though there is evil and it is called the dark side. You know that light at the end of the tunnel when someone dies? That is an evil being trying to seduce us humans to join him again in his continual conquest and torture of beings he kidnapps and controls in his attempt to conquer this galaxy. His name is the "All-Seeing Eye" and I guess is the real supernatural entity that is the closest threat as Lucifer will ever be to the humans currently on Earth. But I guess the Awareness could come in the form of messiah, but watch out cause the Antichrist could come in the form of MEssiah too...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jonah0julian

im just wondering if you actually believ that or are just trying to slip as many film references in and see who notices them

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

You need to research the ORIGINS of the NIV before you make ANY statements. You're better off using the King James Version as it hasn't been altered, edited, revised, etc.

Using the NIV is like using an abridged dictionary as compared to the KJV which is an unabridged version.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

KJV is not altogether free of errors either.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You need to research the ORIGINS of the NIV before you make ANY statements. You're better off using the King James Version as it hasn't been altered, edited, revised, etc.

Using the NIV is like using an abridged dictionary as compared to the KJV which is an unabridged version.

You're right about the inaccuracy of the NIV. They've taken it upon themselves to correct certain errors that were in the original text even though they have little or no bases in doing so.
However, as far as the arguments that Nj2day brought up - the meaning of the verses are the same.
The King James Version is hardly accurate as it isn't based on the earliest texts we have.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

maybe you should research the originas of the KJV

it was heavily influenced by Martin Luthers translation from greek into german, its also not the fiurst english bible not by a long shot that came around 300 years ealier

Dr. F. Scrivener, a scholar working to modern standards, attempted to collate all the editions of the King James Bible then in circulation, he found more than 24,000 variations between them. The curious fact is that no one such thing as 'The King James Bible' -- agreed, consistent, and whole-- has ever existed
www.lavistachurchofchrist.org...

A number of words are mistranslated by the KJV. The KJV is not a perfect word for word translation. There is some paraphrasing like "God save the king" (I Samuel 10:24, II Samuel 16:16, I Kings 1:25, and II Kings 11:12). About 1,000 Greek words and particles were not translated by the KJV. A number of words are mistranslated like John 20:17 which says, "Touch me not" should be rendered "Do not keep on holding me" (Lewis, 46; He lists a number of mistranslations). The Bible was not originally divided up into verse divisions. They did not understand Hebrew poetry. Chapter divisions are also questionable like where Genesis one ends. The use of italics is misunderstood by readers who put emphasis on it, instead of it being questionable reading like "unknown tongue" in I Corinthians 14 and the speaking in tongues movement.

A number of words have changed in meaning from the KJV 1611. Some are just the opposite in meaning. For example, "let" means "hinder," "lust" means "desire" which is not all ways bad, "fair" means "beautiful" not just average, "quick" means "living" and "nephews" means "grandchildren." "Corn" means "grain" for corn was only found in North and South America by the Indians
www.bibleandscience.com...

it mistranslates oxe to unicorn

jackal and sea monster(probabily whales) get mistranslated to dragon

even the word hell as it appears in he KJV is wrong, the bible describes people dying and thier soul dying with them, originally no concept of fiery hell and eternal torment existed it was total death for the unsaved you died and then there was nothing www.heavendwellers.com...

except its abridged and mistranslated

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Why is this so important to you? The God I know asks "Are you being a good person, loving, nurturing, healing, contributing?" Awareness of God's existence at any depth is a gift, not an obligation. Such awareness, true awareness, will enhance your life, not make you angry. It will make you want to love, not to judge or ridicule or argue, especially for argument's sake. It will teach your soul that being right is not being holy.
I wish you peace and joy and wisdom.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The problem with using the bible to prove your point is its a man written document over a long period of time written by diffrent people. It was a document used to influence the masses to perpetuate the message of the papacy and kings to control anarchy and common man fears. They also adopted other religions storys to convert people to christianity. Enjoy the bible for what it is a good reading novel written by man with many mistakes in it like this thread. The bible niether proves or disproves a god its mearly propoganda which can be fun to read unless you take it litterally.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Such awareness, true awareness, will enhance your life, not make you angry. It will make you want to love, not to judge or ridicule or argue, especially for argument's sake.

The history books tell a different story. They show that the followers of your God to be the most bloodthirsty hate filled people ever.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

The history books tell a different story. They show that the followers of your God to be the most bloodthirsty hate filled people ever.

As I know you are a man of logic and specifics, with a deep respect for reason and a method, primarily scientific. Please show your evidence GW.

Please be sure to highlight the direct influence of followers of god from that god that specifically promotes Blood thirst and Hate. Please be sure to provide evidence of that GOD, so as to diffrentiate that GOD from humans who may also be the only valid source of said blood thirst and hate.
Please be sure to distinguish between the wide variety of followers, their key vehicles of religous propogation( or prophets, churches, interpretations etc) as I would hate to see ALL followers labelled with a fictious stereotype by Individuals looking for adhoc arguements that are reliant on lazy cliches. Please be sure to eliminate all economic, political, sociological, territorial, race, not to mention technological, or intellectual influences that historically have also caused, blood lust and hate. Make it clear that all bllodlust and hate between rival institutions of all levels, country, kingdoms, empires, tribes, fiefs, states that have not shown a clear seperations of religion and political institutions was specifically a result of following that GOD. I suggest a great starting point would be to seperate the Egyptian and Roman religions from that of the Egyptian and Roman States.
Also it would be relevant to explain the difference in history between eras where religion was inseperable from states, political institutions etc and that of the recent modern era, specifically in the west, where there is now a clear separation.

Religious fanatics have done things that are impossible to defend, but it also provides a clear moral code that condemns the slaughter of innocents. In particular, the moral teachings of Jesus provides no support for the historical injustices perpetrated in the name of Christianity. So GW you may need to discuss the divergent actions off those that claim GOD as inspiration, but do not follow the doctrine or dogma, what is this behaviour, and its relationship to the real concepts of that Religion and its GOD inspiration?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

shall we make it all a lot simpler and just quote the bible, no need for politics if its Gods ordering it

DEU
7:1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girga#es, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

7:2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: genocide

7:3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

7:5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. religeous intollerance and ethnic cleasing

7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. yes they are special and so are the aryans allegedly

Deu
20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: war oops no all thats genocide

20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee. even the animals must die thats epic genocide

20:15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations. ethnic cleansing leave no one alive but the jews

20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: kill em all let god sort it out

20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee: heres your list from god lets go a massacering

judges 20 details the near total destruction of the tribe of benjamin (more ethnic cleansing)

Joshua 6:21

Joshua 10:40-41

infact just read joshua its a nice long list of cities that suffered slavery and ethnic cleansing for god on his orders

Genesis chapter 6 through to 8 is genocide against the wholeof humanity and almost all terrestrial dependant animal life

i can go find more if you like, how can an ALL loving ALL merciful god be so keen on genocide and ethnic cleansing...

[edit on 3/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I just cant stop smiling at your post Noob. Yeah why dont you find some more lol.

Why dont you read the bible like you read your science,maybe you will know what you are doing. And maybe you will know why God is letting us do all this to our selves. It's all in the book

Dont quote something you dont understand.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Why dont you read the bible like you read your science,maybe you will know what you are doing. And maybe you will know why God is letting us do all this to our selves. It's all in the book

umm god says go kill them and dont spare a man woman or child ... so thats god letting us do stuff not god TELLING US in no unclear terms to do them?

when god says kill them all and tear down and destory thier holy places in my name thats a comand of gods will from god directly

but hey if you want to insult rather then actually read what the book says thats your choice

DEU
7:1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girga#es, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

7:2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

God says kill them all as i drive them out ..... so gods comand not mans choice

20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

if god gives them a city in those they are to kill everything, Gods comand not mans choice

cognative disonance cognitivedissonance.net... you know that niggely feeling i hope your getting when your justifying and trying to ignore genocide and write off Gods orders as mans actions becasue you believe god is incapable of atrocities

[edit on 3/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Is not what the "Christians" are doing all the times.Interpreting the Bible for their own convenience?. They murder,still and breaking every rules "in the book", but as long as they say that they love Jesus their sins will be forgotten.
God never say that you can kill in self defense. God give to you a brain so you can find a way to stop opponent without deadly force.
God never said that you can steal because you are hungry. God give to you a brain to find a way to feed your self.
It does not matter of haw many times you will said "I love Jesus" - your soul it is stain and nothing what you will say will change that, because the God never said that your sins will be forgotten unless you can redeem your self by a "self
sacrifice" for a love of another human. It have to be on a impulse - not premeditated. It does not matter of who you are. If you use a deadly force against another human then you are committing a sin. That is not what the Christian reverend, preachers or priests are telling you because it is not convenient.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Please be sure to highlight the direct influence of followers of god from that god that specifically promotes Blood thirst and Hate. Please be sure to provide evidence of that GOD, so as to diffrentiate that GOD from humans who may also be the only valid source of said blood thirst and hate.

Read the Old Testament.
K, thanks, bye.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

See, that's the thing - atheists don't WANT to "understand" how your God could command parents to kill their children just for disobeying.
You may think you understand, but if that's the case, you are truly brainwashed.
I don't want to "understand" how you think you "understand" the atrocities of the Bible.
I don't "understand" a serial killer either, but I consider that a good thing.
K, thanks, bye.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe in a Higher Power but I just cant understand why people that believe in a higher power can find this higher power to 'enjoy the consumption of blood' and brings a prophecy to man that even in the future, the demands for blood shed is a request (final sacrafice and final wars against man).

How can one keep making excuses for this 'most high' one who needs these things?

Its a insult, that Thee damands us to kill and needs blood sacrafices for our wrongs. We learn from our wrongs, they are nessasary. Christ didnt have to die for any sins....Christ was the prime imbodiment of Thee, remaining rightous even when tempted with the easy way out.

Why do so many find themselves unworthy to receive the Spirit without blood on their hands?

The OT God is not the same Most High Jesus spoke of. They dont match and people are afraid to even think of such things because the OT places that fear in them.

Man tied Jesus to a book that he never intended to be in.....but that is just my opinion.

LV

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You say the OT God is not the same as the NT God. I would have to agree, he's a completely different deity.
However, there's a problem.
You trust what Jesus says, but when Jesus was talking about his father, he made it plain that his father was the God that the Jews knew from the Torah.
He tied himself to that God, not man.
The Old Testament will always be an anchor to Christianity...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

I dont feel Jesus said that. It doesnt make sense of his teachings that he would. I think things like that were added so it could be accepted. Man needed an excuse to make 'Christs' death a requirement, it is an excuse to take the heat off of man and put it back on God that requires the death of a son.

Just thoughts
LV

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join