It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence in Scripture disproving god once and for all

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by riggins44

If scripture can not scientifically prove the existance of God then it certainly can not disprove it

The bible has nothing to do with science and as such it would be impossible to "prove" god through it. God is a supernatural being, and science only deals with the natural, hence science has nothing to say on the existence of god.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
New Testament- we are living under God's Grace. The Old Testament- They didn't have Grace and therefore did not live under the same laws that we do now under accordance with Jesus The Christ's dying and ressurection.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I can let you in on a secret nj.

If you open the bible with the intention of proving that God does not exsit the words will leap off the pages to help you with this.

If however you open it with an awareness of your spirit and asking for enlightment it will answer every question you ever had.

Christ was merely trying to awaken our spiritual beings. You can see this throughout his actions and teachings. This story is told by Matthew , Mark , Luke and John who may not even have achieved a complete spirtual enlightment. You can see the apostles struggle with understanding or grasping spirituality throughout the bible.

It even appears that the one apostle who understood this the most was infact Judas as could be interpreted in the recenlty discovered Judas gospel. This is why he was able to betray Christ and help fulfill his and Christs destiny.

Christs ultimate teaching that we are all brothers and sisters is proof that we are all of the one being. We come from the light and return to the light.

You are me. I am you. We are one.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacore

So....? What then?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishjon1973
This story is told by Matthew , Mark , Luke and John

You know, I wouldn't mind finding out who wrote those books because they certainly weren't authored by the people ascribed to them, say the consensus of biblical scholars.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Bible has been translated many times and I am sure edited to fit the agenda of those in power. Like the US changed the "shall not kill" to "shall not murder" to accomodate the military.
I am saying that because whatever you decide to read may not be the original meaning of it.
I invite you to check the link on my sig to see my view of God..

In the end its only a matter of interpretation.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Psalms 119:64 - The earth is filled with your love, o lord; teach me your decrees.

Psalms 119:68 - You are good and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.

Psalms 119:96 - To all perfection I see limit; but your commands are boundless.

Psalms 119:106 - I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws.

Psalms 119:129 - Your statutes are wonderful; obey them.

Psalms 119:130 -The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalms 119:137 - Righteous are you, o lord, and your laws are right.

Psalms 119:138 -The Statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.

Psalms 119:142 - Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true.

Psalms 119:144 - Your Statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.

Psalms 119:152 - Long ago I learned from your statues that you established them to last forever.

According to Psalms 119, the laws of god emanate from god’s perfection. They are righteous because ‘he’ is righteous. They are good because ‘he’ is good. They are right because ‘he’ is righteous. They are perfect because ‘he’ is perfect. According to the bible, his laws are what they are because of his own perfect nature.

If this is so, then that means that this perfect god would himself live according to these moral imperatives since they emanate from his perfection. But what we see in the bible is not the case. God’s perfect laws condemns punishing the son for the father’s sin and vice versa.

Deuteronomy 24:16
Jeremiah 31:29-30
Ezekiel 18:20

God broke his own perfect laws by imputing the sin of Adam on all his descendants. God broke his own perfect laws by killing the first born of Egypt for Pharaoh’s obstinence. God broke his own laws by killing 70,000 Israelites because David took a census. God broke his own perfect laws by punishing his own son for the sins of others. All of this and more is contrary to his own laws and therefore contrary to his own nature.

God is perfect. God’s law is perfect. God’s law reflects god’s perfection. - God does not live by his own perfect laws. God’s nature and actions are self-contradictory. God does not exist, since a being cannot be perfect and imperfect at the same time.

“If god kills, lies, cheats, discriminates and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that’s okay, he’s god. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to his philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice, and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite.”

- Dennis Mckinsey

link   
God exists and i can prove it.

Keeper of Kheb

link   
100% Agreed with this Post. However, it's kind of like telling a stubborn child Santa doesn't exist, they won't believe it until they grow up...

Sadly, some individuals never grow up....

Good post, Good topic. STARRED!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Good Wolf,

ohnoes. Your NIV positive, don't infect me!

People of religion seem so easily offended, so I, as a non-believer, couldn't pass this one up.

As an HIV+ person I find the above quote highly offensive. See, we can all do it!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Originally posted by irishjon1973
This story is told by Matthew , Mark , Luke and John

You know, I wouldn't mind finding out who wrote those books because they certainly weren't authored by the people ascribed to them, say the consensus of biblical scholars. [/quote

The names are not important Good wolf.

Know yourself and you will know the truth.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevMarkJames
Good Wolf,

ohnoes. Your NIV positive, don't infect me!

People of religion seem so easily offended, so I, as a non-believer, couldn't pass this one up.

As an HIV+ person I find the above quote highly offensive. See, we can all do it!

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Are you or are you not offended?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

use critical thinking guy. tahts like saying he can create one planet with only one, only two, and only three "suns" all at the same time. He cannot create things that do not have the possiblity of existing. but things like...killing alll evildoers...yes he can. But things that are by nature paradoxical etc....yes impossible because theres no way they can exist like this.

Great job you disproved God....lol. go get a job

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You are focused on the question "Can God make a rock..."

Here is your answer: Yes

Here is the solution to your dilemma:

1. For an object to have infinite "weight" requiring infinite "force" to move it, it must be infinite.

2. There is nothing infinite except God.

3. God created a rock that was so heavy that He could not lift it. The rock had a name: Jesus.

4. The weight of the rock was the burden of sin taken on by the rock, a portion of that weight was yours.

5. The lifting of the weight occurred on a cross. It took God, and a few Roman soldiers. ( PS: He used crucifixion so you would know for sure that he did not do it to himself. Pretty hard to commit suicide by nailing both your own hands. Therefore, you can be certain the answer to your question is Yes.)

6. When the weight was lifted, it was destroyed by the force required to lift it.

7. The infinite God lifted the infinite weight of sin which was placed upon His son, so you would not have to lift your personal weight. You are unchained, and free.

This is a good day to be thankful for that gift.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jim Scott]

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sorry never read the bible but I don't see it as a competent source of any kind from the quotes. More likely plagiarism of other crap with some make believe mind grabbing devised by it's authors. Since Jesus isn't directly represented and there's no reason to believe he or his followers are spiritually competent or even genuinely represented by the propaganda (bible). I would say quoting the bible as an authority is a basic mistake in your argument. The True Supreme Being is all knowing, all powerful, etc..

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It seems this topic is important to you..........so be it. Every person makes up their own mind and conclusion.
It seems to me that we are all very imperfect beings that are supposed to find our own way to whatever it is we are seeking.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I for one don't believe he disproved anything. One thing is for sure gentlemen when we die, the truth will come out. If you are right well we just die and that's it, but if the Bible is true, then you have Judgment to worry about?

I believe the problem is that you have never tasted Salvation, let this story explain what I mean.

Have You Tasted My Jesus?

At the University of Chicago Divinity School each year they have what is called Baptist Day. It is a day when all the Baptists in the area are invited to the school because they want the Baptist dollars to keep coming in. On this day each one is to bring a sack lunch to be eaten outdoors in a grassy picnic area. Every Baptist Day the school would invite one of the greatest minds to lecture in the theological education center.

One year they invited Dr. Paul Tillich. Dr. Tillich spoke for two and one-half hours proving that the resurrection of Jesus was false. He quoted scholar after scholar and book after book. He concluded that since there was no such thing as the historical resurrection the religious tradition of the church was groundless, emotional mumbo-jumbo, because it was based on a relationship with a risen Jesus, who, in fact, never rose from the dead in any literal sense. He then asked if there were any questions.

After about thirty seconds, an old, dark skinned preacher with a head of short-cropped, woolly white hair stood up in the back of the auditorium. "Docta Tillich, I got one question," he said as all eyes turned toward him. He reached into his sack lunch and pulled out an apple and began eating it. "Docta Tillich..." CRUNCH, MUNCH... "My question is a simple question," CRUNCH, CUNCH... "Now I ain't never read them books you read..." CRUNCH, MUNCH... "and I can't recite the Scriptures in the original Greek..." CRUNCH, MUNCH... "I don't know nothin' about Niebuhr and Heidegger..." CRUNCH, MUNCH... He finished the apple. "All I wanna know is: This apple I just ate-was it bitter or sweet?"

Dr. Tillich paused for a moment and answered in exemplary scholarly fashion: "I cannot possibly answer that question, for I haven't tasted your apple."

The white-haired preacher dropped the core of his apple into his crumpled paper bag, looked up at Dr. Tillich and said calmly, "Neither have you tasted my Jesus."

The one thousand plus in attendance could not contain themselves. The auditorium erupted with applause and cheers. Dr. Tillich thanked his audience and promptly left the platform.

— Source unknown

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

It's a nice story, rik, but it doesn't much pertain to the OP.

I for one don't believe he disproved anything. One thing is for sure gentlemen when we die, the truth will come out. If you are right well we just die and that's it, but if the Bible is true, then you have Judgment to worry about?

But which part of the bible I wonder. Maybe the Gnostic Gospels are the right ones and it was wrong to have left them out of the bible. If "ifs" and "buts"....

[edit on 27/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I hate to break it to you in this way, but, you are misquoting scripture. Let me explain how so you can understand more clearly.

Scripture is written by Chapter. Each Chapter tells a story that relays a message to the reader. By quoting portions of a Chapter, you are eliminating the story being told, so you have no clear way to understand the meaning of what is being read, by what has been written. It is also called "interpretation". Each person interprets the bible individually as it means to them.

The Bible does not contain "contradictions". What contradicts with the Bible are people who do not fully understand it and attempt to dissect it in ways that are in opposition to it. Most theologians will stand behind me on this.

I have to give you an "A" for effort. But thankfully, there is no Cigar.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by rikk7111

It's a nice story, rik, but it doesn't much pertain to the OP.

In a way it does. See any Christian that Believes ,has tasted the Truth of the Bible, But those that believe not, have never done so. I thank you for your reply and respectfully disagree. I came not to argue with anyone, for most here will not change there beliefs because of a thread. We must all seek truth for what ever we believe it is.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join