It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

on "mindless entertainment"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'll talk a bit more about myself later (hopefully) right know theres one thing I want to ask those of you who talk of the NWO and so forth. The thing that disturbs me (actually one of the things that disturbs me) is how you talk about the Illuminati using "mindless entertainment" as one of the ways to enslave people. That doesnt sit too well with me. Just what is wrong with entertainment even "mindless" ones? I mean so you dont like shows like Survivor or So You Think You Can Dance (these shows were mentioned in a few NWO essays addressing this issue). I dont like them either, but I see it as ultimately a matter of taste, I dont go so far as to suggest they're WRONG. So its pointless and distracts and its escapism, but isnt the same for reading Lord Of The Rings or watching the bats at night? What this suggests is that those within the "conspiracy theory/anti-illuminati/anti-NWO"-whatever belief system seems to be against the very idea of just having fun kicking back, enjoying life and a laugh. Anyway, please tell me a little more on your thoughts about the idea of entertainment.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by callmesheeple]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My ideal entertainment is to lay out in the desert or the mountains and watch the stars imagining what it would be like to be among them sailing into the unknown much like the earlier explorers wanting to know what was beyond the horizon. Don't do it much anymore as we have gotten older and less physically able but the memories and dreams are still there.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite...

In my humble opinion it has to do with shallowness, being devoid of human interaction and as you mentioned yourself, escapism and distraction.

But, I also suspect there is a more sinister plot that has to do with mind/brain entrapment (that flickering of the screen) keeping you glued to it while you are prostrated over your couch like a vegetable barely moving (or breathing) while you are stuffing your face with your favourite snack and pop (both "enriched" with additional hallucinogenic and mind numbing chemicals to keep you docile and glued to the screen).

Another aspect is the illusion, the lack of/disconnection from reality, which adds even more to the dangerous aspect of the whole engagement. Your belief system is being modified/re-programmed in the process without you even knowing.

It appears all to be about producing/maintaining obedient consumers who will not question anything and do as they are told by the "blabber box". Let's not forget the interruptions in the programming for all those oh-so-important advertisements/commercial announcements from "our sponsors" that come up every 7-15 minutes, and repeat at least three times during the show. Both the duration, break intervals and number of repeats have to do with subconscious programming, too. They've nailed this to a science now.

At least when reading the Lord of the Rings book, there's no (or lesser) hypnotic element and no interruptions with announcements from our sponsors. You can alway put the book down and just stare into the distance if you wish to relax your eyes or rest.

In all honesty, when you think about it, you are more likely to run into a human being and have some interaction while watching the Bats at night or reading Lord of the Rings, than being glued to the screen watching Survivor.

I'd like to also bring another (of many) issue here, while we are talking about "entertainment" and that is the care for well being of our "favourite" celebrities.

Over and over again, people are programmed to "worry" about the well being of their favourite celebrities. We are to be concerned for their health, happiness, material and social status, etc...

This artificial construct is disturbing because I believe that those people are not more important than you or I, so why should we give them (literally focus our intent and) our energies. They are robbing us from our life force that we could utilize in far better ways, such as the millions of hungry, ill and famine stricken people of this World.

Instead, these celebrities leech and live-off of those energies that the thousands (even millions) of mindless followers are sending them every moment. If these followers would re-focus their intent for just a day to other issues the World would change over night.

Sadly, that will not happen because of the "entertainment" programming, as noted above. People, en masse, need to finally snap out of it and get the grasp of things around them and being done to them...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by callmesheepleWhat this suggests is that those within the "conspiracy theory/anti-illuminati/anti-NWO"-whatever belief system seems to be against the very idea of just having fun kicking back, enjoying life and a laugh. Anyway, please tell me a little more on your thoughts about the idea of entertainment.

I still have some fun occasionally, but I really can't enjoy life to the full while on the back on my head, countless people around the world are suffering. The Western way of life isn't the norm, if we include all the people around the world, the standard of living goes way down miserably.

No one can tell me it's their fate and this is mine. It's become their fate because nobody cares about them anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here's the difference to me, a TV set shows you the picture, leaving nothing to the imagination, wheas reading a book, especially one like LOTR, challenges you to comprehend the words and create your own imaginitive interpretation.

In other words, reading stimulates the brain, TV shuts it off.

top topics

join