It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Bankcrupt 20k Gmt jobs going

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
TextI had a leak today from a veritable source saying that the irish government is planning a CULL of 20,000 public sector employees from Jan 09. Any one got any info on this as i have family in this sector. Unfortunately my source cant be revealed obviously, need I say more!

My thoughts are for the other people with families who are gonna spend lots of money on their kids and family in Dec not knowing that in Jan you may get a letter saying thanks but no thanks from your public sector employer and that your job may be gone

Kind of makes the pre xmas "your fired" worse.

In one way, nice they are keeping quiet to evade a bad xmas for the kids and families.....or.....do they want to keep us spending through till xmas.

THe Irish Government is way more deeper in the shat and is too scared to admit it at the moment i think. Also the Irish people will go mad knowing this is going on behind their backs.

Sorry i dont have any sources and all I can say is watch this space....unless your Irish and this affects you, then start to ask questions cos this is truth.

To recap

Public sector workers..........No jobs in jan once you spent your pay back into the coffers.

Albert F

[edit on 26-11-2008 by albertfothergill]

[edit on 26-11-2008 by albertfothergill]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I hope for your sake your source is wrong. Good luck. Unemployment is going up in most countries in this global recession. Here's a layoff tracker since Nov. 1, 2008, at America's 500 largest public companies:

What cities in Ireland employ the most gov't workers and do any of those cities have a history of public protests?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
the source is fromwithin wish i could say but not.

we,ll see watch this space

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
People should stop worrying

How about let's not lose job's
How about let's be positive
How about create job's
How about fuel the economy
How about NOT panick.

And get the C*** Cowen OUT. He is adisgrace to our country. Lounging around looking like he's going to fall asleep when he's supposed to be running the nation.

Brian Cown, get of your ass, take some responsbility as a leader. If your not able to be leader.

Hang the jacket, and go fish somehere.

I'm telling the Irish people personally. To seriously calm down. It's all mindset you have to change your mindset on the economy. It's either you want to look at the current situation positively or negatively, you decide.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

OK I said this would happen back in November and tonight, Cowen has said 2 billion will be saved by pay cuts in the government and semi sectors. I said from 9th of Jan I,m only 3 weeks out.

So 2 billion will be taken from workers to pay back the bankers and finance guys who made the tremendous feck up in the first place.

These culpable eejits are not being held responsible for their errors but the ordinary worker is. To top it all, Cowen, the Taiosach is not even putting it to a vote but has put it through the Dail this evening.

Democracy to the fat cat bankers as usual. Oh yes and also for the Irish members, Gerry Ryan!

Albert Fe****g not happy Fothergill

What do you make of this lads! My source told the truth so this has been planned since at least November. This means in a line of communication we are talking a few weeks or months of knowledge of this taking place. Not the sudden impact of economy the irish Gov is on about.

Conspiracy theory or conspiracy or down right taking us for a ride.

Awaiting your comments.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Told you so comes to mind! This is so serious!

Mods I want to change the title, this is 2-3 yrs old and this thread is correct.

Please change or tell me how to! In 2008 sources said Ireland would be in financial serious trouble and it is. I would like to change the title. 2008 estimate of IRL going down comes true!

Al
edit on 10-1-2011 by albertfothergill because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by albertfothergill because: For mods to change the thread title

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
bring this back to life. 2008 this thread started and 2010 it happened!

join