It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all Catastrophobic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Catastrophobia- Phobia that blocks the human mind, reduces intelligence and has profoundly retarded the progress of human evolution.

Do you think that we all fall victim to this phobia or are we really just informing ourselves of the so-called truth. Let's face it most of these threads have a negative and fearful tone in them, are we only feeding the fire?

When I first found this sight I looked at all the threads and read everything. I thought, " What the hell, I had no idea it was ever this bad. What I horrible world we all live in." It hit hard and I was scared, almost to the point where I thought I was going crazy. It is all I ever thought about. Two weeks later, I wan't afraid anymore. I think I was desensitized to the fact that all this may happend one day and I started reading more and more in-depth, especially about all the "doomsday" stuff.

I think now I feel more a peace and better informed than most.

What does everyone else think of this. Is this something it hurting us more than we think or even realize?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sounds about right to me. Except I would change the definition to..

Catastrophobia - The belief that the world is going to end based on no facts, scientific articles, historical references, or other. Best example is 2012 Nibiru truthers.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
many people in the US go about their lives thinking things are some what bad, but "no real big deal". So one good thing about ATS, is that it does make you think, and you get a clearer picture that things are not just some what bad, but really bad, and that there is a lot more going on behind closed doors than we think.

The danger about ATS, is that TPTB and anybody else with an agenda, with ill and not so ill intentions can infiltrate your mind and distort the truth. I think we should really try to find the TRUE meaning of the "doom and gloom" feeling in the air. I think I have found the truth of the matter, and I go from door to door sharing what I consider to be the truth. I'll post a link and share some of that truth with you...

www.watchtower.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar
many people in the US go about their lives thinking things are some what bad, but "no real big deal". So one good thing about ATS, is that it does make you think, and you get a clearer picture that things are not just some what bad, but really bad, and that there is a lot more going on behind closed doors than we think.

The danger about ATS, is that TPTB and anybody else with an agenda, with ill and not so ill intentions can infiltrate your mind and distort the truth. I think we should really try to find the TRUE meaning of the "doom and gloom" feeling in the air. I think I have found the truth of the matter, and I go from door to door sharing what I consider to be the truth. I'll post a link and share some of that truth with you...

www.watchtower.org...

You ought to check yourself into the god damn psych ward. My life kicks a$$. I chill here and talk about government conspiracys all day and drink coffee and watch YouTube and send out e-mails and just effin CHILL. If a mofo comet hits the planet tomarrow I'll be happy that I've been chillin like a playa rather than my knees shakin like a crack head.

In other words - would you rather spend your life worrying about the day you die or would you rather have a full, happy, normal life that you enjoyed until that blasted comet hits earth?

Holy Shiz Edited B-cuz I called you a Christian poster but that was most definitely a Jehovah's Witness site.

Still, my point is your link is of religious intention.

[edit on 11/26/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Some people read the Wall Street Journal and consider themselves informed. Some read their local paper and consider themselves informed.

I like to broaden my horizons.

I listen to the daily news, I read the newspaper daily. I also check into ATS daily to see what else is going on in the world.

I don't consider myself catastrophic.

I consider myself informed about a hell of a lot more than most people are informed about.

Plus it's fun.

top topics

join