It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caesar = Pope , Pope = Caesar ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have herd mention on more then one occasion that the ruling Pope has claimed that the title of Pope is the continuation in the line of Caesar of the Roman empire .
I new that at some time in the past that I herd a direct claim of this so I did a search and found this statement from Pope Boniface VIII
"The papal theory … made the Pope alone God’s representative on earth and maintained that the Emperor received his right to rule from St. Peter’s successor… It was upheld by Nicholas I., Hildebrand, Alexander III., Innocent III., and culminated with Boniface VIII. at the jubilee of 1300 when, seated on the throne of Constantine, girded with the imperial sword, wearing a crown, and waving a scepter, he shouted to the throng of loyal pilgrims: “I am Caesar—I am Emperor.” www.acts1711.com...

I found this a bit odd to be coming from a Pope . I then decided to look up the meaning of another word that the Pope uses , Pontiff .
"The Pontifex maximus was the leader of the pontifical college (collegium pontificum), the highest priestly order in the Roman state religion.

"The pontifical college was made up of the fifteen priests, flamines, each of whom served a single god or goddess. The flamines were also called pontiffs, or pontifices (sing. pontifex). "
"The last to hold the title of pontifex maximus under the Roman Republic were Julius Caesar (62-44 BCE) and M. Aemilius Lepidus (44-12 BCE). After Lepidus the title passed to Augustus, and henceforth the title of pontifex maximus would be a prerogative of the emperor. It remained so until the 5th century when it passed to the Pope, who have used the title ever since. " sights.seindal.dk...

It would seem that the term Pontiff was a term used by the highest ruling pagan priests in the Roman empire . It would seem that the title of pontifex maximus would be a title that the Emperor could assume at his prerogative .

I then did a search using the word Vatican to see what might come up . Once again I found something that seemed to be down right troubling ,
"The word 'vatican' comes from Latin and is a contraction of two words in the following way:
'Vatis' = 'profetic' or 'diviner' 'Can' = 'serpent/snake'
These two words combined make:
'the profetic- or made devine serpent' " gracehead.com...

It would seem to me that the title and seat of Pope has more to do with the Roman empire and its paganism and less to do with the continuing line of the apostle Petter , as claimed .

I am hoping that some of you out there might be able to shed some light on this matter of the Pope and the vatican regarding its history and foundation .

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It's a title, hardly even worth any concern today. Nobody really cares or should care. It was common in ancient times to use similar titles and carry over positions simply for cultural purposes and transitioning of command when the shtf. It's not like the Papacy is planning on raising an army and seizing control of Europe.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
an excerpt from Alonso Manuel Corral's Apostolic Letters, letter 5 written in 2005.

"By virtue of temporal power, as supreme head of the universe, the Pope possesses supreme authority over all humans. That is; over the members of the true church and over those outside her, without any exception, and possesses full power of dominion over all things. There is no excuse whatsoever for rejecting the authority of the Pope and deny him due submission and obedience. This must be absolute and unconditional that is in full acceptance of his infallable teachings, even to martyrdom if need be. The word of the Pope is the self same voice of God.
www.youtube.com...

Also, For research check out the Ecumenical Councils and the huge searchable database within.
www.ccel.org...

[edit on 26-11-2008 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You are probably correct. There is nothing Christian about catholicism, other than them throwing the word Jesus in every now and then. They are pagan to the core. Them's the facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Manuel Corral is the leader of the Palmarian Catholic Church which is in no way related to the Catholic Church of which the RCC is part.

Eric

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With all due respect sir you are wrong. It is very significant actually. To learn its significance one must be interested in and intent on studying Biblical Prophecy which is "History spoken in advance". The fact that the Pope is the modern day Caesar IS significant.

reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
But I've also heard that the "Black Pope" is more powerful than the "Pope".

Is this true? Anyone willing to discuss it?

And if so than how many more links in the chain of power are there?

What does it go on till aliens or what?
(A Sincere question - but funny to me)

I do find the trail of evidence somewhat bizarre. But my view is so limited in scope right now I can barely see .01% of historical information available.

And the worst part is there is like 99% historical information that is Unavailable.Lost through time because people don't record every aspect of their lives (for the majority of our history at least). And disasters or squalor, history disappears quickly.

So I admit I have no idea if Caesar = Pope. It seems quite possible.

I would lean towards yes based on precedent, and even consider the option that the leader of the Jesuits, the "Black Pope" controls him. I was just following the info available...with an openly scoped mindset.

It feels like a very sensitive topic though. But since it was never removed from ATS, it can't be that bad lol.

They obviously put the info up for me to read about.So TY for the disclosure efforts Vatican. Even if this stuff is still disinfo im getting crumbs.

Now please don't mind me, I'm going to continue researching about this.

new topics

top topics

join