It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDIC Adds 54 More Banks To Its 'Problem List'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

FDIC ADDS 54 MORE BANKS TO ITS 'PROBLEM LIST'

www.republicbroadcasting.org

Posted On: November 26th, 2008

Source: Breitbart.com

NEW YORK (AP) - The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said Tuesday the list of banks it considers to be in trouble shot up nearly 50 percent to 171 during the third quarter—yet another sign of escalating problems among the institutions controlling Americans' deposits.

The 171 banks on the FDIC's "problem list" encompass only about 2 percent of the nearly 8,500 FDIC-insured institutions. Still, the increase from 117 in the second quarter is sharp, and the current tally is the highest since late 1995.

"We've had profound problems in our financial markets that are taking a rising toll on the real economy," said FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair in a statement, adding that Tuesday's report "reflects these challenges."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps Title And To Shorten The Excess Quote. Please review The Following:

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 26-11-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So tell me, When will this end?......Do we bail out every bank and every tom, dick, and harry. It's kinda funny cause they say who needs money, then they get that monopoly printer and go to town. Man when that bubble burst, we will all be in a soup line. I don't know about you, but I can't help laughing........These people are stupid......They have gone way beyond tax payers money, now they are printing toilet paper, fake money, you name it and you guessed it, they will try to get it out off our pockets. Well mine are empty, so I guess they will take my shoes................lol..

www.republicbroadcasting.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow this makes it to my Freudian-Slip-of-the-Day:

FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair
"We've had profound problems in our financial markets that are taking a rising toll on the real economy..."

Hmm, I guess that means that those financial markets, and their profits and losses, are just fiat, eh, Sheila?

Jon

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Yeah, what I don't get, is, they only have to have a fraction of deposits compared to the greater amount they can lend out, they float loans one unto each other (money that they don't have otherwise as deposits) and call the next bank's promise to pay an asset, then when they lose money on that asset (money that only existed conceptually) the slave/taxpayer class has to sign over future earnings ( or promise to build pyramids ) from then on...it's not as if money that represents real human labor, seashells gathered or beaver skins, has caught on fire and been destroyed...real human labor is being captured and trapped in the future to cover for non-existent conceptual payments...So to speak, know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Soon, even slavery will not be enough. They will make inheritance illegal and take all the slaves estate at death.

Of course, this will not apply the those making the legislation keeping their spoils from the wars, FED, S&L, Tech, Housing, and Retirment funds in porpetual trusts that are not defined as estate will be worded for our use.

Even Dubai, it's unprecidented construction of world class structures is hurting.

They need a bailout as well. Will they cut in line on the big 3? I'm sure most of the profiteers have stakes in that fantasy land.

We are doomed to everlasting debt, Civil unrest and Global Control.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I guess with this monopoly money they can make all they want, But when that bubble burst, they will be in the same soup line as us........

new topics

top topics

join