It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reparations

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Look at you. You're pathetic. You want so bad for me to say that I support reparatoins so you can go into your racist diatribe and have the rest of the racists on this site cheer you. You are really pathetic. Well, I have somehting for you...

I DON'T SUPPORT REPARATIONS! I NEVER HAVE!

SO, go back into your dark dank backwater hole with the rest of your repugnant brethern and come up with a new plan.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm going to be totaly honest with you. What you say makes no sense. You said you feel as if we should pay. You used those words. How should we pay in a way that does not constitute reparations? Please let me know what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Seapeople, under a different alias, I have been frequented this site for a bit longer than you, and I've been able to see colonels transformation first hand. He started off as a flamer, and, slowly but surely, became the humunculoid that virtually hulks before you today, a pitiful hateful thing that stalks this section of the site, a true troll. His hypocrisy and ability to shout people down with his lunacy iis his trademark.

But back to the topic. Reparations should never be payed simply because they have never been payed in such a way before. Seeker of brings up the important point; if any people deserve reparations, it would be the Native Americans.

And colonel, how should the average american "pay", as you so eloquently put it, if you don't believe in monetary reimbursment?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
colonel you should really work for propoganda, you do such a good job of spewing mindless liberal BS!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I guess colonel won't reply to that becuase he truly doesn't know what he is talking about. Again, I will say this. Colonel, you said that we should pay for 400 years of oppression. Myself and others have called you out on this statement. Why don't you give us a chance to see where you are coming from. How should we "PAY"?

Are you happy living in america? Maybe you feel like it would be easier living in the "Mother Land". I don't know where your beef with the very people who gave you freedom comes from, but it is misguided along with most every other thought I have heard from you. There are still slaves in the world today. You should focus your hatred and anger towards the people who are enslaving people today. Otherwise, you are a hypocrit that is just looking for a handout from americans with money. There is no other way to look at it. If you hate it here in america so bad......go to another country where things are better.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't reply to you because I don't like you. Furthremore, "white" people never gave me my freedom so shut the # up.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I don't reply to you because I don't like you. Furthremore, "white" people never gave me my freedom so shut the # up.

What are you implying? Please explain to me why you do not complain about the abuse of people in other countries. Why are you not as passionate about the treatment of women? You said we should pay, How????? Why can't you answer us that?

I know why. You are a hypocrit honestly. You don't know the answer. Life is the way it is. You are correct when you say that white people didn't give you freedom. You were born with it. A long time ago people used to force you to do stuff. Those people are dead in this country. I never had a slave. You act as if I should be guilty for what others have done. What a stupid and moronic thing to imply. It is an indicator of the level of thought you put into things.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
What are you implying? Please explain to me why you do not complain about the abuse of people in other countries.

BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED ABOUT MY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY! WHY ARE YOU BUGGING ME!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

What are you implying? Please explain to me why you do not complain about the abuse of people in other countries.

BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED ABOUT MY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY! WHY ARE YOU BUGGING ME!

Ok, seriously then. Explain all of your concerns. I want to hear them.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I guess there were no concerns. I really didn't think there were any. I just wanted to make sure.

This is the typical ravings from a man with a chip on his shoulder. Colonel has one, and he really doesnt know why unfortunatly. I hope someday he realizes that he has it pretty good...as well as any other person on this board I am sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Ok fine.

Affermative Action is not racist because intent has a good portion in that claim.

AA was a program established in a time most young disgruntled white boys weren't alive to remember and don't recognize the intensity of what was going on less than 40 years ago.

The program has worked although I think at this stage in the game, the true victims are those who are in poor areas (rural as well as Urban).

The schools recieve money mostly from the personal property tax in the area, which means the richer the area the richer/better the schools.

This transends race and in the transition period in which I would like to see national and state school reform on a major scale, I would propose that AA be afforded for college to areas that have been lackluster in performance and ability.

As for AA in the workplace, I find that minorities have quite a bit of legal power in the past 15 years at least. I don't feel that blanket policies apply any more, but rather to let the judicial system take care of the individual problems (which incidentally I think they are already taken to the courts, not always successfully though).

That's my thoughts.

As for WET. If you get Cable, your TV channels are not even as "diverse" as our country it.

Most everything is white entertainment television, unless you see Friends, Martha Stewart, M.A.S.H, Cheers, and Extreme Makeovers as "ethnic" shows.

The keyword is "40 years ago". Thats right it was 40 years ago. Look we live in a place where our decisions impact our life, not our color anymore. Affirmative action is no longer required. Its just an excuse to let some underqualified kids into school. Im not saying that all are underqualified, but some take advantage.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I guess colonel won't reply to that becuase he truly doesn't know what he is talking about. Again, I will say this. Colonel, you said that we should pay for 400 years of oppression. Myself and others have called you out on this statement. Why don't you give us a chance to see where you are coming from. How should we "PAY"?

Are you happy living in america? Maybe you feel like it would be easier living in the "Mother Land". I don't know where your beef with the very people who gave you freedom comes from, but it is misguided along with most every other thought I have heard from you. There are still slaves in the world today. You should focus your hatred and anger towards the people who are enslaving people today. Otherwise, you are a hypocrit that is just looking for a handout from americans with money. There is no other way to look at it. If you hate it here in america so bad......go to another country where things are better.

I agree seapeople. There are TRUE MINORITIES like asian americans. Blacks should no longer be considered a minority, they are a very large portion of the functioing society, and have no instituionalized oppression keeping them down. The only people holding them back are themselves. Oh and by the way im not white.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
And an instance of actual drama: The OJ Simpson case. That SOB was guilty and everyone knows it, and he is being let off the hook for being black. The purpose of the criminal system is to punish people for their actions, so what if the detectives messed up a little here and there, they were trying to keep society safer by keeping a murder off the street. Another incident: The rodney king beating. He deserved every hit, he stole a car and lead police in a high speed chase endangering the lives of many innocent individuals. If that SOB had stolen my car i would be glad that the police gave him the @sswhooping of a lifetime. Im not sure if he paid the owner of the car for damages or not, but he should have to if he did not. Then the police should have visited his mother and beat her too for not teaching is live in 40 year old son some proper manners in life. His court costs should have been billed back to his family and him. That will greatly reduce crime in our society.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
After sitting here and reading this thread start to finsh a few points come to mind.
ATS is sooooooooo much better off without colonel.

What is wrong with pro-white?
Anti-black is wrong, anti-jew is wrong, but pro-white does not mean either.
I am proud to be white what of it? Don't I have a right to be as proud of my heritage as anybody else?

Why is racism allowed torwards anyone? Isnt black on white racism just as bad as white on black?

The whole AA debate reminds me of the california ebonics debate, personally I think both policies imply that Blacks are less capable than whites

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join