It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Sightings

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've just read from where I left off last night, I wanted to post numerous times but forced myself to get to the end of page 12!

I agree with cargo in the sense that Bobbo's story hasn't got proof for us; however I believe him. Call it human faith.
As for John Smith, I can understand you're faith isn't leaping as far and you want proof, fair doos...But you were personally attacking him and trying to discredit all of his information, which I think was uncalled for; as for the CAT scans and heating systems, he's vouched for that. And the price of CAT scans vary, like everything else, so you can't go around using that one, and it doesnt seem you've actually ever had one, and I have.

So therefore I come to the conclusion (a simple one at that) is that if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all.

And Bobbo, if in fact (Which I believe you are dear, 100% at this time) telling the truth, ignore the annoying twirp and continue with this interesting story, or use the ignore button!)

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have to agree there Bobbo is telling the truth - I belive you man!

JohnSmith's faith in Bobbo has deteriorated during this thread, he started off wanting to help and now he's just winding us all up

Keep us posted Bobbo!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

so i've gotten rid of one, but may have gained another.

What makes you say that Bobbo? If it'd happened to me then I'd presume it was the same one...

As M said, keep us posted!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
I've just read from where I left off last night, I wanted to post numerous times but forced myself to get to the end of page 12!

I agree with cargo in the sense that Bobbo's story hasn't got proof for us; however I believe him. Call it human faith.
As for John Smith, I can understand you're faith isn't leaping as far and you want proof, fair doos...But you were personally attacking him and trying to discredit all of his information, which I think was uncalled for; as for the CAT scans and heating systems, he's vouched for that. And the price of CAT scans vary, like everything else, so you can't go around using that one, and it doesnt seem you've actually ever had one, and I have.

So therefore I come to the conclusion (a simple one at that) is that if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all.

And Bobbo, if in fact (Which I believe you are dear, 100% at this time) telling the truth, ignore the annoying twirp and continue with this interesting story, or use the ignore button!)

LadyCool21, You wrapped it up

Bobbo, u can't tell me that u can't even borrow a camera,
even a film camera, SLR type. You say the majority of your
neighbours are elderly, which would say to me, Photo Albums!!
And then politely(sp) ask if you could see the camera.

THEN PINCH IT AND TAKE A FCUKIN' PHOTO...
of your whatever it is.
I'm not even going into the, i can't get 2 a scanner bit.

Kudos, JOHNsmith...We want pics.

S.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I came down fairly hard, all of a sudden, but I stand by it. Im getting frustrated by the lack of material used to back up stories here.

I only defend JohnSmith's request for photo's and other reliable support materials. If you feel he is being an ass on top of that then I don't support that, but I don't really see it myself either. I mean this thread is 13 pages long and we've got nothing but an interesting tale. That is obviously very frustrating to people here.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why thankyou, sanctum *takes a bow*
I'll be here all week!

I agree that not having a scanner at hand from anyone is slightly odd...public library perhaps, Bobbo?

But Cargo, it hasn't really been frustrating for people at all so far, we've just been wanting to hear the latest happenings; some people need more proof then others to believe I suppose, but whatever his reasons; we can only choose to believe, or not to, based on what evidence he can give. And if he can't give you photo's, then I'd suggest you move onto another interesting thread that can.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thats my point. For a Paranormal Studies forum there is not a lot to study is there? It's not a Ghost Story forum, I'm here to do some study and reach conclusions.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I came down fairly hard, all of a sudden, but I stand by it. Im getting frustrated by the lack of material used to back up stories here.

I only defend JohnSmith's request for photo's and other reliable support materials. If you feel he is being an ass on top of that then I don't support that, but I don't really see it myself either. I mean this thread is 13 pages long and we've got nothing but an interesting tale. That is obviously very frustrating to people here.

OK. So, Bobbo... I see LC21, JOHNSmith, cargo and 'Moi',
all just asking 4 a jpeg...just a little one.
S.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't normally go into the ghost field, I've had some bad experiences (not to wig you out or anything Bobbo lol), but this caught my eye.

I agree with what LadySG said earlier, taking a pic to prove himself might not be top of his list; and like I said before you don't have to read it he can't provide the evidence you're looking for.

I stick with what I said before, Bobbo could perhaps get a disposable camera, take a picture, and scan it at the local library; however the 'thing' seems to have gone as far as he/we are aware. But if he can't then I have no problem that, I don't need a photo. Besides, it won't show up will it? And the only person that reckons they could get it to show up was JohnSmith, and I wouldn't give him a penny, never mind a photo of the paronormal in my house (If I were Bobbo).

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Not meaning to double post and babble, but can we get off the whole picture topic, he's not here, when he is, and if he can, he will provide a picture; mean while, I don't want to be involved in turning what was an excellent thread into a really really crappy one because of a hell of alot of sceptisism.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Bobbo, I quote a phrase from your first post...
was sitting near the computer looking out the window, so i grabbed my digitial camera- which doesn't work with my computer, but would at least let me see an instantaneous photo- and i hoped i could get the person on film, because i really thought they were breaking into my car, so this would at least be a lead of some sort for the cops. well, when the picture popped up on the LCD screen, there was no person. my car was in frame, the passenger door was too, yet the person was not there. so i put the camera down, and looked back towards the car- and i could still see the person with my naked eye. i called my sister to the window, and asked if she knew the person near my door- she said "what person?". i shrugged it off, not wanting to seem nuts, and just said, "oh they must have walked up the street".

'so i grabbed my digital camera'. Did u click when u saw whatever
was in the lcd (parked car etc). If so where is the memory card?
S.

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Geez JOHNSmith, cargo and sanctum you guys are so sceptical - if you had read the whole thread you'd have seen that his cam dosn't work with his pc, but can take pictures - just to fill you in it used to work on his old windows but when he upgraded to XP it stopped working....

originally posted by M
but when he upgraded to XP it stopped working

if i am right here it is the drivers - download Service Pack 1 or buy it with a magazine

Originally posted by sanctum
S.

sanctum - not all digital cams have memory cards - although well thought up

Bobbo - parhaps if it has a slot you can buy a card (only a cheap one) buy a card reader (also cheap) and then use that...

Now - JOHNSmith, cargo and sanctum (maybe LC21) dont get me wrong - there's always two sides to every story and this one certainly needs an opposition BUT dont bother ruining this very interesting thread....

Any way if Bobbo is making this up he (or maybe even a she) is a big loser! however i hope that he is not making this up - i hope

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by M]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

S.

sanctum - not all digital cams have memory cards - although well thought up

Bobbo - parhaps if it has a slot you can buy a card (only a cheap one) buy a card reader (also cheap) and then use that...

Now - JOHNSmith, cargo and sanctum (maybe LC21) dont get me wrong - there's always two sides to every story and this one certainly needs an opposition BUT dont bother ruining this very interesting post....

Any way if Bobbo is making this up he (or maybe even a she) is a big loser! however i hope that he is not making this up

I think Bobbo has created a great thread, but at 13 pages i think
it's fair to ask for an image of some type.
S.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im no sceptic. But Im not naive either.

This thread is significant in that it is happening as we speak, dynamically and on the fly - rather than a "This is what happened to me 10 years ago" story.

I already said I've given bobbo the benefit of the doubt but that also requires him to give a little back in return. Wouldn't you agree?

Personally, I don't think anything will come of this. But at least I've made my point about providing material to aid in the study of particular cases. Otherwise it's just another hollow campfire yarn really.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well harhumphldinkers I just said can we quit this so we don't ruin the whole thread, so that throws the me ruining it out the window!

Anyway, whatever happens, you may as well quit asking for pictures ten dozen times, he's not online at the mo people, just wait until he does!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To address the schizophrenic part of this:

Firstly schizophrenia is HIGHLY misunderstood! Its is NOT mulitple personalities or a split personlaity!
It is a basket case of many different conditions such as:
Delusions (thinking u are Mohammeds left buttock or something of that nature), Anxiety, Voices (the most common) often called auditory hallucinations and visual hallucinations.

If you are only seeing this appariation without ANY voices in your head, and NO basic delusion..and if you suffer from NO general anxiety then you are NOT schziophrenic !! It must be remebered that 99% of the time a schizophrenics hallucinations will involve part of their delusion, ie a girl thinks she is the mother of jesus and has relgious visuals from this delusion. Someone who is schizophrenic and has delusions of space ships may see greys etc, but if relgion plays NO part in their delusional thinking then they WILL NOT see Jesus etc.

I have a close friend who is schizophrenic and family members who work in Mental health..plus an ex shrink for a gf so i have some insight into thsi side of the discussion.

Finally I think from what i know if a guy was seeing a visual like that on and off for that ammount of time..pretty soon you would reach the point of a psychotic break. People who are mentally ill and see stuff like that are usually totally manic by that stage, arent even eating properly and can be clearly and easily identified as mentally ill, incoherent speach etc.

Seeing as you are able to rationally describe what you are witnessing and see totally balanced i doubt you are schziophrenic.

Finally if this is an April fools joke or just a joke then i suggest you find better ways to pass your time, maybe volunterring at your local mental institution to see how much fun it really is!

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think Bobbo has created a great thread, but at 13 pages i think
it's fair to ask for an image of some type.
S.

Hmm True but what Lady Cool sez is true too lets just wait and he'll probably - maybe get us a picture today if those checks have cleared(hopefully maybe)

To TruthStrgnrThanFiction:
We've already established that he's not skitsophrenic (sp?) because his sister/mother has noticed the smell and dog/cat is scared of going into the same room

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by M]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
'Course I'm bloody right, I'm always right!

I'm Lady
(minus the goatee), waiting game now, although I'm not the waiting sort...anyone know what time zone he's on?

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

anyone know what time zone he's on?

sure, New york i think err.... take 5 hours from UK time GMT take 6 from GMT + 1 etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by M

anyone know what time zone he's on?

sure, New york i think err.... take 5 hours from UK time GMT take 6 from GMT + 1 etc. etc.

Niagra Falls. NY. lol Just type Bobbo into member search,
S.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join