It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by deltaboy

Fact is, they could have killed many, many more Westerners, if they were so inclined.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

I think you mean..."If THAT had been their primary objective".

Considering how well trained and equipped these attackers were, it is logical to assume that if the mass killing of "Westerners" were their primary objective, we would have seen a Much higher death toll amoung Brits and Americans (especially Americans!).

If the US had intel ( or even, suspicions) on this operation prior to its execution, nothing seems to have been passed on to the Indian government. Curiously similar to what is believed to have occurred between US intel agencies and the US government prior to the 9/11 disaster.

One would have thought that they would have learned their lesson before this.

Could it have been decided to let this terror "play out" since Americans weren't going to be at particular risk?

And to that, depite early reports of the terrorists seeking to identify the Brits and Americans amoung their numerous hostages, it appears that remarkedly few of those so identified, have come to harm.

Dare I say, it is almost as if the terrorists were attempting to sequester them in "protective custody"!

Very,very strange!

If the upshot of this tragedy is that Pakistan, in an effort to avoid US-supported Indian reprisals, allows free-er US "anti-terror" operations within its borders, then from the US standpoint, the terror attacks in Mumbai have served a "positive" purpose toward a larger goal.

If the upshot is a regional war, even if that war results in a Limited nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan, well... That too could be worked in the US's favor.

Win/Win for the US

Such is how the game of Geopolitical Economics is played.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peanutbutter

Why can't people just get along?! Jesus H! You speak as if people just decide one day: "Hey, I'm going to blow myself up."... That is proposterous.
Land disputes are deadly. Always have been, always will be.
It is quite obvious that if the Governments cannot come to a peaceful accord over the Kashmir region, this stuff is going to continue.
and simply blaming the other side isn't going to resolve anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Who knows, perhaps just killing a few Americans is good enough to hide their evil ways. Whether it was a dozen or a few hundred, they succeeded eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Yes, I have been hinting at that. Westerners don't appear to have been their order.
And as far as the situation being a win/win for the U.S., it appears to be so. We have a stated goal of wanting to further our activity in Pakistan. This is almost assuredly to happen now, as this study suggests www.nowpublic.com... ...
So yeah, we are in agreement. Now I'm still curious as to who exactly was behind it. I believe that the American Government is in a position to gain from this, but there isn't any evidence implicating them... Nay, they allowed it to happen, if they knew anything about it at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
three cheers for the Indian Special Forces, who finished off these human filth.

This was an unprecidented event, in style, and in how it took place over time.

1 billion Indians are now aware of the threat of Islamo-Fascists...

These days will be echoed through out history.

The fight against Islamo-Fascism has become 1 billion stronger

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

No no no, it has to be the U.S. govt. This attack was too sophisticated, too well planned, only few Americans killed. No Islamic terrorist group are this smart to be able to commit such a well planned attack. I mean come one, a few gunmen laying seige to a city? My bet is the CIA paramilitary. Islamic terrorists are too stupid and they usually blow themselves up killing a few people. Not running around and capable of killing hundreds. Islamic terrorists don't know how to shoot straight. They usually spray and pray.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Actually we welcomed you to the fight in 2001.

We have been dealing with this crap for the last thousand years.

Its only just now that the media has bothered to focus on it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I'm not going that route unless I see some sort of evidence.
I also don't think that this sort of thing is outside the realm of possibility for anyone outside the US government. With enough dilligent planning, anyone with sufficient military training could pull this off.
At the same time, I would like to reiterate that this WAS pulled off by people with a reasonably high level of training.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Agreed. The planning and implementation while difficult, is not beyond a terrorist cells capability. The Indian police were outgunned and appeared to have less than half the training of these guys. I don't doubt that anyone with some solid military training could have pulled this off. The disturbing element is that so many seem to have escaped. The real question, as Jay has stated, is who is going to gain from all this? At the moment it appears that many groups could have gained.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I can only come up with one group that is definately going to lose out in this situation. What happens next will be very telling, though.
The Pakistani Government is going to get the raw end of the deal here, almost certainly. The US will move into Pakistan. The terrorist groups, unless they are completely erradicated (don't hold your breath there) are going to succeed in their agenda of keeping Pakistan unstable, thus a safe haven for their base of operations. India is going to retaliate against Pakistan and lets just see if they use this to put a clamp down on Kashmir... It is sounding like a win/win for America, India and the terrorists. A lose/lose for Pakistan.

I've said it before in regards to Iraq and I'll say it again. Democratic governments don't work when they are being implemented in feudalist regions.
Oh yeah, and as someone else said way back, this is going to work wonders for LeT, or whomever's, recruitment. These gunmen will be seen as legends in those circles.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You have to remember that the terrorists have a nice safe haven in NWFP and Waziristan.

It is in their interests to keep the state of Pakistan sovereign and strong, since Pakistani sovereignty is the only thing stopping the USA carpet bombing those border regions.

I don't know who stands to gain from this whole episode, but Im sure we will soon find out. It certainly supports Obama's calls for a Pakistan-centric focus on the war on terror. Obviously being a partisan Indian, I support that policy

Despite any criticisms of US foreign policy, I think its clear that Afghanistan has moved on leaps and bounds since the USA invaded. Pakistan is on the verge of failure and implosion- perhaps US intervention might not be such a bad idea... numerous terrorists behind bars/ dead, a more stable law and order situation in Pakistan etc etc. A stable Pakistan is what we all desire after all.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If the Kashmiri Muslims or Hindus don't want to be "Indian", they can sell their land and move elsewhere...
Instead they get greedy(something about 70 virgins i hear...) and periodically choose to blow themselves up(taking those around them as well).
And i'm not blaming anyone, just stating the facts as they are.
Kashmir(all of it) is a part of India. Just read the history books.

If India were to give Kashmir up to the terrorists, then the terrorists next demand would be Orissa, followed by West-Bengal...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by peanutbutter]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Well, if that is the truth, it only makes the question even more compelling. If it is American movement into Pakistan you are hoping for, I would say there is a decent chance you'll get your wish.
However, I'm not at all convinced that would be a good thing. I have a feeling that country would just EXPLODE (I mean this very literally) with violence if that were to happen. The newly elected Government would be targetted by the terrorists CERTAINLY, setting the stage for the US to put another puppet in place...

That only lasts long enough for the Americans to leave the region. Then that new government would be ousted and you'd be back at square one.

But I'm speculating like 10 steps ahead now. Like you said, best to just wait and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by peanutbutter

Hey, I'm not saying that India should just give Kashmir over to the Muslims. Just that something needs to happen to stop the violence. Pointing your finger at the other side saying "it's your fault" WILL NOT settle a land dispute.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I hope Kashmir isn't turned over to the muslims. Pulling a Spain and letting the terrorists win is the dumbest thing a nation can do.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

There is very little chance of that happening. Especially now. India will use this to their advantage in the Kashmir region. I would almost bet on it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"We found bullets with them, hand grenades, bombs," R.R. Patil, deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state, said at a news conference. "Based on our investigation, we believe they had planned to kill 5,000 people." Indian authorities also were investigating whether some of the attackers may have gotten away, blending into Mumbai's 18 million residents.

Link

The toll is expected to rise as authorities count the casualties inside the Taj Mahal Hotel, whose burned-out lobby was littered with shards of glass.

Does that mean that they have yet to count casualties in this hotel? If so I think the death toll may even double.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Some of the reports early on indicated that the stairwells were possibly littered with bodies. If that is the case, you can bet your bottom dollar the official toll is much higher. However, whether we find out or not is another story.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wonder how long this Ajmal Mohammed Amir Kasab has to live now he has pointed the finger at pakistan instead of revealing who he really works for . I see a lee harvey oswald event in the near future , or died under interrogation . Interesting he stayed at this Nariman house too , in the guise of a malaysian student . A Chabad house that .. takes in Israeli backpackers . Interesting too that Rabbi and his wife getting killed , wonder what they would have had to say about their 'guests' .

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Either that or you just won't hear anything else from him... The stage is being set right now for serious action along India's Western border. See here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join