It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

A NSG commando shows victory sign as he looks out
from a window of the Taj Hotel.
Courtesy: Indian Express

Enter the Pak Navy!

New info disclosed by the captured Pakistani terrorist:

The terrorist group was given specialized training in two camps of the Lashkar-e-Toiba under the ISI.

They were trained by the Pakistan Navy in Marine navigation.

Part of the group was then prepositioned in Mumbai for carrying out recon a few weeks before D-Day. They had rented an apartment nearby.

One of the terrorists was a Yemeni. Two were British nationals of Pakistani origin. (Not confirmed).

SIM cards of Pakistan found. Communication between the terrorists holed up in the Taj and their commanders in Jalalabad (Pakistan) was intercepted through sigint. Transcripts will be made available in due course.

The terrorist nabbed by the Mumbai Police has been identified as Azam Ameer Qasab, a 21-year-old Pakistan national, a resident of Faridkot in Chipalpura Taluka of Ukhad Zilla in Pakistan's Punjab and is believed to have admitted that he is a Lashkar-e-Toiba operative, who has received training in LeT camps and given specialized training by Pakistan's ISI.

And Pakistan denies any involvement in this carnage?

CIA's Deputy Director Stephen R Kappes, who went to Islamabad in July, gave Pakistan's top officials information that the Directorate of Inter Services Intelligence had strengthened its ties with some of these outfits which were responsible for a renewed surge of violence in Afghanistan, including the suicide bombing of the Indian Embassy in Kabul earlier that month.

Kappes' visit to Pakistan was intended to send a blunt message to the authorities to restrain the ISI from being hand-in-glove with militant outfits, including Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad, which almost openly functioned under various garbs in areas ranging from Muridke (LeT headquarters near Lahore) to Muzaffarabad in Pak-occupied Kashmir, informed sources said.

More later.

www.indianexpress.com...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If pakistan wants to declare war, why cant they just launch a strike straight away? Why waste these precious men that you have painstakingly trained? I mean why should they send in a company of guys when they can send a brigade over?

It doesnt make sense to me since the only thing that they have achieved is to put India on high alert.

Doesnt sound right to me.... unless there is something happening behind the scenes

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

Because in every "formal" war engagement, India has blasted Pakistan out of the water. Token will no doubt dispute this and claim that "cow worshippers" can't ever defeat the "mighty Pakistani army"... but check the facts for yourself and you will see who has come out victorious each time!

The ISI is undoubtedly behind this, since they have the most to gain from the perpetual state of rivalry between India-Pakistan.

The civilian government has recently moved to curtail the power of the ISI, which it is clear they are incapable of (since Gilani's order to send the chief of the ISI was overturned!).

Hence the ISI uses terrorist strikes to create:

1. Economic disruption

2. Fear, hence damaging tourism and business

3. Ratchet up tension so that the Pak govt increases the ISI budget

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Because in every "formal" war engagement, India has blasted Pakistan out of the water. Token will no doubt dispute this and claim that "cow worshippers" can't ever defeat the "mighty Pakistani army"... but check the facts for yourself and you will see who has come out victorious each time!

The ISI is undoubtedly behind this, since they have the most to gain from the perpetual state of rivalry between India-Pakistan.

The civilian government has recently moved to curtail the power of the ISI, which it is clear they are incapable of (since Gilani's order to send the chief of the ISI was overturned!).

Hence the ISI uses terrorist strikes to create:

1. Economic disruption

2. Fear, hence damaging tourism and business

3. Ratchet up tension so that the Pak govt increases the ISI budget

With regard to your post above I dont understand:
1) what is the difference between a formal or informal war engagement
2) Even if Indian keep winning wars, how is it relevant to this incident?
3) Either way, a pre-emptive strike still put people on the defensive and they can trace it to you anyway

4) Is token the name of a person?
I will appreciate it if you can make put some links. thanks.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by hitmen]

[edit on 29-11-2008 by hitmen]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

‘Mumbai attack may trigger Indian military response’

US officials fear that should the firm evidence emerge that the Mumbai Terror attacks were planned and directed from within Pakistan, it would certainly escalate tension between the neighbouring countries and could also provoke an Indian military response, even strikes against militants, a media report said on Saturday.

Indian Express

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Yes! Enough is enough and India needs to respond! Those terrorist have killed more than 300 people including Americans, British, Israeli etc. And they need to respond NOW in self defense. This is a brazen attack by Pakistan on the sovereignty of India which is unacceptable. This is an act of WAR. Period!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

"an eye for an eye makes the world blind" the father of your nation was saying

why are you so thirsty for revenge ?

because of what the media are telling the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by infinite

This is a brazen attack by Pakistan on the sovereignty of India which is unacceptable. This is an act of WAR. Period!

This is not an attack on by the Pakistani state. Since the Pakistanis got rid of Musharraf, the wests favoured dictator in chief, the US has been going out of it's way to demonise Pakistan and has stepped up attacks against targets inside Pakistans territory. This whole attack just seems a little convenient and fishy. Pakistan gains nothing from it, in fact, it's a gift to those who want to destroy the Pakistani leadership.

The whole thing stinks.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Related?

Translation anybody?

Video Title: Deccan Mujahideen

Posted Nov. 5th, 2008

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/29/08 by makeitso]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
news reports said that bombs were planted in the building even boefore the terrorists came and they wanted to kill 5000 people!!

still no word on the 2 US intel dead
reduction of security in the hotel 1 week before the attack.

this is definately fishy

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What is Pakistan trying to hide?

PAKISTAN DOES U-TURN, NOT TO SEND ISI CHIEF

Islamabad, Nov 29: The Pakistan government has done an about turn on its earlier promise to send Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Director-General Lt Gen Ahmed Shujaa Pasha to India in connection with the probe into the terrorist strikes in Mumbai.

After a late night meeting between Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, it was decided that a representative of the intelligence agency would travel to India.

Zeenews

With the news that Pakistan navy was giving training exercises to these terrorists, India has the right (under International Law) to retaliate against Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Related?
Translation anybody?
Video Title: Deccan Mujahideen

Thanks for posting that. Definitely someone's propoganda piece. Are a lot of the shots from Iraq and Afghanistan?

This was obviously fairly low quality, but that type of music video is very very common in the middle east. In Iran the government stations show similar videos (though with better video clips) showing various scenes of conflict, and often mothers crying over wounded children in the hospital. Really emotional stuff, my god if stuff like that were shown on American TV (of American kids blown up) we would go absolutely nuts in response.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

because as of today, they would lose a conventional armed conflict with India in a matter of days.. They don't have the money or capability to run a war with India now..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It has to be covert and not overt like 2001. no massive troop movements etc etc.. Those only incur tense responses from everyone else.

Precision strikes and cleaner operations. I honestly don't know if the Indian Armed Forces are prepped for carrying that out cleanly..
They need solid intel which I doubt they have..
Will they go on what this captured terrorist says?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
let america invade Pakistan
we r heading towards a world depression
India has an inflation problem

not the time

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That cannot be Deccan Mujahideen.. that is arabic.. nobody native to India speaks Arabic..

That is not even Pak origin.. that is pure MiddleEast stuff ..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Inflation's down.. but yes there is never a 'right' time to go to over.. The ones going to war look at it as an inevitabliiy..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yea!! They were probably afraid that if they sent him , he'd be slapped with so many charges that he'd never come back!!

They must be sending a total stoogie who cannot commit to anything and doesn't know much..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think the best option right now would be caution.

Over the last three days there has been misinformation released by India (probably because they knew each cell was monitoring the news), and massive confusion over who was involved, how they arrived, how many there were, what their motives were. Everything is open to question.

In my view, I think they would be justified in attacking the Pakistani military machine if a link is proven. But then you have to consider what that would result in; further retaliation, creation of more terrorist groups, destabilization of the region, more attacks of this nature on India.

I don't think an all-out war is going to happen.
They should be working together to prevent this in the future, with India maintaining intelligence on Pakistan generally.

It would be more cost-effective to bolster relations, increase intelligence and secure major cities, than it would be to start a military conflict with another nation.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

So, T0ken, I have seen u on Indian lunar probe thread as well, condemning India. I knw u r one anti-India jerk.

India has been a victim of Islamic terrorism since Medieval Ages and Renaissance period!

Please! Your comments seem to be inflammatory and in bad taste. Every one knows who destroyed the Temples of India and built their Mosques. everyone knows who destroyed buddha's statues in Afghanistan. Just shut up.
why is it that the every other guy I met from Pakistan has a beleaguered and lame logic? Blatant lying and truncation of the truth? Stating only half the truth to suit their own agenda's?

This is not a hate website or hate forum, so kindly go to some bl!@#$% stormfront or islamic forums to spread this poison and hate mongering!
Dont blame me for this rant, coz u started splashing the mud first!

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join