It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Object Passes Behind Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is a very interesting video from NASA's SOHO. It depicts a massive object coming into frame on the right side of the sun and slowly moving towards it....

I am not sure how credible the source is but what is said in reference to this video is as follows:

...A massive object was filmed approaching our sun beteewn NOV 23-25 . The object or UFO is disk like or possibly a small planetary object reflecting the suns rays. This object has already been slated as possibly Nibiru or Planet X . It may also be a huge Mothership....Reports say that people feel it also may be the Planet Venus however the data shows that the Sun actually flares out at this object. This UFO or object is huge approxiamate estimate is 80 kilometres or 50 miles wide.

Artcle source: Here

I tend to agree that this looks like it could be Mercury or Venus, Interesting non-the-less...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It could very well be a very small and slow object very close to the SOHO, eh?

Found some info on SOHO's orbit:

SOHO is in orbit between the Earth and the Sun. It is about 150,703,456 kilometers (92 million miles) from the Sun and only about 1,528,483 Kilometers (1 million miles) from the Earth (three times farther than the moon). This orbit is around a mathematical point between the Earth and the Sun known as the Lagrange point or the L1 point. The L1 point is a point of equilibrium between the Earth's and Sun's gravitational field, that is to say that the pull is equal from both the Sun and the Earth. The L1 point is a point of unstable equilibrium (like a bowl round side up with a marble balanced on it). As a result, we have to compensate for perturbations due to the pull of the planets and the Earth's moon. Every few months we use a little fuel to fine tune our orbit and keep it from getting too far off track. This is known as "station keeping manoeuvres"

Source

So I suppose since SOHO is also moving in a somewhat synchronous modified Earth/Sun L1 orbit, the object could even have been relatively stationary and SOHOs movement could have given it the appearance of motion over a 3 day period.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well I thought that as well but right at the end of the video you can see it disappear behind the sun...

Edit: Ehh well i guess it could just pass behind the Filter that blocks the sun

[edit on 26-11-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That's a common object. I forget what exactly it is but I know this exact object has been debunked as a UFO or Nibiru about 1000 times.

It's either a planet or Alpha Centauri can't remember which one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
looks like it's causing that big flar too. hehe wtf do i know.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hmm yea right bigger than the sun, and not one human notices it when they look up at the sky? LMAO

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Edit: Ehh well i guess it could just pass behind the Filter that blocks the sun

I think you correctly corrected yourself. Cant get my head wrapped around a mothership of ANY kind but good video nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

Thanks for sharing, ExistenceUnknown, this is a sequence taken from SOHO LASCO C2 (the link will bring you straight to the latest image): there's a "disk like" object right now too

...A massive object was filmed approaching our sun beteewn NOV 23-25 . The object or UFO is disk like or possibly a small planetary object reflecting the suns rays. This object has already been slated as possibly Nibiru or Planet X . It may also be a huge Mothership....Reports say that people feel it also may be the Planet Venus however the data shows that the Sun actually flares out at this object. This UFO or object is huge approxiamate estimate is 80 kilometres or 50 miles wide.

Just a small correction, not to you, but to the article: the "object" is NOT disk like, it just LOOKS to be disk like. SOHO's staff had to make an article about this very common misinterpretation of their scientific imageering data: here you go
How to Make Your Own UFO

Caption: Ever since launch, there's been a number of people who've claimed to have seen flying saucers and other esoteric objects in SOHO images. Although some of these supposed pictures of UFOs can seem quite intriguing, they have always turned out to have a quite ordinary cause when examined by experienced SOHO scientists. In recent days, we've been receiving so many questions and claims that we'd like to set the record straight: We've never seen anything that even suggests that there are UFOs "out there".

In the past we've been accused of "covering up" UFO evidence when we present our explanations, and of "refusing to comment" (or "clamming up") when we give up on somebody who won't accept our explanations. While we don't expect to convince everybody, we hope that this page (and links herein) can provide some information for the curious who want to investigate the claims on their own.

Planets: These always look very strange in LASCO images, because they're so bright that the image blooms, and the CCD pixels bleed along the readout rows. Some people try to claim that they're flying saucers, based on their appearance. I've also heard the claim that they're previously unknown Saturn-like planets with rings around them. You can see what I'm talking about on this SOHO Hot Shot page.

Full article
If you want to take a look at the actual appearance of the object in OP, here is a crop from the highest resolution available, from November 23, 2008:

If you want to take a look by yourself, you can go here
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
and input the following parameters:
...then hit "search".

Have they been able to rule out that it was some ordinary celestial body? I hope that the article is not just based on the "shape" of the object.
And how have they been able to even estimate its size since its actual shape isn't clear at all, so no calculations can be made, at least using that filter?
Thanks again.

[edit on 26/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
im seriously confused here.

how is it that the sun is this super huge object compared to the earth, yet they say this small light is a mear 50 miles. huh
shouldnt it then be like 3000 miles or something instead.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Hmm yea right bigger than the sun, and not one human notices it when they look up at the sky? LMAO

17P/Holmes expanded bigger than the sun and MANY people noticed it. Some from ATS even took their own photos and posted at them

LAYI
(Laughing At Your Ignorance)

I seem to recall that this object was the planet Mercury... but I see now Internos beat me to it

Hey do you EVER sleep?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
To me that looks like something that is reflecting a whole lot of the suns light. Almost looking like a very small and distant sun.
Quite possibly it is an icy meteorite or comet. Or a shiny UFO mothership.

Either way, much like wondering how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. The world may never know.

top topics

join