It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Muslim" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Sparks Fly As

www.aina.org

20,000 Muslims Attack a Church in Cairo

One thousand Christians were today trapped inside the Coptic Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary in West Ain Shams,Cairo, after more than twenty thousand Muslims attacked them with stones and butane gas cylinders. The Church's priest Father Antonious said that the situation is extremely dangerous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/26/2008 by KOGDOG]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There seems to be an emerging rage against "The Way" engulfing Planet Weasel. Might be interesting to assemble a list of those who hate the "Kingdom of God" and come to some conclusions as to what these enemies of the KOG have in common.
I dunno 'bout you... but the suspense is killing me. I'm pulling up a front row seat with a big box of popcorn to see what happens next. This is definitely "the time" when "The Story" will either be proven to be false... or true. Place your bets ladies and gents......

www.aina.org

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow...Religious people fighting???I woulda never thought!!!
Those peaceful religious people getting violent????
I am sarcastically stunned!!!!Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

As am I.

'My cult is better than your cult' mentality?

Surely not.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

There seems to be an emerging rage against "The Way" engulfing Planet Weasel. Might be interesting to assemble a list of those who hate the "Kingdom of God" and come to some conclusions as to what these enemies of the KOG have in common.
I dunno 'bout you... but the suspense is killing me. I'm pulling up a front row seat with a big box of popcorn to see what happens next. This is definitely "the time" when "The Story" will either be proven to be false... or true. Place your bets ladies and gents......

www.aina.org

Wow this whole post makes absolutely no sense. Seriously, I have no idea what you are saying here. Maybe paraphrase it for me so I can understand.

The story is nothing new though. People are always hating other people for their beliefs.

Edit to Add:
Change the title of the thread. It is supposed to be the name of the news story headline, not whatever pops into your head.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
Wow this whole post makes absolutely no sense. Seriously, I have no idea what you are saying here. Maybe paraphrase it for me so I can understand.

The story is nothing new though. People are always hating other people for their beliefs.

Edit to Add:
Change the title of the thread. It is supposed to be the name of the news story headline, not whatever pops into your head.
[edit on 26-11-2008 by Rook1545]

Well alrighty then......

Let's find a common denominator for this "problem" and see what we can deduce from similar incidents......

Title of thread is additional information necessary for solving the problem...
Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

The original thread title is obviously a thinly veiled comparison of muslims and homosexuals in order to elicit pity for the poor, persecuted Christians of the world and make people tie the two groups together in a bad light.

Anyway, I hope for the best for anyone trapped in the Church and that this Muslim mob (is 20,000 even a mob any more, or a militia?) dispurses peacefully.

Nothing can exist peacefully when we dwell in the extremes. My hope is that the Middle East can prosper and educate itself so that its people move away from the extremism of organized religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
reply to post by Rook1545

The original thread title is obviously a thinly veiled comparison of muslims and homosexuals in order to elicit pity for the poor, persecuted Christians of the world and make people tie the two groups together in a bad light.

CUT...

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Be careful or this will turn into a "homophobia/anti-Muslim" PSYOP that will lead to strong emotional responses that will never solve this riddle. There is a common denominator that has nothing to do with "Muslims or Gays".... Don't fall into the "us against them" trap.....

We ain't enemies......

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

As am I.

'My cult is better than your cult' mentality.

Surely not.

My invisible friend pwns your invisible friend, man!

Yeah, fighting over fiction is a bit silly.

I want to see 20,000 Next Generation Picard fans beat down the die-hard Kirk fans.

Picard was a proper captain.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

My invisible friend pwns your invisible friend, man!

Yeah, fighting over fiction is a bit silly.

I want to see 20,000 Next Generation Picard fans beat down the die-hard Kirk fans.

The Commies are comin' to get us.... no wait it's Al-Qaeda...... no not them.... it's the Illuminati.... NWO..... no wait.... it's the Aliens.......

BWA.....HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Here is another factor to add to the equation.........

Holocaust of Indian Christians

Thousands of men, women, and children dragged from churches and slashed. This has been India's reality for the last four weeks. The genocide of the Christian minority in the country once called the world's greatest democracy has been as much brutal as neglected by the international community. Hinduism is believed to be one of the most tolerant religions in the world. But stirred in nationalism and traditionalism, it could produce an explosive mixture, similar to one that has so far claimed over 100,000 Christian lives in India. Earlier the same fate befell Muslims that comprised around 13 percent of the entire population, and who were forced to flee their homes and seek refuge in neighboring Pakistan. The problem that Indian Christians are facing is even more perilous as they have nowhere to go. The 20 million people who admit to believing in Jesus Christ are on the brink of physical extermination.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You start this thread as if ths was something new. Christians, and their churches, have been attacked many, many times in Egypt, as they have been in all of the other Muslim countries except for Turkey.

Prior to the Islam conquering of Egypt, it was a primarily Christian nation. The Muslims swept in and over the next 50-100 years, they forced most of the population to convert to Islam.

Muslims are NOT in the least bit interested in allowing any other religion to flourish in countries they control. This is true all over the world.

Muslims also believe feverently that ANY LAND THEY EVER CONTROLLED SHOULD ALWAYS REMAIN MUSLIM. That includes most of Spain, all of South Eastern Europe up to within 125 miles of the city of Vienna, etc. They believe that those lands were stolen from them, and they have a right to have them back.

Keep in mind that the Koran advocates spreading Islam "by the sword". In other words, forced conversion. Although some passages of the Koran do advocate respect for all "peoples of the book" (meaning Christians and Jews", other passages call for their forced conversion or their death.

People really should read the Koran. Of course, as any Muslim scholar will tell you, the translated versions do not carry the flavor of the original Arabic version. The translations lose some of the more violent calls for conversion, among other things.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG
The Commies are comin' to get us.... no wait it's Al-Qaeda...... no not them.... it's the Illuminati.... NWO..... no wait.... it's the Aliens.......

BWA.....HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

David Icke was right, dude! It's 12ft tall reptoids from beyond the stars!

Originally posted by KOGDOGHere is another factor to add to the equation.........

Holocaust of Indian Christians

Thousands of men, women, and children dragged from churches and slashed. This has been India's reality for the last four weeks. The genocide of the Christian minority in the country once called the world's greatest democracy has been as much brutal as neglected by the international community. Hinduism is believed to be one of the most tolerant religions in the world. But stirred in nationalism and traditionalism, it could produce an explosive mixture, similar to one that has so far claimed over 100,000 Christian lives in India. Earlier the same fate befell Muslims that comprised around 13 percent of the entire population, and who were forced to flee their homes and seek refuge in neighboring Pakistan. The problem that Indian Christians are facing is even more perilous as they have nowhere to go. The 20 million people who admit to believing in Jesus Christ are on the brink of physical extermination.

I think what we really have to ask ourselves here is:

What would Timur do?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Yikes! I was not aware of Egyptian history concerning "Christianity". I guess I had always thought Egyptians were "Sons of Ra" then Muslim. Now you are talkin'.......

"Keep in mind that the Koran advocates spreading Islam "by the sword"."

This is the common denominator that unites all those who use a similar "means" to achieve their goals. Absolutely right.... nothing new under the sun... you will know them by their fruits.

Here is another example of those who have similar goals and therefore must use a common means by which they to must achieve their goals.

BLOODY HISTORY OF THE CATHOLIC INQUISITION DID IT EVER REALLY END?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I thought Timor/Timur was a country in Southeast Asia. This Timur was a real tool....

Northern Iraq remained predominantly Assyrian Christian until attacked, looted, plundered and destroyed by Timur leaving its population decimated by systematic mass slaughter. All churches were destroyed and any survivors forcefully converted to Islam by the sword.

Timur is another piece of the puzzle. There is a hidden history of the human species embedded in the OT/NT which is either (your call) epic tale or ancient history detailing human "civilization".

There are no "us against them" conflicts... you are either a part of the herd with no real distinction between any of those who identify with one group or another.... or step back.... that's right take a deep breath... and look at what we/you have become.

Do you like what you see? Gay/hetero/Muslim/Catholic/Communist/Capitalist/Zionist/Evangelical..... you all look the same.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Flash.... this just in... the "herd" is on the move.....
Mumbai rocked by deadly shootings

Gunmen have opened fire at a number of sites in the Indian city of Mumbai (Bombay), killing at least 16 people and injuring others, local reports say. Police officials said shooting was continuing and that the incidents appeared to be terrorist attacks. An unconfirmed report on the Times of India website said 80 people had been killed, and more than 250 injured. There has been a wave of bombings in Indian cities in recent months which has left scores of people dead. Most of the attacks have been blamed on Muslim militants, although police have also arrested suspected Hindu extremists.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

No way man Kirk rocked.

As for the those folks squabbling about who's religion is best-
the debate goes a little something like this:

"My non provable beleif system is better than your non provable beleif system!"

"How do you know?"

"Errr..."

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
No way man Kirk rocked.

Pfft! He was a freakin' playboy poser captain! Picard was hard even with a French name!

Originally posted by karl 12"My non provable beleif system is better than your non provable beleif system!"

"How do you know?"

"Errr..."

It just is, alright!

Zeus pwns whatever silly gods you believe in anywayz!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Pfft! He was a freakin' playboy poser captain! Picard was hard even with a French name!

Poppycock, if it came to fisticuffs- James T would whoop that bald coot!

Zeus pawns whatever silly gods you believe in anywayz!

No way Odin and his two pet crows Memory and Knowledge is my favourite

He's way better than:
Cernunnos
Ja
Boran
Ek Onkar
Aten
Mithras
Igzi'abihier
Shangdi
Parameshavara
Aji-suki-Taki-hi Kone
Janus
Angus Og
Hiiakawawahilani
Blodeuwed
Maeve
Zeus
Agasaya
Burijas
Erra
Allah
Ictinike
Mixcoatl
Menthu
Murukan
Resef
Rugiviet
Samulayo
Turris
Wurrukatte
or about a gazillion other gods and godessess invented by the bald primates known as homo sapiens.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I find it disturbing but rather unsurprising the lack of compassion people have for these victims. I get the feeling that many of you see this as just an example of "religious war", like a statistic, instead of thinking that they are actually real people in there....that in itself is something to ponder.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Of course no one really cares. It is just Christians. These people are responsible for everything evil ever done by people in the past that called themselves Christians just like all whites in America are responsible for slavery in the past. Christians are not as important as atheists or even the dirt on the bottom of your shoes.

Really I have just gotten used to the lack of respect handed out to people for being people and not basing it on what they consider themselves to be. Around here if you say you are a Christian you are demonized and associated with all that is wrong regardless of your own actions or beliefs. But in some way it is the same for some who call themselves Christians and others who are not. But regardless on ATS if you claim you are Christian you are seen as bad in some way, even if you side with the discussion at hand you are evil for being Christian. It goes both ways but because people are stubborn and often fear everything they chose not to listen.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join