It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. hit embassy car in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia is accusing U.S. troops of running a car carrying Russian diplomats off the road in Baghdad. The Foreign Ministry tells ITAR-Tass and Interfax that three diplomats and some of their guards suffered bruises. The ministry says a group of U.S. armored personnel carriers overtook a convoy of three Russian embassy cars headed to the airport, according to Interfax. The ministry says one APC deliberately swerved into the lead Russian car, trying to push it off the road, the agencies reported. It says the car was severely damaged and almost overturned. The Foreign Ministry did not immediately comment. Capt. Charles Calio, a spokesman for U.S. forces in Baghdad, says they are looking into the reports.

article

Well it is not strange for this to take place. It is probably an attempt to make the current relations between the two countries worse. I wouldn't be surprised that it was a planned attack !

The other source mentions that the speed of embassy cars was over 60 mph
Which means that army cars most likely made those actions on purpose.
link

Here is Iranian article on the same topic: article

[edit on 26-11-2008 by silencee]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the comments on usatoday.com, look like written by brainwashed citizens. ignorant of anything happening outside their narrow view.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Perhaps maybe the troops over there need to stop listening to all those smash and bash and thrash music CD's and pay attention to what they are doing.

Certianly this embassy vehicle was probably well marked and when diplomatic personell are trasnported about, their routes are made known to patrols and other authoritive bodies in the area..so it wasnt as if the troops were left in the dark...

..that is..unless they ignored the radio messages because they had that thrash trash blaring in the radio headsets.

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Diplomats are marked by their plates and probably use flag cars for transport, though not always. The plate numbers would be their identification. Seems the US troops overstepped their remit again. The Russians aren't going to take much more from the US, you know.

My gut tells me they did it under orders in any case. If they didn't, they are absolute numpties.

HA! Picture this: US Army vs Red Army. OMFG that would be better entertainment than any sports broadcast.

.....oO(One of these days those G Men are gonna knock on my door and I'll just disappear...) *gulp*

Oh who gives a stuff.

new topics

top topics

join