It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reports rocket launch amid nuclear tension

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Iran reports rocket launch amid nuclear tension

www.reuters.com

Tensions between Iran and Israel have been running high in recent months amid speculation of possible U.S. or Israeli strikes against Tehran's nuclear facilities, which the West suspects form part of a covert weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
blogs.reuters.com
search.japantimes.co.jp

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Venezuela's Chavez welcomes Russian warships
3 Russian Warships Dock in Libya on Way to Caribbean
Read: Worst Case War Scenario, WWIII: East Asia....

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The envirionment around the globe is rife for the outbreak of conflict on a number of fronts.

I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility or the thought process of even the most peace-wishing person that we face a growing chance that a global war is looming.

If that is the case . . . what the hell is Iran doing? Rhetoric is one thing but test firing rockets and throwing out claims of a growing ability to create the energy necessary to provide for nuclear war is reprehensible . . .

Not that the sabre-rattling by Isreal and the US is any better, but where does this build-up of tensions end?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

what the hell is Iran doing
what country in their Right mind would test their weapons,
i mean the nerve of Iran to test those missiles.

Bad Iran

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

what the hell is Iran doing
what country in their Right mind would test their weapons,
i mean the nerve of Iran to test those missiles.

Bad Iran

Here we go, Bodrul leaping to the Muslim defence regardless of how silly their actions may have been...from his nice place in England.

Don't you think that in a current global climate of tension and unrest, it would be wisest not to start testing your missile capabilities for fear of giving the wrong impression to the neighbours who think you are out to get them anyway? I think it's blatantly obvious that if you are constantly on the verge of war, then doing something like this would indicate you are simply gearing up for it, rather than taking diplomatic steps to avert it.

Or is a Muslim country not capable of doing wrong in your eyes?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Bodrul is still entitled to his opinion . . . in fact, there is probably a good number of people out there who would agree with Bodrul in that why should the powers that be in Iran put their ambitions be they nuclear or otherwise on hold because of threats from Isreal and the U.S.

It is a fair question.

I just wonder if they're taking a business as usual stance or if they're purposely sending shots across the bow of their detractors as an inflamatory measure?

Seems the latter suggestion is part of a bigger more global issue of looming conflict.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Here we go, Bodrul leaping to the Muslim defence regardless of how silly their actions may have been...from his nice place in England.

always come to faith,
would you care explaining why me supporting Iran has to do with Faith?

i supported russia when they attacked
georgia, was it because they were christian? or just russian.

same old BS with you guys,

i dont support people based on Faith
but think what you want.

Don't you think that in a current global climate of tension and unrest, it would be wisest not to start testing your missile capabilities for fear of giving the wrong impression to the neighbours who think you are out to get them anyway? I think it's blatantly obvious that if you are constantly on the verge of war, then doing something like this would indicate you are simply gearing up for it, rather than taking diplomatic steps to avert it.

i dont know
in a climate where a country is being threatend with Pre-emtive strikes from a country who has proven they will even target civilians and civilian infrastructure,

which also claims to be ready to attack anytime and (supposedly has the green light)

i would say Iran has every right to test their defencive and offencive weapons.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Barak also said that the movement's inclusion in Lebanon's national unity government earlier this year meant that Israel might take wider action against the country's civilian infrastructure in future.

"The integration of Hezbollah into the Lebanese state exposes Lebanon and its infrastructure to in-depth attacks in the event of a new conflict," he said.

edit: before you bring hazbullah in, i used this as an example on
the fact Israel admit they target civilian infrastructure on purpose.
and hazullah arent all that either

i will ignore this BS, as i never had those View or expressed them.

if you want to bring my religion into things and destort my views dont bother replying to me, you wont get a response,

thanks to some idiots on ATS opinions mean squat
if you think or have a diffrent mind set your opinions are just full of it and you are an appeaser or some other sort of stuff.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What good are a nations weapons systems if they're not tested? It's kinda hard to train your military using only textbooks and slide rules. In fact, these tests seem all the more prudent in light of current tensions, as I'm sure it'll make Israel think twice before they "preempt" those evil Persians. I suppose the US will cease testing of their ABM shield given that Russia has made it's displeasure known.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The US/Japanese conducted their own missile test a few days ago. Where is your fake outcry and crocodile-tears post for that event?

The largest military in the world and the most destabilizing political power in the world today tests a new missile and you don't care.

But...

When some little country that hasn't invaded another country in centuries tests a missile it is a blatant act of terrorism and irresponsibility.

Jon

[edit on 11.26.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
"Iran reports rocket launch amid nuclear tension" Amid Nuclear tension kept up for years without Iran doing anything provably wrong and having proven that it is one of the few countries that has not instigated ANY wars, ever. Knowing the trackrecord of western media pouring the war-drum cool aid into the unsuspecting population of their respective nations, feeding the fear and hate i'm really going to need more convincing evidence than a rocketlaunch that every country has their right to undertake for whatever reason. Everything even vaguely military that Iran does is automatically wrong in the eyes of the western media.

The only thing you could say is that some INTERNAL policies are pretty misguided for our taste but it is a sovereign country and no it is not hell on earth there

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wonder why they don't smuggle it out of the country piece by piece to say china/Korea/Russia and have the test take place there as it would be a legit test and at the same time keep it not only secret but keep it from appearing as if to flex it's current technology. I say Korea because if they launched it and everyone thought it was Korea's then it would just be so what news due to the number of times they have done it in the past.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

But why would Iran have to go through the trouble of smuggling out their weapon to another country in bits and pieces to test it in another sovereign nation? They are doing nothing wrong in testing the weapon itself in my opinion.

The article alone says it all. Amid all these tensions over speculative attacks by Israel and the US... well, if there was constant speculation that someone was going to mug me on my way home, would learning self-defense and purchasing a gun be an act of terrorism?

To those that would so blindly participate in a daily hate just for the sake of doing so, remember you are building up the momentum of taking things so extremely far out of context that one day, be it 6 months or 50 years from now, you may end up being a victim of the same disastrous attitude that you helped begin.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel

The US/Japanese conducted their own missile test a few days ago. Where is your fake outcry and crocodile-tears post for that event?

The largest military in the world and the most destabilizing political power in the world today tests a new missile and you don't care.

But...

When some little country that hasn't invaded another country in centuries tests a missile it is a blatant act of terrorism and irresponsibility.

Jon

[edit on 11.26.2008 by Voxel]

Had I known about it, I'd say "hey, what are you doing? You've got a Russian cruiser like a day's sail away from your shores, why are you doing something inflammatory?"

I'm not defending someone else, I'm just saying Iran performing missile tests is abrasive, and it's not a wise freaking move, especially when the Yanks are itching for a reason to go in there.

I'm saying, don't give them a good excuse.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Wow you really are something arent you? Iran testing weapons to make sure they work to defend themselves from two countries US and Israel who say they are going to invade them on a daily basis. LOL. If the situation is so dire why are we pushing to install a missile shield which isnt helping? Why do we threaten to bomb them on a daily basis? It has nothing to do with religion its common sense. If Russia threatened to attack US every day then I sure would hope our government would test a weapon or two wouldnt you? Oh wait double standards thats right. You get the sheeple award for the day

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I say we pass an international law that would require all nations to register and subsequently mark all warheads with serial numbers. In the event that one of the warheads is used in a hostile manner, we will be able to properly trace it back to its rightful owner and we will even be able to identify the launch site.
But then you have loonies stealing warheads from each other just to cover their tracks. Just a mess.

Looks great on paper though. Oops wrong thread
I thought this was about the Ammunition Accountability Act.

Just saber rattling. Remain calm. All wannabe super powers do it. Look at Chavez and his new life size version of "Battleship" that he is playing with the Russians. D4..I said D4 Dammit I know you're there.
'

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why don't Israel and Iran just get it over with, I for one am sick and tired of all the posturing.

Go ahead and nuke each other - at least the world will learn a valuable lesson about what happens when nuclear powers can't learn to live in peace with each other.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Well, anyone with 2 funtioning brain cells, knows the timing was chosen to cause more problems in the M.E.
It comes ans Iran announces it has over 5000 centfugesd making fuel for their nuclear weapons program, ops, there peaceful (
:lol
program.

It is common ( for civilized countries) to allow ones neighbors, especially ones that they constantly threaten, about missile/rocket launches so as to not cause the start of a war.
That is another country see's the launch and believes it is Iran's promised attack.
Well. then a full counter attack is called for...................................

If Iran keeps this crap up, one of these days they will get their wish, and they will be flattened, I hope they-if any are left alive- they will be happy with the result they worked so hard to achieve.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

2 functioning brain cells?

mmmm,
what kind of civilized country would test rockets to launch satilites into orbit,.
your so right monsoon what right does Iran have,

and you bottom line shows it all
with that type of crap coming out about Iran, people like your selves find it funny Iran takes these steps.

also not that i am a rocket or missile expert
but to design something to launch a payload into orbit and to design a BSM to attack other countries, i always thought it would take more.

also while your braging on civilized, what about Israel and its threats against civilians aswell as military targets , are those civilized.

i smell BS and double standerds

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26-11-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Wow you really are something arent you? Iran testing weapons to make sure they work to defend themselves from two countries US and Israel who say they are going to invade them on a daily basis. LOL.

Okay, after getting through the waffle, I think I have your meaning down.

I was, of course, exaggerating, but the threat is still there, and still tangible.

Originally posted by mybigunit If the situation is so dire why are we pushing to install a missile shield which isnt helping? Why do we threaten to bomb them on a daily basis?

....is this sarcasm? You know it doesn't translate well via text, right?

Originally posted by mybigunitIt has nothing to do with religion its common sense. If Russia threatened to attack US every day then I sure would hope our government would test a weapon or two wouldnt you?

I don't like anything your government does, because it is corrupt beyond compare.

Personally I think diplomacy would be the way forward, but I'm not an arrogant posturer who feels strangely insecure about, well, pretty much everything. Wave a flag, why don't you?

Originally posted by mybigunitOh wait double standards thats right. You get the sheeple award for the day

Double standards? You want to talk about America's foreign policy and you mention double standards?

And you think I'm really something...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Okay, after getting through the waffle, I think I have your meaning down.

I was, of course, exaggerating, but the threat is still there, and still tangible.

Ok Im not really sure what you are saying in any of this but Ill say this. First off Im not Muslim and Im from America just to get that straight. I have a feeling you think that I am some arab from Iran this is why I defend Iran like I do. I defend them because my government has lied to me to many times for me to trust them anymore. They say Iran is a threat but when I look at the big picture I look at Iran and see a country that hasnt invaded another in well over 100 years. I look at my own and see a country that has invaded several in the past 100 years and many of them under false pretenses. I see our government telling me that Iran's leader tells me one thing and then when I watch his interviews on TV I see something way different.

I dont buy our government propaganda no more. The Iraq war woke me up I too used to be a sheeple. If Israel wants war with Iran so bad then let them fight it. Im not against it I dont think America should fight it. They are no threat to us. What is Iran going to do invade us with their camels? Its a farce. Iran doesnt want to be a part of the international banking club. That is what this is all about. They dont want to pledge all of their resources to the multinationals for them to manipulate at their pleasure. To me I see that last free society on this earth. I dont agree with their religious idelolgy but who am I to tell them how to live.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It's a shame you smell your own bs and it smells.

Just to inform you, since you appear to not know.

The type of rocket used to launch a satilite can also very easily be used as a offensive weapon.

It is the payload ability as well as the ability to go a fairly long distance.

And, as I said:

Most countries inform friends and or emenies about rocket/missile launches so as to not inadvertently cause a war by making another country think it is being attacked.

This , as I also said, is at the same timke Iran is bragging about it's nuclear weaopns program, oh,
, peaceful program.

It is clear they are trying desperately to provoke an action or reaction to themselves (the Iranians).

As I stated, one day, they just may get what they are begging for.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by mrmonsoon]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join