It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm in a Limbo-split

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What esoteric things have you studied and what do you believe?

Do you believe there are more subtle life energies present around us yet, that science has yet to quantify and measure?

I think the next step, after having so many realizations in this reality, is to leave it. The goal I wish to accomplish before I die is immortality. It sounds bizarre but I have been led to believe in a very logical manner that you really CAN escape the "wheel of birth and death," by realizing your own spiritual nature and returning to it "physically." That means lots of body purifying, energy raising, lucid dreaming, creating and strengthening my more subtle bodies, then "astral projection" (in fact never being "asleep" but simply moving from one state of consciousness to another when I lay down at night), and then doing the whole thing over again from the lower-frequency "astral" realms to the higher-frequency forces of love and life energy that have created all of this around us, etc. Things that are very hard to talk about or explain for me, but I feel I have a clear enough sense of the goal and the path personally to set myself on it. Whether or not I will achieve it remains to be seen obviously.

Robert Monroe recounts experiences in his books where he was deep in meditation, projecting, and he projected himself so deeply that he was told during his experience that he must return to his body because it was about to physically die because his life energy had been so far withdraw from it. And when he returned to his body he said he was very cold and had barely any pulse at all. That he was not yet ready to leave the physical.

You will often hear of Buddhists or other Eastern monks that they can control the exact moment of their death. I believe this is a very related phenomena. Their "spirit" is so develop that they can simply leave their body like a pile of rocks when they feel so inclined, and they need not return here.

In more extreme cases, such as what you hear of a couple figures in the Bible, and in some esoteric Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist lore, people are even ascended physically to "heaven," ie "walk with God and was not," "fiery chariot" (merkaba) etc. I can't imagine the immense amount of energy required for such a dramatic transformation but I have no reason at all to believe that this is not also possible, simply by the physics I have come to understand of reality, pieced together both from actual science, modern scientific pioneering by people such as Dr. William Tiller of MIT, and ancient spiritual texts. There is literally nothing that is impossible, simply because everything is ultimately consciousness and being itself. No different than a collective dream. But the very cells of your body are also dreamers and you must wake them all up and let them know you are a Bodhisattva and are leading them to a beautiful union just as "God" leads his entire creation to enlightenment.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm going to recommend silence, as in meditation. This is probably because I related pretty strongly to the way you expressed where (limbo) you feel you are at the moment, and that I feel I am currently being urged (gently) toward daily contemplative experience. I realize that the concepts I have embraced (the spiritual nature of man) have been just banging around in my head and creating their own little conceptual universe that doesn't correspond very well with the larger social/material universe I still apparently inhabit. I think the "work" must still be done. Like after you have an idea where you'd like to be, which is all well and good, you still have to go there. And everything seems to point to silence, focus, stillness. Meditation. Just a thought. I'll let you know if it works for me, or whether I even find the discipline to actually do it consistently.

Peace.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join