It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TimberlandCoup

Actually when I said that I could induce sleep paralysis at will, back then I was convinced I was somehow halfway thru an out of body experience. I remain agnostic (neither convinced nor skeptic) about the objective validity of OBE's... But I'm open minded about it.

I think that ATS is a good place to discuss that. Those people who make fun of the "phenomenological" (the validity of somebody's personal experience) are just quick to take comfort in their perceived weakness of another person because they are weak themselves. They are people who measure their sense of self worth in relative terms to another person because they are uncertain. It's nobody's problem but their own to deal with that. It is my opinion that they are the minority here, although in this thread they may appear like a majority, it's just cause they are vocal.

With that said, anybody who has a "weird" experience like the one I had (something that cannot be explained in conventional terms), and passes this as absolute "truth" is no less misguided. We're all fallible and there is much that remains to be understood.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Now the question is what will you do at bedtime, pray and invoke another dreadful experience. Or will you succumb to the devils trick and keep that separation from God.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
when i used to take oxycontin and #, id try to fall asleep, and suddenly stop breathing unable to move, constant dread feeling. i had to fight to get my body back. sleep paralysis, as for your demon, ive heard storys where people wake up to house on fire. it is a hallucination, your brain so tired and if u woke up like instantly and had paralysis your mind can play evil tricks on you.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You claimed that science cannot explain these events when that is factually incorrect. While you're asleep, your body paralyzes itself to prevent you from acting out your dreams in real life and potentially causing physical harm. You claimed you're a lucid dreamer, therefore your subconscious conjured up something you feel passionate for, your beliefs. One final note, sleep paralysis can cause hallucinations.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
2 days ago I went to bed around 1am and found myself entering a dream state rather quickly. In my dream I was seeing 2 creatures creeping along a sidewalk while peeking into the windows of a building. I just stood there about 30 feet away watching them get closer and closer and oddly didn't feel the slightest bit concerned. Within moments one was standing right infront of me with it's face just inches away staring into my eyes. Then I realised I was no longer sleeping. The entire background had changed from a building on the right and large bushes on the left to my bedroom. Once I realised this I was still not the slightest bit concerned. I just stared at it's face for about 10 more seconds until it faded away.

After it was gone I was creeped the hell out, got up for a smoke, and looked at the clock to notice it was only 1:15. These 2 things had small torsos with long arms and legs. Their bald heads were no more larger than a humans with face very similar to ours. In my dream they must have been over 6ft tall if they would've stood straight up, but when I was awake and the one looking at me was at the edge of my bed, it couldn't have been more than a couple feet tall. Their skin was several shades of grey and appeared some what oily making them look slightly shiny.

One of my first experiences where I wasn't paralyzed, I woke up and could hear something breathing above and behind me. I was in the middle of a king sized water bed with my ex on the edge. We were sleeping butt to butt and this thing was either very tall, hanging from the roof or hovering...
Anyway, whatever it was, it was able to reach over her and try to peel the blankets off of me without making the bed move.

I have never been so freaking terrified in my life as I knew this was something that could not happen in the world as we are supposed to know it. It kept trying to pull the covers off me while I pretended I was asleep and throwing my arm up to stop it. Eventually I gave up on that plan and tried to reach behind me to pinch my ex's ass in hopes she would wake up and give me a moment to compose myself. Ready to sacrifice the woman to save myself
!!

So as I was digging through the blankets trying to reach her butt, I could feel the pressure of it's hand doing the same, but trying to stop me. As I got closer and closer to reaching her, I finally felt it touch my hand. This sent a a freezigng cold blast into my chest, made me see a bright light and knocked me out back to sleep. I havn't slept well since that night.

The 2 nights before that event were the first experiences I had. The first was finding myself awake in my dream. The next night I had my first sleep paralysis experience where I was paralyzed, heard the buzzing/huming noise while sensing something at the door watching me. I forced myself up several time before feeling the pillow still on the side of my head and warping back down. This happened about 5 times before waking up and feeling sick for the rest of the day.

All of my other experiences were the typical parazlyed with a buzzing/humming sound and a sense of being watched. When those events happen, I usally being to slowly over come the pressure on me, until I'm up and walking around while feeling liek I weigh a 1000 lbs. Then something will happen which tells me I'm not really up. Like realising I weigh too much or feeling the pillow still squashed against my head and then I warp back to my sleeping position and start all over again. Usually by the 3rd time i finally wake up.

In one of those waking dreams I was encouraged by a females voice to enter my bathroom which had zero light. In another, all I could see was white and only feel my way around. I ended up seeing a guy laying on where my couch should've been. He looked like me, but scared to death while we stared at each other.

It's amazing the things that can happen when you start losing your mind :lol

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

Twice I've had this exact thing happen in the last few weeks. Only the demon is alot bigger and it's standing further away. It's right when I wake up and I always look at my clock (between 3 & 3:30), and there's always a haze through the room. Sometimes there is no demon, it's right when I 'think' of something scary in my actual dream.

Aliens, demons, multidimentional being, whatever they are it almost feels like they feed off of fear. And they are scary as hell, so it's not so hard. I also feel like a soldier for the good... stay strong for the future!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I cant go through the 9 pages but I believe you probably briefly astral projected.
The astral is full of such creatures. Or maybe it was the continuation of your lucid dream? They can be terribly realistic.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Hi "chapter29"
These things DO happen. They are definately evil spirits. Do not be afraid. There are many many stories like yours out there, so don't feel alone. DO say your prayers, especially ask the help and protection of St. Michael the Archangel. If you can obtain some holy water and blessed salt (which carries an exorcism prayer and protects powerfully against evil) sprinkle it in and around your bed.

Sometimes the evil spirits attack in this way when there has been sexual abuse, like being molested when you were a child. So pray against demons of molestaion in Jesus' name, if that's the case.

Ignore the idiots who have NO CHARITY and are TOTALLY NOT FUNNY (except to themselves). They will reap what they sow.

God bless and protect you. I will pray for you.

Evil spirits and good spirits..

I believe in beings of different intentions, not a battle of heaven vs hell.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yous funky that demon was me hahaahhahahaha

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ephesians 6:12 KJV

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I suffered depression when I was 19. Accordingly I’d sleep until 4 or 5pm most days. I experienced sleep paralysis regularly throughout my bout of depression. Initially it was a terrifying experience. But then I began to welcome its manifestation.

After about a dozen episodes of incapacitation a gargoyle would accompany my paralysis. I had the distinct impression – rightly or wrongly – that the entity was a female. She’d sit upon my chest, augmenting the crushing effect that sleep paralysis induces.

My most vivid memory of her, however, occurred one beautiful summer morning. As the sleep paralysis began to grip my body I noticed the gargoyle sitting on top of my desk opposite my bed.

Owing to the bright light infiltrating the room I was able to distinguish her features. She appeared to have a tuft of thinning white hair. And she had pointy ears. Her skin was almost jet-black, and she was diminutive. She also produced a horrendous noise that seemed to permeate the entire room.

That was the last time I saw her. I still experience sleep paralysis now and again but I haven’t happened across my wee daemon again. Maybe that’s a good thing? Who knows?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

it has been said three o'clock in the morning is the devils time
and 3 o'clock in the afternoon is when jesus died..this may be
hogwash or maybe it is a biorhythm type thing of the body.
yeah, you may indeed have asked for it and the door was open
and you saw something that does exist..only in another dimension.
it should make you stronger and wiser but i would not think about
it too much..give it a glance and move on to the one who deserves
our attention. the sexual thing sound like humiliation or you could
not accept your own body functions and assigned an aggressor as
the culprit or cause of it.
i have had this happen..concerning the same basic being in the same
area..the second time it was not a dream but the paralized state where
our bodies are totally relaxed..muscles relaxed to protect you from
hurting yourself while asleep but your mind/awareness awoke before
your bodys muscles could i guess..it is a gray area indeed !!!!
maybe there is a correlation between our thoughts and the other side.
it could be we are not supposed to really understand it and as
scientists are doing nowdays working on "mind reading" devices
for combat purposes or security..yeah that is going too far.
keep it simple..accept that you have a fleshly body but a spiritual
endeavor for a personal relationship with Jesus. How can you lose?
njl

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
I find that i often wake up at or during the 3am hour but nothing ever happens - alhtough i do feel strangely weirded out.... and i know the significace of that hour.

i am really fascinated by these demon-sleep paralysis accounts. thanks for sharing your story!

and i wish the best for you... is it true that if you call on the name of God, Jesus Christ or your angels these "things" will disappear??

Thank you! I wish you well also.
Rebuking darkness with Jesus' name does make lesser/darker 'things' disappear that is a fact. Something i've know and counted on since i was young.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Earth
I suffered depression when I was 19. Accordingly I’d sleep until 4 or 5pm most days. I experienced sleep paralysis regularly throughout my bout of depression. Initially it was a terrifying experience. But then I began to welcome its manifestation.

After about a dozen episodes of incapacitation a gargoyle would accompany my paralysis. I had the distinct impression – rightly or wrongly – that the entity was a female. She’d sit upon my chest, augmenting the crushing effect that sleep paralysis induces.

My most vivid memory of her, however, occurred one beautiful summer morning. As the sleep paralysis began to grip my body I noticed the gargoyle sitting on top of my desk opposite my bed.

Owing to the bright light infiltrating the room I was able to distinguish her features. She appeared to have a tuft of thinning white hair. And she had pointy ears. Her skin was almost jet-black, and she was diminutive. She also produced a horrendous noise that seemed to permeate the entire room.

That was the last time I saw her. I still experience sleep paralysis now and again but I haven’t happened across my wee daemon again. Maybe that’s a good thing? Who knows?

Thanks

This would seem like a good thing from the reports people have shared.
The absence of that dark women could mean a release of your fears and the suggested action you can take from here is turning the Sleep Paralysis into an Out of Body Experience. I'm not trained/skilled at this but you might seek the advice of individuals who are, some of which may be trolling this thread at some point. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
reply to post by baseball101

This was not at all what i gathered from the experience it was more like a the being was feeding off my energy.

Been there.

I even confronted the being which constantly tried to shift forms and images to keep me from seeing what it was, and realizing what it was doing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I awoke after an interrupted dream at 3am...

It's been a while since I started that thread in July but it looks like I too awoke at 3am.
Didn't remember that part till re-reading it.

Very strange.

- lee

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallSign

...i've done my fair share of psychedelics...

And that is where your story lost all credibility.

I suspected that the OP's admission of drug use would bring instant doubt to the story as soon as I read that part as well. I think it is a legitimate thing to take into consideration since we are aware of what drugs can do to your perception.

Admitting such a thing, although honest, does weaken the possibility of this being an actual event and not simply some sort of flashback or something along those lines, but all I can say is I haven't done psychedelics and experienced a similar event.

I don't use drugs or drink alcohol.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I only read the first 2 pages, so sorry if this was brought up... I noticed a lot of posters getting all 'adolescent' about the mentioning of the genitals being involved.. remember folks, there is a chakra located in that region. If this actually occurred the way the OP contends, this particular form of astral-wildlife (much more common than 'demons') was most likely feeding on your personal energy through a weak point in your energy system, and peoples' root chakra (base of the spine) for many these days, is usually clogged with visceral fears, which makes it dysfunctional, thereby creating a 'hole' in your energy system through which an opportunistic astral denizen could feed upon.

Not sure if this IS what occurred to the OP.. but this kind of thing DOES happen frequently, especially these days, when there is so much fear about bodily harm/death being trumped up. That particular sort of fear weakens & clogs the root chakra.

Oh & the 3 am thing...many mystery schools & traditions have maintained for a long time that the period of time around 3 am is when the barriers between dimensional borders is at it's most permeable.

Just my two cents

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

sOndernet: The fact that you were admittedly in "sleep paralysis" proves that you were still asleep. In that state, lucidity is a very flexible and relative attribute. There are dreams within dreams within dreams, where "waking up" is simply a starting point for another dream. The last conscious thoughts before sleep are a very powerful stimulus for what occurs during the dream state and conditions the mind for interpreting any physiological experience which happens during that time. It sounds like your body was close to a conscious astral projection. The symptoms are vibrations and seeing lights and hearing sounds. When the vibrations occur in the body (in your case in the genital area), they often invoke a mental image in order to make sense of it to the mind. The mind will then conjure up whatever it needs to either encourage (if you are bold) or discourage (if in a state of fear) the astral from a complete conscious separation. A common fear image (especially for those of Christian background) is a "demon". Other non-religious common images may be bears, snakes, aliens, etc. What is necessary in order to get beyond this point of fear is to simply dismiss the images for what they are: projections of the mind. The problem with the demon image is that unlike bears or snakes, which represent physical dangers, the demon is one of an inherently etherial nature. You will likely never get beyond it until you truly disbelieve in it. Once you recognize that the demon image is simply the guardian to conscious travel in the astral body, you can dismiss it. If you are desirous of it, you can then move into the vibrations fully, amplify them and exit the physical. It takes a great deal of energy and desire as well as fearlessness to accomplish for someone like yourself. For those without the fear barrier, it is spontaneous.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TimberlandCoup

Thanks for being available to answer questions, for us all!

At this point i am without questions and my assumption about my experience are as follows:

Before bed, I made drastic changes to my belief system, removed much fear, went to bed, awoke to a natural physical experience known as sleep paralysis where i had momentary spirit vision capable of seeing a being in the realm of spirit. A being i feel is best described as a wise gatekeeper who watches and uses tricks to make sure I don't wonder into the spirit realms without proper preparation by passing the fear tests.

It is my understanding and experience that in the spirit world when one brings fear with them it can be dangerous because it attracts and manifests all things fear full, since the place is one where thought manifests your reality instantly(as has been My experience).

The spiritual process of those lower vibrational fear energies leaving my base chakra, left me with a physical sensation of low vibration in the corresponding area, in conjunction with the presence of this spirit entity, i then jumped to conclusions about being assaulted/attacked/fed upon by that being. Because he was in the same place at the same time as the worthless fear energy my body was expelling during sleep.

The jump to conclusions about it being an attack was based on the mere shock of physically feeling fear energy/vibrations leaving my body as well as momentary spirit vision wherin lay a spirit who i can only say was sitting and watching me.

I am considering that those who experience 'attack' by this being may in fact be manifesting the image of that being and the attacks based on their fears. Again this may be the 'job' of the gatekeeper to take on the form that your thoughts manifest, before you get anywhere in the spirit realm where lower vibrational beings are free to Actually do things to you. This may also be why those who were not attacked were offered a hand by the gatekeeper.
This is also why the gatekeeper disappears and the fear subsides when people who believe in the power of Jesus use his name, its not that the gatekeeper is afraid or repelled by the recognition of Jesus, its just that recognition of a fearless loving entity like Jesus who has power over the spirit world is a passing of the gatekeepers test to ensure you are not fearful when entering the spirit realms, in this case you'd have Jesus by your side so the gatekeeper disappears, the fear subsides, and you are free to roam the spirit world with caution or awaken your spirit in your body again by waking up.

This to me makes sense, there must be a safety mechanism inside the human consciousness that prevents the unsafe travel of the spirit during the physical body's sleep (paralysis.) That mechanism will only go as far as your thoughts and imagination will allow it, showing you the potential you have with spirit to manifest thought, like Jesus told us:
Its no longer acceptable to just NOT kill people or NOT commit adultery you must be transformed by the renewing of your mind, you must NOT think these thoughts of murder/adultery either. This is why, because as young spirits we are training our minds to be ready for the next stage of development wherein our thoughts manifest instantly.

I must say its worth the training because when we are ready for full awareness of the spirit realm, it really is a beautiful place to create your own world. I was given full access to this world once, i spent hours consciously creating my surroundings with thought and i saw what i describe as my higher self who watched over me and encouraged me that i had done well to get where i was at, he then let me play around creating ANYTHING. The reason i know i was ready to see this place at the time was because all my thoughts were focused on unconditional love and compassion. I therefor only manifested those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join