It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don't know your beliefs, but your mention of holy water and the like leads me to assume you have some religious beliefs. If this is the case, and you are Christian, then flat-out ORDER this thing from your home and away from your family. We have that authority, through the One that can command them. A friend of mine had a ghost in her place that scared her young son, and after she told me to consider her place my home (while I styed there for a time), I told the thing to leave, and she said it didn't bother her after that. Don't allow it to stay. It might indeed follow the family, but you don't have to allow that to continue.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by n0tsympl

Here is an idea. You were right to STOP the meditation; any form of that can allow these things entry. They are not friendly, nor "enlightened", nor any of the other labels they want people to accept. You are right to consider them evil. If you invite them into your life, you invite problems. Meditation, channeling, fortune-telling, drugs, Ouija boards, etc., can all be used as a way to get access to your life. Is some happy feeling worth the risk? Can anyone be sure that knowledge gained is even accurate? Of all the conspiracies discussed, the one involving these things is real (and in fact, ties some of them together...). Be careful. Be wise.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

Hi there.

Upon reading your post, I completely understand what you mean.
I had my first "demon" attack about 2 years ago. I was sleeping in my bed, and as I was falling asleep, I heard an airish sort of whispering, and it was circling me, and I immediately woke up. As I woke up, the noises stopped, and I thought I was just dreaming. So I went back to sleep again, and it happened for the second time, and I again woke up. And again, nothing was there. So then finally, I fell into a deep sleep, and seconds later I heard two or three demons, one holding me down, one choking me, and one lifting the bottom of my bed sheets up. I finally realized what was happening, and I calmed down, and began to pray to God to help me. A few seconds later, the demons left, and I woke up. I knew it wasn't a dream because my sheets where my feet lay were off of me.

Since then, I haven't had this sort of experience exactly, but I have had tons of sleep paralysis, where I can feel something cold on my upper left back shoulder, and my bottom spine. Again, I just pray to God, and I am able to come out of the paralysis a few seconds to a few minutes later.

Seeing how you do believe in the Lord, you will continue to be tormented, but you can fight it with His strength. Keep up your prayers, and nothing will ever harm you.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i know the sleep paralysis stuff is real cuz it happened to me as well as missing time. a lot of what you describe (yes including the genital sucking) is actually commonly reported for ufo abductees etc. Perhaps a lot of the skeptics on here wouldnt think it was so funny if it happened to them.?

Until recently id never had any experiences and didnt necessarily believe in ufos; but im glad to say i at least had an open mind and didnt make fun of people who said they did.

and yeah, there even does seem to be some aspect of spirituality to the experiences - a lot of people report that saying the name of jesus christ ends the experience for them. dont know why.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Something just doesnt add up with this sleep paralysis condition,

Here is my experience that I had around 3-4 weeks ago after moving into a new home.
I'm 27 years old and have recently moved home at the beginning of Feb 09, I will like to tell you of my experience like this that I had, the last week in Feb when asleep I suddenly woke in the early hours of the morning, I was lying on my left side and my eyes were searching the darkened room because I felt a presence. In the corner of the room I could see shadowy images which formed into a figure just standing their watching me. I then began to think to myself what the hell is that? I tried to move but could not, no matter how much I tried, my fiancee was lying next to me sleeping. I could only move my eyes, still watching this shadowy figure it FLEW towards me at a very fast speed which made me shut my eyes and it was although I began to rock slightly in the bed. (DID IT BOUNCE OFF ME?) when I opened my eyes again, it was back in the corner and then it had a second attempt to fly toward me, again I shut my eyes and then when I opened them again it was back in the corner watching me and I FELT it was getting ANGRY, I dont know how but I began screaming at the top of my Voice my fiancee's name (obviously shouting for help to get me out of their as I could feel her presence next to me). It then took a third fly towards me at that point i closed my eyes again and then felt my Fiancees hand touch me on my right arm. The physical sensation of the touch began bringing me back to reality and out of whatever or wherever I was. Even after I woke up and heard my Fiancee asking me if I was alright it took me around 5 secs to move again but I felt extremely HEAVY. My fiancee said she thought she heard me screaming her name but my mouth must have been closed as she said it was a mumble. She then asked me what had happened and I didnt really want to tell her but I am honest so I told her and she said to me thanks very much for freaking her out.

This is the first and only time that I have experienced this and for informational purposes only I was wearing a psychic power runic pendant with an amethyst crystal in it which is a protection crystal... Was the shadow figure trying to get in my body and the crystal pendant have some sort of psychic shield around me? or am I bonkers?

I cannot be Bonkers because when I told my father about my experience he then researched it and ended up emailing me this link with other people experiencing the same sort of thing as I did.

To be honest when I was a young teen I had 2 experiences of seeing the SAME ghost twice within a month and I was extremely freaked out. It was a glowing white facial image as it peered round at me from garages not far from each on both occasions, It had NO eyes/nose/mouth or whatever but I knew and felt that it was looking right at me. could never explain that either.

Please let me know what anyone thinks.

Thank you for being patient while reading this.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am an infrequent sufferer of sleep paralysis and have been since I can remember. Sometimes the experience is very scary and sometimes I know what is going on and can talk myself out of it.

This is my first post on this board and is response to the OP and other who have had the "hallucination" portions of this condition.

When I was about 27, I was awoken with sleep paralysis. I had experienced it enough times but this time an overwhelming sense of dread and despair had come over me.

I am an atheist, so belief in the supernatural or spirits is very foreign to me. Instead of praying I recite the Litany Against Fear in my mind.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

This has helped me get out of the state in past and allowed me to get out of the state this time. I have cramped my legs or arms in the past when trying to struggle out of it and trying to speak is just insanely frustrating.

I was able to break the hold of the paralysis and sat up quickly. A dark out of place shadow was in the room, and it was completely terrifying to my waking eyes. I closed my eyes thinking that I must still be in a dream. It mocked me for closing my eyes, not with words or sounds but with laughter I could feel. I opened my eyes again this time audibly shouting the Litany Against Fear at it. The presence, now visibly angry grew and a deep pitch black filled in the light cast by the street lamps and the moon but I would not look away. It seemed to feed off my fear, and it knew I knew this. While I was certainly frightned, my realization that I have a physical presence in this world and its need to feed off fear was its weakness. It seemed to know that I had strength to challenge it and it did not appear to have the ability to physically harm me. It quickly shrank and moved out of the semi open window and disappeared into the night, I stood up and closed the window. I was unable to go back to sleep and have not had a similar experience since.

As I said, I am an atheist and do not believe in the supernatural. This experience however seemed more than just a visual hallucination as I was awake and remained awake afterwards.

I can recall the experience with vivid clarity as it was certainly the most terrifying experience that I have ever had.

Nodaki

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
At first, I got a good laugh out of the whole genital thing..

But I've had a similar experience.

There was this one time, I woke up at (You guessed it, 3AM) - and I felt this massive pressure on my whole body. I couldn't move. It was... horrible. The door to the hallway was open, and there's always a light on so no one in my house bumps into a wall trying to go to the bathroom.

Anyway, as I was laying there drowning in my fear... I saw this weird shadow in the hallway through my tv's reflection. It just walked by and I felt my fear hit a fever pitch.. I wasn't able to move until 10 minutes later, I screamed my lungs out.

The place I live in used to be a hospital, so I was left with these two questions:

1) Was it actually a ghost?

2) Or was it some sort of paranormal being with the intent of being an arse?

To the poster above me:

Actually... I think I know what you mean by the whole "Laughter" thing. I felt the same way when I saw the shadow in my hallway..

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
do you think you could make a simple drawing of how this thing looked like?
I keep wondering what that thing could be.

Thx for sharing you story

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What this is, is an Alien, some refer to them a ghosts, but they are always around and watching and they experiment on us when we sleep. yes/ no?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I posted in another thread that was then re-directed here, so instead of retyping my other posts, I will simply cut and paste.
+++
I used to suffer from night terrors regularly from child-hood until about 3~ years ago. So that was 20+ years of what I thought was psychic attack.
My religious parents thought it was possession or a demon trying to claim me. They had the house blessed by a priest, to no avail. It happened whether I prayed or not. Nothing seemed to help.

Then a few years ago I read about sleep paralysis and how night-terrors are related. The next time I had an episode I thought "This is not real" and calmly waited. The perceived menace and what I thought was a demon or some other malignant spirit then evaporated.

I have had 2 episodes since then, and each time I have just thought "this is not real" and regained conscious control of my body and was completely awake in moments. And in the last 2 encounters, the feeling of dread and a dark presence was absent.

In my case at least, it was sleep paralysis and I learned to control it. The whole night-hag aspect was just a product of having been influenced by my parents and not knowing that it was a mundane aspect of our sleeping lives rather than a spiritual encounter.

I believe it was a case of making my own reality. And now that I know differently, I don't suffer from the same fear and panic when it happens.

I suggest you remain calm next time it happens, and repeat in your thoughts "This is not real, I will wake up shortly".
+++
I have no answer as to why we all see the same thing. It could honestly be our imaginations, or maybe it could be a spiritual presence. I cannot say for other people, but as I have stated, for me it was just a case of sleep paralysis.

If it happens to you again, just remain calm and believe your own words when you say "This is not real."
Then again, it may have been spiritual in nature, but my BELIEF that it is not real and that I am in no danger protects me. Who knows? The imagination is a powerful thing.

In either case, both when I suffered from night terrors and now that I am convinced that it is just a normal phenomenon it appeared that I was responsible for any feelings of fear or calm.

Before I knew any better, I thought it was an evil entity. Now that I know it was just sleep paralysis I am perfectly fine. No panic, no fear. No entity. Just calm.

Hope this helps you.

+++

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _Float_

I have created a simple image of what I have seen,

Around 4-5 feet tall, I did recognise that it wore a cloak with hood.

It floated around 1-2 feet from the ground.

Hope this helps.

Ps, I still have not had anymore experiences.

Thanks

[edit on 4-4-2009 by slowboy51]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The mind does play tricks on us. This does not mean that there aren't forces out there that are beyond our comprehension.

Ever wondered why Catholics only sees visions of Virgin Mary? You don't ever get Muslims seeing Buddha. Likewise, Buddhists seeing Mohammed or Jesus Christ, and so on. The mind is a powerful thing. It conjures up images depending on the level of conviction and also the mental state of the individual at a specific time.

Do this little exercise and see how powerful you mind can be. This is taken from a manual on Spring Forest Qigong.

The aim of the exercise is to grow the length of your finger right before your eyes.

• Find the bottom lines in both your hands where the wrists and hands join.

• Put these two lines together and compare your fingers to determine which hand has the longer fingers.

• Put the hand with the longer fingers down and raise the other hand with your fingers gently stretched open (If the fingers of both hands are of equal lengths, just have either hand, one up, one down.)

• Close your eyes

• Concentrate your mind on the fingers of the hand you have raised, and repeat in your mind for 1 to 2 minutes, "My finger are growing longer, longer, longer." Visualize the fingers growing longer

• Open your eyes and compare the fingers again by lining up the bottom of both hand

Some of you will find that indeed the fingers of one hand has grown longer. The fingers will resort to normal length, once you convince yourself it has.

Having said all that, I myself has experienced sleep paralysis twice in my life. Once as a kid and the other when as an adult. In both instances I woke up when I felt a shaking/knocking under the bed. My voice was gone, as I tried to call out in both instances. However, there was no visual encounters.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slowboy51

My GOD..

I still remember the shadow, as clear as day.. It is similar to the one in your drawing, but with a more definite shape.

Mine was about 4-5 feet tall, with what seemed like spiky hair and arms and hands like a human being. The torso was skinny, like on a teenager that spends weekends in a weight room.

The shadow didn't seem to have eyes or a nose.

~Shoop

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShoopDaWhoop

Although the drawing is not 100% accurate, that is as close as I can remember it to be. Yes, it had no facial features but I had the sense that it did.

I'm a month away from reaching 28 years old. this is the first and only time that I have experienced this, if it is (sleep paralysis) and it is a (condition) why has it only happened once to me not long after I moved into a new home?

Agh the stress levels.... oh wait the first time I moved out of my parents home to a flat I never experienced anything??? In any way I should have been more stressed on my first ever home move doesnt anyone think???

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I once had a figure at the door of my room. He was about a foot short of the top of the door, dressed in a smart black suit and had pointed ears. I couldn't move and the more I tried the more the figure smirked and then began laughing.

I can't remember any sound but mostly the visuals. Since I was a child i've had this kind of ringing in my ears while I'm half sleeping that can increase to the point where, especially when I was wee, I thought that my head would explode or at least my eardrums burst. I've learned how to wake myself from this one now.

So this helped in this situation I think. I realised I was was in some sort of sleep state and figured if I forced myself to sit up I would wake up and the fear would be gone. This was quite a struggle but I did this.

Then it got wierd. The figure saw this and was shocked, darting out of the room. I thought the best thing to do at the time would be to go around the house and turn all the lights on which I did. Then, standing naked in the lounge feeling a bit daft, I could've swore I saw the figure peer into the window from outside. I checked and, as expected, there was nothing there.

so I sat up till dawn smoking cigarettes and watching TV. Seems funny now looking back on it.
I don't remember being particularly stressed at the time, or ever really, but it's interesting to read all of these other accounts.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Locke23 just the other week someone started a thread that this member was waking up at 3am.. i don't remember how long this lasted. you should look for this thread and give the person a u2u

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet you kindly asked not to be bashed, that this was still fresh in your mind and what happens? ridicule. i'm very careful what i tell these people.
you said you had said your prayers before you went to sleep, to be a warrior for God. that may have been what kept you in your bed and not being abducted. don't let that experience keep you from praying, pray more and harder
peace be with you

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS that was kind of you to give that comment and i totall agree
the MOD's should give you at least 500 pts. for that being that we don't see these reply's much
but i see that your not out for points to to wear as a badge of intelligence, you don't need them

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
@slowboy51

Excellent rendition, this event happened to me over five years ago and I can still remember it as clear as yesterday.

My recollection of the "hallucination" was that it was between five and six feet tall initially when I awoke, but it had the ability to grow and shrink very quickly.

The ability of the minds of many peoples throughout history in many different cultures, without prior knowledge of these experiences, to collectively recall similar experiences with strikingly similar visual entities, (the old hag, the crusher, incubus, succubus, the dark shadow) is truely mind blowing. A Psychologist dismissing these as a product of an overactive imagination ignores the entity/cross cultural/historical link.

Nodaki

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Could this mean that we are all collectively linked in someway... spiritually?

It is food for thought.

I have had a few comments from gideonhm on my external link picture, something about a device thats implanted in my brain???

See if anyone can elaborate on what gideonhm says..

Thanks

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join