It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Wonderful reply! I commend your insight & statements.

Frankly, I do care what you believe, but it is really none of my business.

Now, since you indicate certain 'potential awareness of inner realities,' please let me do you a very grand favor (up to you). Research Ingo Swann. Thoroughly. Some of his writings are very expensive, but well worth it. Much is freely available on the net. Don't resist just to 'foil' me (I do care, remember), but take the hint. With your psycholgical training, it will only lead you into further realms of higher awareness than you [may] already possess.

I will not extol or glorify Ingo's achievements further, but highly recommend you [and any others!] become familiar with his body of work, if you aren't already.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Thank you and I shall read his work. For your information what I said about your beliefs was not intended to be insulting just a fact. I have learned long ago that it is exceptionally difficult if not impossible change a persons perceptions and beliefs; therefore, I chose not to try. What you believe is in fact your business and it is one of the few things left in this country that cannot be taken away from you. As I stated before I only tried to offer an explanation that had some sort of credibility and not just my own random thought. After reading our discussion, I am sure you realize just why I have been a member here for a little under 4 years and have only 160 points. Anytime you give someone an explanation here that does not agree with their own beliefs you are ridiculed and harassed. For this reason alone, although I spend 2 or three hours a day here, I rarely post anything. I only offered an explanation because I have education and quite a bit of practical experience in this particular field. You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe and you are also free to make your understanding of psychology revolve around a single persons idea, I; however, chose a broader spectrum from which to gain information and understanding.

[edit on 11/30/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
reply to post by SS,Naga

You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe and you are also free to make your understanding of psychology revolve around a single persons idea, I; however, chose a broader spectrum from which to gain information and understanding.

Thanks. I don't have my awareness revolve around a 'single person's idea," I enjoy the broader spectrum, like you. However, some few humans are born with especial gifts, which may interest certain others.

I have nothing but respect for you, seeing as you have aptly explained your pointview re: responses here. Wise!

If you do actually look into Ingo, please feel free to U2U me anytime for alternatives to cheaper sources of his harder to find works. He remained outspoken for most of his life, having finally turned to slience, presumably due to external pressures, or perhaps a desire to be left alone during his twilight yrs. The reason I suggested him, was the information is potentially verifiable by the individual, which I can happily say I have done. Also, most his work has been documented with govt. & scientific settings. In a controlled test, including many psychics, he was the only one able to exert sufficient psi energy to affect an object in another room [documented]. That might tell you where he sits on the pyramid. His primary research has been the validity of the inner realms.

I must admit, I agree with your statements on communicating with others insofar as changing belief-patterns. I have achieved this several times, but only due to tremendous outpouring of effort, and their willingness to 'follow along.' Yes, this on occassion turned antagonistic. But sharing often leads to much elucidation for not just myself, but others. The help I have received from these sites is incalculable.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had a similar experience about 30 years ago. I have kept it fairly secret my whole life.
I was awakened at about 8:00am by the sound of visiting family members at my parents home when I was about 17 years of age. I was fully awake. My bed was next to a window that looked out over a lake. I had looked out the window and could hear the discussions of my parents and relatives in the foyer just below my room.
Gradually, something appeared in a black spot of a poster I had on the wall. It was very demonic. I could not move. I tried to move as the image spoke to me. I could not move and was definitely and absolutely pinned to the bed. It was not dark in the room for the early morning sun was already shinning. I was not on drugs nor do I have any diagnosed mental conditions.

In a growling voice it said that it would kill my mother. This was followed by loud banging noises that sounded like gunshots. I was, and have never in all my adult life, been so absolutely terrified. As the presence faded I struggled desperately to get up and get out of the room. Suddenly I bolted upright as it ended and raced into the hall screaming bloody murder. My mother raced upstairs to find me in absolute terror.
I don't care if a bunch of Phd's come up with a reason for things they have never experienced themselves. I know one thing for absolute sure,
what happened to me was as real as the sun shinning outside your window. No hallucination, never had another situation like this one since, although I have had some experiences as unsettling as this.
And by the way, I had given my life and faith to God at the time and I do believe, for those who believe, the battle is and can be very real, even if nonbelievers don't believe.
Darkness will not battle for a soul that it already owns.
Keep praying my friend, what is happening in the world is meant to be. The fear and paranoia, it is orchestrated, but it is not by the means that many believe. What is coming is not a new world order.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am fairly disgusted by the number of posters claiming that the story is "discredited". The original author reported an experience which happened to him. From his experiential reality, this is what occurred. It was the experience of a demon messing with him. He gave his perspective about what occurred to him and didn't hold anything back. He made no claims that the demon was real or not-- but that he experienced as such.

If psychedelic usage "discredits" a witness, then the Mercury program astronauts are out, as part of the test to become one was a government administered LA-111 to see how they reacted and reported the experience. They are seen and viewed as highly credible witnesses.

Now as to these demons being real or not, does not change how it felt to the poster-- nor his experience.

This being said, I personally had a similar experience many years ago. It came about after having listened to "hemi-sync" tapes from the Monroe Institute. It is a semi-reproducible experience.

Let's take a little excursion into science for a moment. Science studies reproducible and predictable phenomenon. Science is a model of the real world based on these principles. Popper takes it even further in saying that it's only science if it can be proven wrong, as nothing can ever be truly proven true [warning: mincemeat paraphrasing].

Lets do a gedankenexperiment for a moment and imagine that demons were real. How predictable would they allow themselves to be? A true demon would make sure that any experiment about their nature would fail with odd random results [yellow flag on the idea: getting into self-referential Godel territory]. So any study of the existence of demons is by it's very nature outside the realm of science and neither disprovable or provable.

A rationalist believes (and the preponderance of evidence is usually on the rationalists side) that demons don't exist and it's a purely psychiatric phenomenon. But this doesn't in any way change the experiential nature of what the poster described. Note that rationalism involves believes.

I in no way am asserting that said demon exists or doesn't exist. I'm just tired of the crudeness of debunking going on.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
After reading the op song lyrics went through my head

mama told me not to come!
mama told me not to come.
that ain't the way to have fun
son
that ain't the way to have fun.

but seriously. the closest thing i have ever came to sleep paralysis was falling asleep with my fingers clasped together and waking up in a panic unable to unlock my hands.

Guess you can describe it as sort of a Chinese finger nightmare.

If you read the book. "the interpretation of dreams" it takes a lot of mystery out of what and why you sometimes dream strange things. All simple explanations like images you saw, experiences or fears you had the previous day. typical worries. all making perfectly logical sense. at the time before reading the book over 20 years ago i was expecting all kinds of supernatural or mysterious answers. I actually slept better after knowing why i had the dreams I did.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by A W Smith]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by A W Smith

I have read a lot of Freud's work and you are in fact correct. and to the other guy I was not trying to debunk the op, just offering a possible explanation for a highly improbable situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Thanks for your comments.

I try to keep all of this in a reasonable light with an open mind. Maybe these experiences are all simply hallucinations which many experience simply due to the way evolution wired our brains. Even in obersvation of the physical world, it is often hard to say exactly what happened. Only with repeated observations from different perspective are we able to improve our understanding of the true nature of things. I still have a great deal to learn about the physical plane where I live, let alone the spiritual plane that I can barely perceive.

I found your reference to Ingo Swann very interesting. Apparently this guy was able to consistently demonstrate psychi abilities in the laboratory. Interesting that he is not well known. Apparently we was able to each others how to do this, so it is a matter of developing the technique, and I imagine constant repitition in a lab would allow someone to develop improved techniques in utilizing their psychic abilities. Very interesting stuff, I will have to do some research.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I remember reading something about this awhile back and came to find no leads that happen to fit mine (as much as I hate to release personal info) or your kind of experience. Sorry if its been asked or if this seems like a interview but if you still remember what did you do the night before, what was your state of mind do you tend to have sexual ideas (yes I'm serious, I believe these types feed off of hidden ideas, good and bad) or sexual fears did the being (you stated you saw it in someway) seem male or female.Two more did or do you happen to have met random people that you didn't know (MOST important if in early youth) and did you see or been through any paranormal acts or do you yourself have something unusual about you?

Depending on how close you answers are You may help me be able to determine what or who cause these events.If you have any questions i'll answer them for you, as repayment for the questions and because go figure I found this the same day after (I think 3:43 western) in which I had one of these episodes.

Good luck

Manchester

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
s0ndernet:

Your prayers caused the evil to worry some, yes it was trying to scare you.

3:00AM is the witching hour, evil forces pick on people, You have to command that evil to not come in your home.

YAHSHUA MESSIAH is LORD over all things.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

My, my, my...

Bro, what you went through is a good thing, it opened your eyes to something that many of us here on ATS never see, those of us who have been "abducted by aliens", so you are not as deeply deceived as most here, if there sorcery would have had it's full effect, you would have thought aliens were abducting you, well, actually you would'nt have remembered anything at all, God may have let you see them for what they really are. Evil beings, demons.

Now I can tell you that you can stop these things from happening, you can stop them in the name of Jesus, no I'm not some religious nut, I'm just someone who knows the truth and understands what is really going on. I'm telling you right now, Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Light, become a follower of His ways and except the price He paid (He sacrificed His life) for your eternal life and forgiveness of all wrong doings (please don't bash me folks, I'm only trying to help with by giving the knowledge I have, I get no "Heaven points" or anything silly like that for telling people about Christ).
I am so glad you have such a great father who's in touch with the Creator, this my friend is the beginning of a very long and painful journey.
U2u me any time for any help you may need. I sure wish I had someone to help me, I was all alone and I got the full dose of the demons sorcery, it destroyed my life, but I will be glad to help you by offering any and all knowledge I have.

A good website you may want to check out is www.AlienResistance.org Everything they state on there is true.

God Bless,

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
When I was a child I would have these paralysis nights.

The first time, I remember waking up, and my chest felt as if a large boulder was on it. I saw an orange/yellow glowing face just above the floor, beside the bed.

From then on, I would usually wake up with the 'boulder on my chest' feeling, and I would cry out for my mom.
Mom would come from the other end of the house into my bedroom.
However, whenever I looked outside the door of my bedroom, the area beyond the door would always seem to be in a very elongated perspective i.e. I would see my mom far away in the distance, and would say, "Mom, you are far away."

She would sit with me and rub my chest, until I went back to sleep.

Many years later, I had recently become a Christian.
I was staying at an aquaintance's house, and having an afternoon nap.
I woke up, with a voice in my head which said to me firmly, "There's a demon in the room."
I opened my eyes, and saw a black mist in the far corner of the room outside the one I was sleeping in.
The black shape quickly rushed over to where I was, and I found myself struggling for breath.
I could feel my life being sucked out of me, but managed to cry, "in the name of JESUS!!".
Things were normal again.

A couple of days later, having another afternoon nap, I woke up, and my friend also was awake (or so I thought) on the sofa near me. He was lying on his side, and looking at me in an odd/funny way.
I think that too was a not-quite-awake moment.

That was around 14 years ago.

I have only had 3 other fairly recent occurences:-
1. a gentle voice telling me to, "wake up (name)", in the morning.
2. waking up, and swearing that I could see/hear/feel an impression lifting -as if someone was sitting on the bed near my head.
3. hearing a quick rapping on my front door sometime after midnight, and waking up.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Good thing you only had one such instance. I had one too many, lost count of them and started since childhood.

If I could only catch one of these beings, I'll torture them eternally. I have seething hatred for them and it's not surprising they're no longer visiting me for a long time. I'm fighting fear and reflecting their energies back to them.

If ever I become a trans dimensional being, it will be my life's work to catch every one of them, and lock them up in eternal prison of torture and pain

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

s0ndernet, you are definitely not alone in your experience. This happens to me every couple of weeks. I will wake up usually in the middle of the night, or at dawn, to realize I am in a state of paralysis. I see "them" a lot too during these instances. I communicate with "them" sometimes also, when I choose too. They used to scare the **** out of me because they would catch me off guard, but I'm pretty used to it and have learned how to break the paralysis spell at will. They definitely don't like this. This has been happening for about 4 years. I am 25 years old. And I have a clean bill of mental health, I am a software developer, not some mental case.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by chapter29
MODs...
Doesn't this belong in the Short Story forum..?

I think this is actually being presented as something that really happened...not fiction. I dunno. The line about praying to the creator and offering to be a spritual warrior kinda threw me...who does that?

Someone telling a story, thats who. Simple.

This is like all other similar "stories". My neighbor swears he see's Elvis on a regular basisin his toilet and he can read and write complete sentences as well (the neighbor, not Elvis, that'd be gross).

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I had the same type of experience when I was visiting in the Philippines. I was sleeping then I was woken up because I couldn't breath. I was lying on my stomach and I felt a heavy weight on my upper back. I turned my head as much as I could to see what it was. And what I saw was small ebony skinned man in a loin cloth with a pointed head trying to suck the breath out of me. Instead of being scared, I turned over really quick and said "Get the f*** off me!". He looked surprised and disappeared. At the same time he disappeared I heard other people in the house wake up screaming. I don't really like telling this story because I know a lot of people don't believe in this sort of thing. I feel your pain.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

the room would have this strange appearing fog like tint and would fade away when I could move again and actually lift myself out of the bed.

This is how my most recent experience was as well, except the tint was light blue.

The first time sleep paralysis hit me, I was absolutely terrified. It was in the middle of the night and dark, and I believed there to be a man standing down the hallway directly in front of my bed through my open bedroom door.

That was probably 5 years ago.

My second experience happened about 2 weeks ago, I was in a different house, and I believe it was 9am. I was awoken from a damn good dream and I realized I could not move and knew exactly what was happening. I was terrified, though I knew that it was because that is what happens when sleep paralysis occurs. I could rationally think, so I was calmer than the last time.

But when I looked up, there was a blue, translucent, featureless figure with a hood on straddling me, with his left hand on my chest/neck and his right was clutching a dagger/syringe (also blue, almost connected to his body as you would imagine a silhouette). Reminded me of the guys from Lord of the Rings.

I could not feel him on me, and everything was relatively calm, given the circumstances. I turned my eyes away, waiting for him to kill me, but he didnt move. Only when I tried to struggle, did he seem to move closer.

I prayed, asking for Jesus to protect me, saying the same phrase (I forget exactly what it was) to myself over and over until I just gave up and stared at the clock to my left until it slowly faded and the fog lifted. I did not see what happened to the figure when I came out of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All I had to do was read the title of this post, and I knew I had to reply.

They are ghosts. poltergeists infact.

It happened to me when I was 12 years old (24 now) and even thought 12 years have passed since, I still remember the instance clear as day. its been absolutely burned, and ingrained in the back of my mind.

I was in a deep sleep, out cold, after a rough day of playing outside, eating milk and cookies... you know the whole kid thing. I was tuckered out. I wake up at 3:37am, from eyes sealed shut to eyes plastered open. I wasn't even dreaming at the time, i was in a deep, deep sleep. When my eyes popped open like a window shade, I could not move, I could not breathe, I could not do anything but lay there and stair up into space. I DID see a shadowy figure out of the periphery of my left eye. If felt as though something was holding me down, hovering inches from my face, and screaming the highest, shrillest scream I have ever heard. But there was no noise. I just felt it throughout my entire, motionless body. This went on for a good 5 minutes, and I am not affraid to admit the fact I pissed myself in the process.

The exact same thing has happened to a countless number of my friends, and my girlfriend included:

I used to live in a very, very old house, one that on a number of occurances proved itself to me and my 4 roommates as being extremely haunted. One night me and my g/f were sleeping and both woke up at about 4am, to the same experience that you all, myself included have already described. I knew she was awake, she knew I was awake, but we layed there motionless, unable to speak, and scared #less for a moment. Then, the fog lifted and we talked about what the # had just happened. During our conversation, we heard loud, stomping footsteps downstairs. She begged me to go down and check it out, and she thought maybe someone had broken into our house. Either way, there was no way in hell I was going down there. So we sat, scared #less and listened to the footsteps pound away at the first floor and the stairs... and then it stopped.

This # is real guys. I am a scientist, and I do not believe in a god, heaven, hell, the afterlife, ghosts or anything paranormal. But I have no logical explanation for this, none what so ever... until I saw the definition of a poltergeist. Now I am a believer.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

DEMON IN BED !!!! me too

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
dam i suk at this game| noob

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join