It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

Dude, believe it or not? But this is so incredible strange for me to see this! but 16 years ago a had a very similar experience. To make a whole story verty tight and short.

It was in a time a was extremely open minded. We try d to learn many different paranormal and occult stuff. Things like firing invisible energy balls, astral projection, summoning spirits with Ouija board, ufo things, abd so on...

I was also reading the comic strip The Chronicles of the black moon (was translated in: kronieken van de zwarte maan)
In that book was a fictional character a red demon good looking lady. Well, on a particular morning i had a dream wich was and felt very real. I think that (if such a thing exist that is) it was a astral projection i had trough a dream. I was at someones house, with people i did not know. Suddenly my vision gets pulled back (and think i had that thinkingly feeling in my stummick like falling, but not so hard as you had many times as a kid, but i am not sure this happend, its een a while you know) when leaving the house i had the feeling like i wa beign pulled back, like some kind of string was attachet to me, then i recognized the place. It was my homestreet. I kept getting pulling back into my home, to my bedroom to my head, and everything was realy swirling and turning at that time.

Now i do not recollect the correct order of things that happend next. But i had a porteble cd-player wich played metalica. the music stopped, the i heard my name calling tree time, and the only thing i could move was my head. the scary part, was the name calling. First time over it was a very calm en gentle girllike voice, second time was a bit more stressed and louder, and the third time it was a very loud scream, then i seamed to wake up (it could be that it was on that moment the music stopped) and i turned my head cealing upwards to see that demonlike chick naked. I had a major out of the ordinary erection (i know people will propelbly laugh with me cause of this, but its true). Strange part was that i was not afraid that moment, and somehow i was not being provoked. That image, which was not an hallucination, although i smoke pot that time, dissapearded after a few secs (don't remember how it disappeared)

Even more strange was the fact, that my mom was just in the hallway and heard her name calling tree times, she never told me if the third time was also screaming!

So you can see how i find it creepy you had a similar experience

EDIT, ow almost forgot, after a few minutes the music started playing again where it left off!

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Grifter.be]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi All

this is my first posting on ats I have been just an observer for about a year

I too suffer from sleep paralysis . it happens to me about once or twice a month for the last twenty years.

it is an extremely unpleasant thing to experience.

normally I have the sort of standard experience that begins by waking up and not been able to move and been totally terror filled
your laying there waiting for someone or something to either come round the bedroom door or appear at the window .what it is i dont know i just know somthing dreadful is about to appear (it never does)
you start screaming at the top of your lungs but it seems nobody can hear you (my wife say she never hears anything) .
then i wake up.
only you are not awake and the whole thing starts over again .
the most recent one was last night when i woke up thinking our cat had got back in the house and was walking up and down our bed and i could not move an inch(i could feel its 4 paws)i was able to wake up after a min or two .
i reached over to turn on the light and floated out of the bed !! i then woke up for real

the worst experiences I have had (their are two that stick in my mind) was when I woke up and felt that someone was jumping up and down on my chest it was so real it left me quite and withdrawn for a few days after .

the second one is the worse one . I woke up from a very lucid dream with an extreme pain in my nuts I mean it felt like someone had grabbed hold of them and was squeezing with all their strength .even when I woke up fully they felt numb and ached slightly . again i was not myself for a few days afterwards

for years now i have had to sleep with the light on in the bedroom because it lessens the terror i feel.
even then it is worse than anything you can imagine

thats my story
thanks for taking the time to read this post

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeBandit
Okay, i apologize for making fun of your story.

I was seeing a neurologist lately for some routine check ups. I asked him about the not able to move issue when waking up, because i had experienced it a few times when i was younger and he told me it's a quite known sympton.
It occurs when only parts of the brain are already awake, while others are still asleep. So you think you are completely awake but you cannot move your body, because the part of the brain which controls your movements is still in sleep mode. The brain is not fully connected to your muscels etc while asleep, otherwise you would do many things which you dream physically in reality.
In this state of partly awakening you can hallucinate and mix up dream and reality. People say that they were 100% awake, but thats an illusion.
When this happens more often combined with other symptoms it can be a form of narcolepsy.

I'd have to agree with that for my own experiences. But We should not put all eggs in same basket. Though damn it seems so real that there is no doubt in your mind that its not a dream or hallucination... until you find some clues that makes it obvious that it can't be real.

Like me flying from my bed to the kitchen landing on the floor on my back not being able to move and none would see me of course. BUT I could hear people talking and what they were saying was real, because they were still going about same topic when I'd finally really wake up not long after.

And of course its not possible to scream I can't even open my mouth most of the time.

The worse was when I was layed down next to my bf trying to wake him up because I was scared as hell and could not move or scream at all... I was so sure it was real until one day I could finally shake him and I thought he woke up but then I woke up... and asked him if I had shook him and he said nope...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i woke up in the middle of the night a couple years ago completely unable to move, and although I didnt see any multidimensional creature, i certainly felt a very strong presence in the room.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

oh yea chick well contact me if thats ya pleasure! Mwahh! na serious though i`m here girl!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi, sondernet, I found your experience interesting. Hope this helps:
First, your reception (what was perceived): Dr. Steven Greer, in 'Hidden Truth', discusses receiving similar experiences, mostly awake. He shares in his book, which is very interesting, and consistent with information which is shared on ATS, how he addresses 'incoming data' such as this in an effective way, I believe it is towards the near end of the book when he shares about his melanoma experience. The 'data' transmitted to him, as he puts it, was intentional. He has since visualized (and I am paraphrasing) and 'intended' surrounding himself in the white light of love and truth, and that of the sender, and stay focused on this, no matter how uncomfortable the experience. Again, his book is interesting, even if one does not agree with or believe what he shares.
Second, if the 'information' comes from elsewhere (your own 'subconscious', what ever that really means), I am betting that Dr. Greer's technique can help you determine that (one intentionally seeks the source of where this 'data' is coming from, and then sends love and light to it, in a nutshell).
3rd, A book by David Moorehouse, Psychic warrior, had dreams where his dreams appeared to come more from his 'subconscious', but were just as scary and 'ominous', yet were to convey messages more to him about issues in his life decisions (major crossroads) he was making. He was hit in his helmet with a bullet, and after that began having these dreams and exceptional abilities, according to his book. His story is also very very interesting, and at worst, entertaining, if one lends no creadence to the content.
4th, paralysis is known in certain phase of sleep (REM or stage 4, where afferent motor control from the brain, for some reason does not occur.) it occurs in us all, but most do not awaken during this phase as it is 'deep sleep', and if we do, we quickly snap out of this 'stage' of sleep and into a more 'awake' state where we regain motor control. These are my first thoughts on your experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo
reply to post by lee anoma

Umm, just because you did drugs previously does not mean the OP was on drugs at the time he experienced this.

Huh?

When and where did I say I did drugs?

I said I DIDN'T (and don't) use drugs.
The OP said he/she had a history with psychedelics.

I was arguing that even if the OP had taken drugs in the past that this does not make the story irrelevant or simply a dream not that this was a drug hallucination. That I had a similar experience and don't have a history of prior drug use.

Maybe you should re-read my posts I was saying the same thing you just did.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
Thank you for your intelligent reply!
And the case is as you said, a "different story" as i have not taken psychedelics in some time.

I think you two should seriously take your time and read posts a bit carefully.
You would hopefully see the difference between someone supporting your story and someone canning it.

In any case, your experience is not uncommon as I said before beyond that I have nothing else to add.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

why does your god..and his angels..only help when you beg them too?...

if i saw someone being abused id help without being begged...im like that....

During the last sleep paralysis I experienced, I didn't begged God and the Angels, I only wanted to regain control. But two unseen beings came to help, the woman was wearing a hood and had a little boy with her.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I experienced sleep paralysis one time and I am 22 years old, this occured 5 days ago. It happen a day after I began researching it. Also it coincided with a very lucid dream, which I have been having more in past months.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have had experiences like this before but i didn't see any demons. I have had very realistic dreams where i was paralyzed with a demon entity influencing the dream and couldn't do anything but move my mouth, even moving my mouth was a chore, but the second i got the word "Jesus" out i completely snapped out of it and woke up, the room was cold and an overwhelming sense of fear in the room.

In one particular dream i had got up because I heard something in the living room, i walked into the living room and something picked me up about 2 feet off the ground and started spinning me around. I couldn't do anything and i even tried to speak but couldn't, finally i decided that i would just say the word "Jesus" under my breath and when i did i woke up, to my surprise when i woke i couldn't open my mouth, i realized my lips got chapped in the middle of the night and stuck together lol, i then realized that when i was trying to speak in my dream i was trying to speak for real.

I have had dozens of experiences like this but nothing has really fully manifested itself to me, it always just seems to stay in the darkness. I have had friends and family actually see small demon monkey like creatures that would give an evil look and even say things to them but never to me, and in each case when the name of Jesus was spoken and an authoritative voice telling the demon to leave they always left immediately, sometimes in complete terror.

Keeper

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Why do automatically assume it was an interdimensional being?How could you possibly know that if this was the first experience of that kind you had.Even if it wasnt your first there is no way to know whether this was a demon,alien,interdimensional being,or horny Oompa Loompa.I have awoke from lucid dreams and sleep paralysis and seen figures or shadows in my room.I always assume they are remnants from the dream in the darkness and nothing has ever happened.If there were interdimensional beings,why would they come to ours to vibrate our sexual organs?And more importantly,how do I visit there?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
Wow. Thanks for the input. What you describe sounds dangerous.
I am interested in the idea of turning the paralysis into a Out of Body Experience which is what you had experienced, not a Lucid Dream...if i have my terms correct.

Personally, I believe that these episodes have a dual purpose, one being to allow us to face our fears. And let's face it, these things are scary.

I have experienced ASP since I was a child, my first memory of it was when I was about five. When I hit my late teens, they became extremely frightening, seemingly involving menacing forces. I was always afraid to even look around the room because I was convinced something "bad" was with me. This lasted about ten years.

I started to research the subject and when I realized that it was a sleep switch issue, I began to program myself to use this information when it was occuring. The first time I was able to do this, I mentally said, "I'd rather be flying" and I was. That was all it took. I was flying. The dream (or experience) was wonderful and really surprising.

After that, I had wonderful flying dreams for about a year. You know how great those are.

Now my ASP takes on a new dimension, mostly just sleep walking. I'm in my room, I'm awake and walking around, but it doesn't look like my room, it looks like something else. Sometimes, I've dreamt that we've had an earthquake and I'm in my room but it is destroyed. Then I wake up and I'm standing up outside of bed.

That's why not having weapons in your room is important. Even though you may not sleep walk now, you could in the future. This is the result of a damaged switch in your brain that prevents you from acting out your dreams.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That was a cool read but I got the impression that this person was sleeping and the cat jumped up on bed and guess what they all like to sleep in the same places. How much you wanna bet this person owns a cat? And yes even though you think your awake sometimes your really still dreaming. Then again fearful people always pray to blanket their truths. God willing the devil will return again. They always do.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

Man - I sure wish something would come and take me in the night - vibrant my vagina to the point the bed shook - then send me home unharmed! Unashamed and Un--pregnant. Now thats an AWESOME night! I wouldnt be complaining - Id be inviting he - she - it - they back anytime!

Call me some time.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

All I can say is that you are not alone. I had a similar experience almost 10 yrs ago and it is still fresh in my mind. I later recalled the experience under hypnosis. Even during hypnosis - the memory it was so intense - I almost fainted. I don't have any answers for you, but I believe you.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunflowerjj

i've heard this somewhere about the sucking energy from genital area, Also i can completly understand your prayer (soldier) etc when you next pray on our creator say highest creator (light)
also go to be with some crystals under pillow around bed whatever u feel ok with strenghten your (chakra's) also

I send forth to your my highest blessings in the knowing your light will brightenx......"Simple Blessings"

Sunx
[edit on 27-11-2008 by sunflowerjj]

I'm glad you understand my prayer, a lot of people didn't but its been part of my purpose in life i've known this sense childhood.
"highest creator" is the kind of terminology i use. I do this to make sure im pin pointing who it is i view as My God.
I have a box of crystals under my bed and alongside my bed on the floor are many crystals. I understand that these crystals have life and energy like all living things and that some crystals energies have an affinity with certain energies in the human body. I do not worship crystals or believe they have powers.
My light has brightened significantly because of this experience and im thankful for your blessing! Be well and blessing of love and light to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've experienced many types of sleep "disorders," from night terrors when I was young to lucid dreaming to, at one point, very common bouts of sleep paralysis. SP was happening so often that I had developed a "sign" to my girlfriend to shake me and wake me up - I would roll my foot back and forth.

At this point, I am convinced that what I perceive as "awake" when I experience sleep paralysis is NOT awake at all. What I did to prove this to myself was to take a quick inventory of objects around the room that I could see when I was paralyzed, and inevitably, when I awoke, something was out of place.

Items on the dresser were not the same, my girlfriend would be positioned differently from the moment she shook me to when I awoke, etc. I could hear her talking to me, and I had coherent thoughts in response. But the images seemed like tricks of the mind, as if the parts of my brain that are responsible for the visuals recognized that other parts of my brain were awake, so they were just going to create what was SUPPOSED to be there.

Thank goodness I've never experienced a being in the room with me because the paralysis itself is frightening enough. But I think even if I did, after the fact, I'd be pretty quickly able to write it off...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
I had wonderful flying dreams for about a year. You know how great those are.

YES, I DO! I love flying dreams and over the past few years I've really learned to soar and not float, I've got my maneuvering skills down pat and i can change elevation and coarse affectively.
One of the elements im working on right now with flying is staying in flight, i tend to lose altitude when confronted with certain circumstances in my dream.

You mentioned being afraid to 'even look around' during SP at a younger age, i can relate to that and the 'something bad' in the room was the reason why. At that time i never saw any entities but i did have the reoccurring dream with the little goblin(mentioned in another reply) in conjunction with the SP.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

Thats awesome of you to sign up just to share with us!
The issue of SP is a serious one and many people here have offered suggestions as to how to cope with or confront the experiences. I encourage you to read/skim through this entire thread if you are interested in affecting some change in your fearful experiences.
Who knows you might find a technique that changes your life and removes deep seated fear from your entire being.
Be Blessed!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join