It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dip in Silver Trading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can anyone explain this huge dip in Kitco's live silver chart? Around 9:00 silver dropped to below $7US- would've been nice to cash in on that deal.

www.kitco.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I hope that isn't your real, real avatar. I guess some people think the body beautiful no matter how overtly rotund.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I just find it odd a precious metal can lose almost half of its value for 15 minutes and rebound to original value afterward like nothing happened. Unless this is a Kitco glitch, seems possible it could be some sort of Wall Street ploy.
Think about it. If you bought silver within that 15 min time frame-lets say 10 ounces- you could've make almost a 100% profit in the next few minutes-then imagine if you bought thousands of ounces!
Seems like possible collusion to me! Or a simple glitch.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What has your post to do with the OP question??

Could it be that a lot of people/organisations at that time sold a lot of silver and thus dumped the price?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

My real name is Randy and I was once a cheeseburger prostitute- I'm now currently an assistant trailer park supervisor.

But could someone please do one of those image/screen shots in order to confirm this glitch in case of being adjusted?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickass

Could it be that a lot of people/organisations at that time sold a lot of silver and thus dumped the price?

I'm no pro-metals trader but it seems that would have to be a massive unloading and I don't believe it would explain the quick rebound to its original level. As you can see, during the last few days silver has basically flat-lined.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

They are manipulating the precious metals markets, I don't know if you recall back a few years ago when Buffet purchased every ounce of silver on the market that day.

Now we have the opposite taking effect, we have people dumping huge amounts of Gold and Silver on days that drive the price down. This is a good time to buy in as all the experts say they spot price for gold should be around 1500 to 2000 an ounce if it were true value. The dollar drops and gold and silver drops, this is bass-akward to what it should be doing and historically has done.

They are playing some incredible games with the world's economies right now, printing money fast as they can, of course not backed by anything real. Then they drop the prices of real commodities artificially when they should go up. I think this whole thing from housing to credit to gold/silver to bailouts are made for one reason...

Destroy the middle class completely and totally in one fell swoop, this is just my opinion but look at who is hurting in this economy of late it aint the rich or the poor it is entirely the MIDDLE CLASS...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's gone -too late- wish I knew how to take a screen capture-must have been a glitch.
Sorry All

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Screen Capture is easy my friend hit your Print Screen Key then open Adobe Photoshop or whatever your graphics program is and make a new file and paste to the new empty file and WALA, you've just screen captured. Hope that helps...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

No offense but alot of what you said I find to be a bit cliche and I would really like to hear specifics on how Globex messes with the otherwise natural order of things. I'll look into it or start another annoying post.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Sorry to correct you...I mean no disrespect but its voila not wala.Lol
As far as the market is concerned I think it is totally manipulated and if it did drop for 15 mins then somebody cashed in on it for sure.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well I can't tell you off hand, but, in the last few days one bank in particular was dumping 60 million ounces of Gold a day into the market, I think it may have been Wells Fargo but I could be wrong, I take medication for chronic back pain and my memory isn't great off-hand. I am sure you could look it up and see that they didn't actually own all that Gold they supposedly put on he market which is how the keep deflating the metals market.

I use Kitco too, i have their desktop app and I think maybe they are where I got the gold dumping info from so check there.

I really believe they are on purpose systematically destroying all the wealth so the middle class fails. I posted a thread yesterday from the Wall Street Journal where hey are already calling for a closure of all banks and opening new ones, of course they would have to introduce a new currency, AMERO ANYONE, because it would be stupid to close banks and then use the same bad currency to open new ones with. That would give us the same situation as we are in if they used the paper dollar again..

But I think you will agree my friend that if you look at the history of gold and silver markets whenever the dollar and market goes down the precious metals go up proportionately, so why in this time when the dow has lost 50% in the last few weeks has the precious metal markets plummeted with them? In y opinion they have to be manipulating it and some experts say Gold should be near 2000 an ounce if it was properly valued and silver upwards of 150.

Something is going on my friend and I think you've spotted it and have asked the right questions, now will somene in the KNOW let us know?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It was a bad print - the price didn't really drop to that level.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Listen Randy Leyhee the reason why it suddenly moves like that is because certain people completely own the silver market.
And other markets.
The have positions long and short at about every price going back 30 years.
And when they want it to move a certain way they just have to turn the screw a little bit and boom it moves.
There has even been articles from the NFA and CFTC on this and how they believe certain single entities control the silver market and they do it legally so there is nothing they can do.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by TH3ON3

My real name is Randy and I was once a cheeseburger prostitute- I'm now currently an assistant trailer park supervisor.

But could someone please do one of those image/screen shots in order to confirm this glitch in case of being adjusted?

hahahahahah...that killed me...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Can anyone explain this huge dip in Kitco's live silver chart? Around 9:00 silver dropped to below $7US- would've been nice to cash in on that deal.

www.kitco.com...

Somebody did profit from that deal. Government officials have insider knowledge and often trigger drops like this with their heavy hands so that they can all cash in on it.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

www.kitco.com...

Very probably just a data flaw.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Have you or anyone else witnessed or heard of an instance when such a manipulation occurred and then was covered up on the charts?
After Kitco adjusted the chart- within the hour- I assumed it was an error on their part.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think it's a good time to buy gold and silver and save it for better days. The price will go up.

God, guns, ammo and silver are great investments.

Please put your shirt back on. If we ladies have to keep our shirts on then you do too. I also find it offensive to see a man in a public place with his shirt off.

Back on topic.........buy, buy, buy gold and silver if you are financially able.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have been watching the Bullion, Currency and Oil prices for the last several months. I have noticed in the last couple months that appears that the Dollar and the Gold/Silver Prices seem out of whack with all that is going on. The Dollar goes up in value even though we pump the system full of money, it was higher already even though production (exports) was down.

Gold was close to $1100 an once not very long ago now its hovering around $800 something was in the low $700s last week. Silver has been all over the place as well. Oil is continuing to drop- is this demand? No, I do not believe so. It just all seems to good to be true.

Bullion Desk

Exchange Rates

NYMEX

<<   2 >>

join