It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Secretary of Transportation and the NAU Superhighway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Lyndsey Layton of the Washington Post was on Washington Journal this morning discussing who our new benevolent leader, Barack Hussein Obama, might pick as the Secretary of Transportation.
Here's her new article on Washington Post's site:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

and another by WP:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently, the US is in some sort of financial dilemma, though the way Washington DC spends money you might not think it. Furthermore, the US transportation infrastructure is apparently a bit underfunded-something about a bridge fell down or something. Seriously though, DOT has been (at least on ATS) overlooked recently and I thought about opening a general discussion.

I've looked at North American Union(NAU) stuff and in many ways the project of the North American Superhighway linking "smartports" on the West coast of Mexico to a likely US hub in maybe Kansas City then onto Canada via Michigan or elsewhere seems to have been stalled-at least in public discussion. This seems to lie at the heart of the North American integration as it would facilitate the most efficient shipment of slave-labor goods from Asia through Mexico onto the Wally worlds across N. America.

www.kcsmartport.com...

That scumbag governor from Texas, Rick Perry, seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to undermine US sovereignty via Mexican Truckers, etc. Mary E. Peters, the current Secretary of Transportation is likewise a globalist peddler of economic integration as she sees no problem with Mexican truckers in the US.

www.dot.gov...

The North American Leaders Summit is very much real (occurred in New Orleans in 08) as well as the SPP(security prosperity partnership).
The "beauty" of a Superhighway would be the privatized nature allowing only those who could pay the toll to ride. Would state troopers enforce safety or privately hired security companies?

If consumer purchasing power continues to dwindle and the economy remains "sub-prime" or worse this obviously seems to undermine such a facilitation of consumerism networking. Your Thoughts?
Will the new Secretary of Transportation further the NAU plan?
Will they be too strapped for cash. Will citizens?
Is the Superhighway plan dead in the water?
In what ways, if any, will the new Secretary perpetuate a NWO scenario?
More CCTV big brother monitoring of our crumbling roads?
Help push for national ID cards?

I plan on adding more to this later but please feel free to add to the discussion relating to "a new Sec of Trans and the NAU."
---and please be willing to add somewhat researched viewpoints/questions i.e. don't ask obvious questions you could have easily answered yourself- it's called a search engine-"deny ignorance." Thanks very much for your contributions.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah[...]of slave-labor goods from Asia [...] the Wally worlds across N. America.
[...]
That scumbag governor from Texas, [..]undermine US sovereignty via Mexican Truckers, etc. [...]

hmm.... someone's applying for a job by The Sun (or similar sesationilst prechewed msm outlet)

I like the way you tickle the anger of the racist camp by the way that you refer to some poor underpayed and overworked truckdrivers. Very nice indeed.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Aldolas]

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Aldolas]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

Sure the remark might play to the xenophobes- unintentional I can assure you.
I might respond by suggesting that we're all pawns in the same game. My heart goes out to the under payed truckers of Mexico and the billions of people on the world incomprehensibly more destitute than them but as the networks of globalization further deepen their penetration into national economies its becomes as some experts have called the "race to the bottom."

If anything I believe the citizens of Mexico, the US, and Canada should unite together to oppose the unjust system put in place by this globalist theocracy. I hate NAFTA and the like but I really didn't mean to trash-talk Mexican truckers. We're all human.
Their ability to truck in US territory does arguably undermine US sovereignty however. Those could be American truckers is the point.

I appreciate your criticism but if you could please try and add to the topic rather than address my crudeness it'd be great. Let's work together to understand the power implications in this in order to better know our enemy-if there is one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Not that I don't agree that the Nau and Superhighway is coming, I believe it is but it has been dealt a big blow that will set it back.
Texas voted and outlawed the taking of land and the constructing of the Super Highway and the ownership of it by a foreign nation.

This will most certainly cause them to regroup and come at it from another way but they will in the end win out over the People's wishes.

GOOD FIND, FLAG!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I've looked at North American Union(NAU) stuff and in many ways the project of the North American Superhighway linking "smartports" on the West coast of Mexico to a likely US hub in maybe Kansas City then onto Canada via Michigan or elsewhere seems to have been stalled-at least in public discussion.

For anyone who believes this 'superhighway' is on the back burner, check out the infrastructure project going on at the Ambassador Bridge which links Michigan and Ontario at the Detroit/Windsor border . . . Then check out the infrastructure project set to get underway on the Canadian side at Windsor and the ongoing ten-year project to open Highway 401 right through to Montreal and through to the Port of St. Laurence.

Don't kid yourself, the superhighway is a done deal . . . They aren't doing all this for fun and games . . . .

video of completed project

Link to Detroit River International Crossing site

Link to MDOT project information

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hopefully you're wrong about the futility of it all- it gets to be depressing real quick.
And yeah- Texas citizens seemed to really band together on that one. Much respect.
Your comment about them restructuring the NAU plan after said setbacks is quite possibly right on though there is the possibility of a complete abandonment of the highway scheme. Perhaps during the Trilateral Commission meeting back in the Spring and the early Autumn Bilderberg conference it was brought up that a complete change of plans would occur.

If any of this were true, I wonder how that coincides with power elite theories of them having a sort of master plan. Does anyone here who subscribes to the notion of them dictating the outcomes of things think some of their efforts fail?

On another note the WP article I mentioned above has this:

Jane F. Garvey
"Vetting: Garvey's recent work at J.P. Morgan Chase may cause concern among skeptics of public-private partnerships who worry about a proliferation of such projects at the federal level"
As a possible candidate for the position it's nice to see these Wall Streeters are still able to find work-maybe. Where would we be without them?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Nicely said GP.
I haven't looked at the US-Canada link for awhile- pretty alarming. Perhaps moreso is how it seems to have wiggled out from the conspiracy critics cross-hairs.

You would think this would at least help the Motor City out in some way

Then again...

Nice links- thanks for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
According to this AP List of Obama employees:
www.google.com...

These are the final contenders:

TRANSPORTATION SECRETARY

Jane Garvey, former head of the Federal Aviation Administration.

Mortimer Downey, former deputy transportation secretary.

Steve Heminger, executive director, San Francisco Bay area transportation commission.

The rest of that list is pretty interesting too but

top topics

join