It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How big is the Hole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Can anyone here predict how long we have before the house of cards collapse?
If the Car mnufactures go bang!
And then the Stock markets crash!
And then the Banks go bust!
What is the probability of these events happing?
I dont think the fed can print enough money to through into the hole?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I will give an uneducated guess of 1 yr at most.To me it looks like they are trying and trying to keep it together but I think its inevitable whats going to happen,either new money system or crash and burn.
They could also try war to get things moving again...who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

If everything is failing!
Why are they still throughing money at the problem!
What are the pros and cons of just hitting the reset button!

Cons 1)Millions of people lose their jobs. 2) Riots 3) War?

But if they wait and wait wont these problems be amplified?
Are there any pros?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel666

I think they are throwing money into it out of desperation.I don't think they want it to fall.They are probably as scared as the rest of us.
I agree throwing more will only amplify it later on.
Are there any pros?
I guess it depends on your outlook.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I work in a City in South Africa that is supported by GM, Ford and VW.
People are being retrenched left right and center.
And the Big three have not even falling yet!
I am scared!
The Big three Go Port Elizabeth (pop. 2Mil) turns into a ghost town!
Who has that big pump to blow up the bubble again?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666
Can anyone here predict how long we have before the house of cards collapse?
If the Car mnufactures go bang!
And then the Stock markets crash!
And then the Banks go bust!
What is the probability of these events happing?
I dont think the fed can print enough money to through into the hole?

I believe a crash is a certainty. I guess 3 months to a year. Post-crash, the questions are:

1) where will you get your water supplies?
2) where will you get your food supplies?
3) where will you get everyday supplies like toilet paper, fuel, etc?

Do you have a plan and supplies to survive an intentional system-wide crash?

[edit on 11/26/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

I am more then ready.I am just waiting now.
It amazes me how many are not prepared.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I think alot of people are scared.Theres not much we can do but start relying on ourselves for our essentials.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

At the moment i am not ready!
But from today i am going to double up on all shopping trips!
What is the best shopping list to see this through?
How long should we be stocking up for?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Lots of rice and lots of canned food.Spices are essential for moral and seeds might be needed as well.Try to have 2 yr supply is my plan.
Learn as much as you can about the land around you foodwise.
Just keep stocking up little by little and DON'T fear.
I would rather be the guy who had a smoke detector instead of the guy who took a handful of sleeping pills and went to sleep without one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
so long as the dollar is the world reserve currency, the U.S can withstand a hole that would sink any other country into a sure collapse.

by the time all the bailouts are done (end of 2009) the world order where country's support and lend to the u.s consumer to prop up there export markets may come to an end. And with that will be an end of the dollar as world reserve currency and our ability to have an economy that is like a cat with 9 lives.

the economy should slide in a pretty steady state fashion thru summer of 09' and then depending on wether we ride still have the world reserve currency when the deleveraging crisis finally passes will determine wether we EVER get back to a "normal" economy. But on a individual level that doesn't matter as much, so long as we maintain our jobs and ability's to meet our needs.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I understand that people only want to see things in terms and meanings they they can understand, however I'll still say welcome to the 2012 phenmomenon because this is part of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
the hole is sooooo big that there is no amount of dirt that can fill it

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
the hole is sooooo big that there is no amount of dirt that can fill it

But we might be able fill the hole with the bodies of our redundant politicians.

Jon

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quite simply, HUGE.

There is no fixing the economy. These are attempts to get votes and a way to say "We did all we could!! Please keep us in power!!"

As far as stocking up food. Stock up on any canned product you can. Meat... buy a rifle and a few thousand rounds, aim at the vital spot of the animal and enjoy.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

You almost made my xmas list with that post!!!HAHAHA

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

They could also try war to get things moving again...who knows.

There is more wisdom in that comment than you think! Question: What ended the 12 year Great Depression?

It wasn't FDR and the NEW DEAL. FDR made all the wrong choices, he raised taxes on business, practiced protectionism and started a bunch of make work government programs, nothing worked. Really, FDR did everything wrong till Pearl Harbor was bombed and forced the US into WWII.

Barack Obama is in a very tough position now. He promised increased spending and a ton of government programs. As one of his constituents said, he will pay my mortgage, my gas, buy my food!

So there are high expectations AND he has both houses of Congress so he has no reason not to produce all these things! Except that all the money has already been spent! So he can't do squat. Tough situation, if he had a Republican Congress he could blame it all on them and get by with it easily.

So Barack the big spender (he WAS the big spending Senator) has no money. He has to reduce spending. All his liberal programs have to be cut.

It would be pretty easy to stir things up a little over in Iran, or over in Georgia! That would save the Big 3, put them back to work making tanks to replace those retired Abrams! And Iran has a lot of oil so that would be a big plus too!

You don't think Barack hasn't thought about it? Permit me to doubt!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

October is historically the worst month for stocks.

November - February is historically the best time for stocks.

I doubt we will see any massive economic turmoil through the Christmas Season (I mean the Holiday Season) .. I would though bet that come February we will be in dire situation ..

The Gov in a very short time frame flooded the markets with cash, if companies don't scrape through the holiday Season without a least a -3% decline, we could be bracing for a long and extended downturn in the economy.

Modern Economies do not simply collapse, at least big ones don't.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think we are all to focused on the failure and i believe we need to look towards recovery and success or we will miss great opportunities to prosper. A hole is like a vacuum and as we know vacuums and holes get filled in naturally. Houses foreclose and an opportunity to buy at below market are available. Same as stocks. If a car company fails another with a better product vision and business sens will emerge and prosper. a-track was replaced by tape and tape by cd and cd by mp3 and on and on. Cars have been stuck on gas too long and our car companies did all they could to keep from changing that. Oh well boys nice knowing ya.The workers that are laid off are the real ones to suffer but they too should have seen it coming. How long did you think a company that doesn't evolve and grow to compete can survive? We fool ourselves to ignore the obvious at times. I'm guilty of it to. We tend to be like water. we take the path of least resistance.
However big this whole gets its gonna be filled by someone and those someones will be very rich. Unfortunately since we let our government ship so many jobs over seas and we import more then export all our cash dollars that have been printed are gathered up by foreign countries. If we want them back we need to produce something that they want, or need . If we don't then they'll come fill our void for us and buy our foreclosed properties and companies and hire us to work for pennies like what happens in china. Start to learn the language of the coming country men and you can make more money then the English speaking peasants.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

the economy should slide in a pretty steady state fashion thru summer of 09' and then depending on wether we ride still have the world reserve currency when the deleveraging crisis finally passes will determine wether we EVER get back to a "normal" economy. But on a individual level that doesn't matter as much, so long as we maintain our jobs and ability's to meet our needs.
reply to post by cpdaman

Thats a good prediction. Better than CNBC. A couple months ago I said that chaotic markets would calm in Febuary and the depression/ recession would ease in 2012.

One thing we can probably count on is the rest of the world won't lend us money on our "funny paper" for a while again. Ones like our Derivatives that were bundled real estate loans insured by AGI and dressed up like triple A investments. Meaning that we will be financing ourselves from now on and what we produce will be by our own sweat and effort.

What that means is that if we plan a project we should do it the most cost effective way and not waist a lot of money on lawyers, environmental impact statements and studies and so on. There is a lot of built in inefficiencies in our system now that can be done away with.

I like to site the example of how we built the Alaska Pipeline in '72-75. Companies were responsible for the environmental damages but all the studies and impact statements were set aside. The results were incredible compared with today.

Here is my thread on this: Reindustrialization of America! The only solution?

[edit on 27/11/08 by plumranch]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join