It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To Every Australian. Must Read This Thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok. I do NOT have a IRL life, so I ENJOY listening to NewsRadio. I enjoy listening 'P-Q-T' when the politicians are in Parliament House talking, doing their ..what ever they do. Anyway...I am wanting to let every Aussie know is what I heard that there is ONLY two frigate warships protecting Australia, because the rest of the Australian Navy is on Holiday. One frigate warship protecting the eastcoast and one frigate protecting the westcoast. That is what I heard from NewsRadio-P'Q'T.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
meh..we probably only have 3 most of the time anyway lol..

But seriously, though our seaman will be on leave it would be on condition they can be recalled at a moments notice. And dont forget the army & airforce.

The biggest danger I see with this is its open season for illegal fishing & refugees. As for concern about invasion, it wont happen. The US has too many interests here to sit back while were invaded, not to mention we likely have nukes at Pine Gap. Officially we dont, but thats only to appease the general population. Being a major US base, Im sure we do and have for a long time. Its not like the US to not take out insurance on their investment here should things go wrong at home.

Sit back, relax, and have a beer.

To potential foreign invaders I say - "do you feel lucky"

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I heard some chatter about this in the "news" the other day.

There was some concern that Australia was leaving the borders open, so to speak, during the Christmas break.

There was a few political shots being taken over this.

Statements like "It's an invitation to the terrorists" come to mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Statements like "It's an invitation to the terrorists" come to mind.

That was when Kevin07 PrimeTourist got elected. LOL.

Only 3 warships? Yeah, thats like it. Kevin07 is to cheap to invest money into the defence force. Even Pauline Hanson has done more damage then the 3 Australian Warships.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Dont be ashamed, A.B.C news radio rules..._javascript:icon('
')Im at one with being a news radio junkie, and question time..... well its ok, but they do go on a bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Does the op not know we live in the 21st century, why would people care about you only having two ships to defend aussie land?

Bizarre.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So what if there is only two ships patrolling, It's good to see a lot of our armed forces getting some well deserved time off.

It's not like there is some country waiting for this very moment to strike.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well I feel quite safe. If someone attacks, perhaps it will take my mind off the economy, impending job losses, weird freakin' weather -- not to mention the plethora of other threats ATS has brought to my attention...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i tend to agree that the fact we have only two ships on active duty at the moment is not a huge concern. Although the Naval personnel are having a bit of a holiday, it is after all well deserved but they do tend to call staff back in case of an emergency pretty darn fast.

Considering where we are, i don't think we have too many countries out there trying to look out for an opportunity to invade us at this time. That rudd character might have done away relationships with the USA, but that Mandarin of his has solidified quite a few political bridges in the last year.

Besides, we do have the RAAF to break up the party if gatecrashers decide to come waltzing in

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

')Im at one with being a news radio junkie, and question time..... well its ok, but they do go on a bit.

and here i was thinking that i am the only one listening to ABC news radio. I swear my husband looks at me funny whenever he gets into my car. Good to know that there are others like me out there.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are you really concerned about someone invading Australia? If so, who would have an interest in doing that?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow...I remember StarStuff (Extra) Long time ago. I used to enjoy listening to NewsRadio when they had StarStuff program on. Those were the days.

Are you really concerned about someone invading Australia? If so, who would have an interest in doing that?

Umm...China. I swear that Russia is secretly watching Australia for the perfect time to strike. Thank goodness for the Yanks with their missilebase here in Australia.

Originally posted by 04326

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

and here i was thinking that i am the only one listening to ABC news radio. I swear my husband looks at me funny whenever he gets into my car. Good to know that there are others like me out there.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That's what I was wondering. Who would want to invade you guys? I will say it is a bit lame you only have two ships guarding the coast, but again, what are you actually worried about?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
Ok. I do NOT have a IRL life, so I ENJOY listening to NewsRadio. I enjoy listening 'P-Q-T' when the politicians are in Parliament House talking, doing their ..what ever they do. Anyway...I am wanting to let every Aussie know is what I heard that there is ONLY two frigate warships protecting Australia, because the rest of the Australian Navy is on Holiday. One frigate warship protecting the eastcoast and one frigate protecting the westcoast. That is what I heard from NewsRadio-P'Q'T.

Well don't tell everybody

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Are you joking? I hope you are. Australia does have half the world supply of Uranium. Australia does export a huge poo load of stuff to China, that America does buy from China. Australia has a small amount of people living here.

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by sos37

That's what I was wondering. Who would want to invade you guys? I will say it is a bit lame you only have two ships guarding the coast, but again, what are you actually worried about?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Australia can only afford to buy one warship every 100 years. And Kevin07, the PrimeTourist is too cheap to do anything.

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by sos37

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You folks have one of the better Aircorps in the world and the ability of your Air services to get from point A to point B is not in question. Unless your tracking Naval vessles like subs there's realy no need to worry about the naval personel on leave!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah. I heard something that our Airforce has a good thing with when dropping cargo from really high up in the air.

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
You folks have one of the better Aircorps in the world and the ability of your Air services to get from point A to point B is not in question. Unless your tracking Naval vessles like subs there's realy no need to worry about the naval personel on leave!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I heard that some of the Australian Airforce pilots are training some of American Airforce Pilots. A while agom must of been a year or something. I thought, I heard something like some of the American Army was training in Australia. I could be wrong about that.

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Zindo

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Where is this US missile base you speak of?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join