It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have the world NOT end, please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've been thinking about it and I've decided that I don't really want the world to end. I kind of like it here. I like squirrels. And I like trees. And I like the way my blanket is all warm and cozy when it's really cold outside. I don't really like people very much, but I do like some of the things that people make, like anime and books and movies. And I like pretty girls. So I guess I do like some things about people.

All in all, Earth is a really nice place. It would be sad to see her go away. I would like Earth to still be here in the future. And I think I'd like to be here to enjoy that for a while. I could do without society. And I could do without control systems and money and I already gave up television about ten years ago, so there are definitely some things I could do without, but I don't think it's worth ending the entire world to get rid of these things. There has to be a better way.

I've also decided that I'm not really interested in any sort of doom and gloom reality. I don't mind if we all ascend to some sort of higher plane of existence where we can walk through walls and conjure things into being by thinking about it and sex is irrelevant because we're all magical psychic gurus who are above such silly things as purely physical bodies. That would generally be ok with me.

But...I don't want to live in an apocalyptic post-nuclear world, and I don't want to be invaded by aliens and eaten, and I don't want the be killed by robots and I don't want to deal with earth changes and ices ages and comets and floods or fire and brimstone and angry gods and I don't want to be rounded up into a concentration camp either by the NWO, the aliens, Jesus or even the flying sphagetti monster. If they'd like to visit, and chat over tea, that would be be ok. If they'd like to visit and chat without the tea because they don't have physical bodies and eating and drinking is self serving, that's ok too. But no rounding up and eating or enslaving people. I just don't want to deal with that.

Who agrees with me?

Can we have that? Can we have a nice future? Again, I'm not particularly concerned with the details. It's ok with me if we live in a Star-trek style universe where humanity develops technology that makes all our problems irrelevant, or if aliens show up and say "Hey, humans! You're doing it wrong!" or if the new agers are right and we all turn into pretty lights...whatever. Being a pretty light would be ok with me. If we turn into pretty lights, I would like to reserve blue, please. I like blue. I wouldn't mind being blue. Or green. Or maybe even some color with a really odd name like fuscia. Obviously it would be best to not be too attached to any particular color, and to be able to shift to whichever color suited you at any given moment, but seriously...whatever is probably fine, as long as it's generally nice.

So maybe the Atlanteans did blow themselves up. Or maybe there never was an Atlantis. It doesn't matter. It's not my problem, and I feel no need to go through any sort of cataclysm, whether it's cyclical or not. I feel no need to be rounded up, or eaten, or blown up, or endure any kind of "karmic" payback of any kind. I'm good. If you really need to experience that yourself, that's ok by me, but personally I'd like to pass on the cataclysm, thanks.

Can we do that? Can we humans have a nice future? Because honestly life has been extremely mediocre for the past ten years or so, and I'm not interested in doom and gloom anymore. I've been there. I've done that. Let's do something fun and nice now, please.

I realize it may not be as "exciting" as it is to talk about as the latest "The World's Gonna End!!!" theory...but seriously...let's at least have one reality where everything turns out spendidly, and really quite pleasant for everyone involved.

Who agrees with me? Would you tell me about it? Is it ok with you if the world doesn't end? What kind of future do you want to experience?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I would either like it to happen soon or not happen at all
. I do get the feeling that something big is going to happen and I just wish father time would pull the band aid off quickly. I think its funny that people say "end of the world". The world will probably live on, its the life and especially people that will find their end. I enjoy life and all the stuff around me but I also realize how finite everything is and how much I probably take it for granted.

Who knows, maybe we have been through all this before and its just one more cycle of us dying off that equates to a small spec of this giant ball of dirt we call earth.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If life is what you make it, then it follows that if EVERYONE in the world felt this way (the way the OP does), the world really would turn out positive. Unfortunately, the nature of the world we live in would not allow this. Somebody would always need to be different.

But I think the doom and gloom message always has some sort of ulterior, possibly financial, motive behind it.

In a materialist world, money makes the world go round. Unfortunately, the paradigm shift in human consciousness will probably not happen before an Armageddon type event, an event that will probably be caused by humans, whether it be some shadow government set up, or just plain old mutually assured destruction.

In an ideal world, your wishes would come true. Regardless, I share them.

Star and flag.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Did you stop to think that perhaps the reason why the world would end is because it is people who do not get along or like other people that brings problems in the world that would lead to the world ending?

Trust me, your anime, your iTunes, your video games, your other likes have noting to do with the cause of the world ending.

Oh and I should point out, that since you are not that fond of other people, it is the other people that make that anime, iTunes, video games, and so on. Without other people, it would be pointless to have a world to begin with now wouldnt it?!!!

And like it or not, we all are on the same boat...or planet to be more precise.

Unfortunately what happens on planet Earth will happen on planet Earth. There is no immune section or magical area or safe zone.

It would be nice to not have the world end, but rather advance so that we no longer have to fued over a drop of antiquated oil, or fuss over my god is bigger than your god nonsense, or fight over tribal warfare, or watch innocent children suffer and die over such rediculous differences.

Basically, its going to take people, to change things.

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I will agree with you! I don't think that the world will end but I do see an end to the era. I wouldn't want the world to go as as it is now tho. I am hoping for a complete evolution where all of the madness stops. The world is what we make it and we have let too many other people make our decisions for us. It's up to us to make any changes for the better. We might have to step out of our comfort zones to do it, but I really think it can be done.

It beats the alternative!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
an ending and a beginning, a rebuirth. what a wonderful thing. our bodies die and get reborn into this world to learn. what a wonderful thing. learn good and bad, either way we learn. the earth is going under change, just like we all do when we grow up. we learn wether you want to or not you learn things. so how can the world end, no end just a beginning. rebirth. love, peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Hey, yeah, I can ride your wave man. I see things like this : everything outside of my little brain is stupid. I LOATHE existence and yet I enjoying the entertainment that I am provided by other things existing in a tangible manner. I am not suicidal or homicidal or anything (well, we all pass the veil at some point so we are, by being alive, committing to suicide by sufferance) I just have chronic pain so life is rather blasse.

I like things. I am a thing, and I like me (excluding the constant irritation of arthritis and nervous system issues). You are a thing, and I like you. The smallest waveform is a thing, and I like it. So, I would like to continue to enjoy things and don't want to see things that are what I (and my god/gods/goddess/girlfriends/guyfriends) consider to be nice things go away.

No, things don't have to get messed up but they do. Pax Americana is a lie and all that. Oh, well...what can ya do other than ignore the outside world and just sit back and experience the immersion tank that is life? Worry about a person killing you is foolishment - I am more concerned about me killing me or an asteroid or a flood, etc.

It's a hard life to not be able to smile in public for fear of letting people think you "fit in". I am used to being ridiculed and made fun of; I get over with the thought that "the only easy day wasn't yesterday, it's tomorrow". =D

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Text OrangeTextTextTextcome to think of it i dont want the world to end well i dont think its true member way back when they said that the world was going to end 2000 but did it.No. so just see what happens its life that how it is love it people if u know im going to say it any ways(this is what i heard)there is a 10th planet as u know it and when it comes close to use earth is in bad danger and i mean danger if u know we r in its orbit because long long long ago they were people who looked just like our kind and dropped us in planet earth..well i dont think that part is true i think god made us and put us two people on this planet and made more of us and more and more.but lets get to the mayan canlender its stops at 12.21.2012
thats the saddest part of all.one last thing those who hate life and want the world to end think twice because god made ya.(this is partly the truth and maybe not they said the world was going to end the year 2000 but didnt,you just have to wait to the day 12.21.2012 it'll be scary but youll see if it true just wait and see)

new topics

top topics

join