It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Judiciary Constitution Subcommittee Hearing on Bush Administration use of Secret Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As much as I hate all politicians on principle, I have to admit some of them are actually as concerned about Feurer Bush's 'signing statements' as most of us.
I havent watched all of this, I'm about to do that now so I will hold off on making any statements about the actual hearing until I have watched it in full. I was surprised that I never even heard about this until now, and wanted to share it with anyone else who had overlooked this as well.

I searched for anything about this and saw nothing more than some vague mentions to it in 'dead threads' so I apologize if this was covered in any detail anywhere on the forums.
I will also apologize in advance if this is the wrong board to have posted it under, I figured that this had more of a link to King George's illegal war on terror than any of the other boards.

May, 2008 Senate Judiciary Constitution Subcommittee Hearing on Secret Laws Secret opinions made by the Justice Dept.'s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) were the subject of a Sen. Judiciary Constitution Subcommittee hearing, chaired by Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI). Witnesses included John Elwood, Dep. Asst. AG for the OLC, who discussed a recently declassified opinion that shielded the U.S. military from criminal liability.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 25-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What kept running through my head the whole time while watching this was how in the world did we ever get to this point?

Clinton was impeached for receiving a bit of oral gratification, yet Bush bends and twists law and legislation like a contortionist to make his illegal acts legal, and the nation just sits mesmerized like mental slaves to his snake charming act.

I only hope he has to stand before the world and be held accountable for these actions and all the other illegal and very likely treasonous acts he has committed.
It's moments like this that I must pinch myself to see if this is a bad dream...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
That is because Congress covered for whatever mistakes he did make or as you said crimes that he committed.

Congress gave him immunity every step of the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join