It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Black Friday plans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

In this economic climate, things may get even crazier than normal, so be prepared!

I stole this wonderful List for the best Black friday sales from my friend. I love the Apple laptop and the sale price...I also create my Own Thanksgiving BlackFriday Deals List Here

u can check it, u will be suprised by the sale price.

Hehe.

Now show us..What are your Black Friday plans?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
why would I want shop?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It sure as hell isn't going out and shopping.

I did that one year and a nasty fight ensued between me and an older lady at Wal-Mart over the last "special priced" DVD player. It was ugly....but I won.

Since then, I will not go anywhere near anything retail on Black Friday.

Luckily, all my X-mas shopping is done; everything came today and is spread out on the dining room table, waiting to be wrapped. Bless the internet.....

To all of those who will go venture into retail hell on Friday, may the force be with you, and if you grab the last "special priced" whatever at the same time as someone else, DON'T LET GO!!!!!

BTW....I am going to sleep late, spend the day at home, and stay in my PJs.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I love going out on Black Friday and do every year. Yep, I'm one of those that gets up early and patiently and happily wonders through the crowd, then meet up w/ friends for drinks and lunch. I just go for the fun. Some people are out for blood. Crazy.

Not this year. I'm staying home with the family as my nephew will be visiting and we don't get to see him that often.

Rush

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am going to probably wait in line at 7am to get the newly released alternate Flyers hockey jersey, If you get there at 7am you get 30 percent off the original price which is cool...so that is my boring Friday..lol

[edit on 25-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Hey, I fought that old woman to the ground for that DVD player. I was out for blood!!!!!! And, I won...which is all that counts.

I just don't understand getting up so freaking early and going out into humanity that way for a few sales. Of course, I don't particularly like people as a species, but that's just me.

Like I said, home, quiet, in my PJs.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'll be at home...snoozing away.

My wife and mother plan on getting up at like 4 am and heading out to find some deals.

I think they're crazy as hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Going to sit back, and enjoy another day going by and maybe watch a movie or perhaps come here and find more rediculous posts and make more direct, to the point replies.

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For staters,avoiding this mess....

Then eat a bunch of left overs......

Then put up the Christmas tree.....

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In my case, I'm going to help a friend setup her first Christmas tree in years. Otherwise I'm gonna stay barricaded in the house and stay away from any and all stores except for (If the case need be) a local grocery store. I'm very easy to buy for (Think 12 year old boy in a 48 year old body) but pretty clueless as far as purchasing things for others.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I remember going to a Best Buy one black Friday,me and ex pulled up 5 min before opening,there was a line about a mile long,we walked up to the front,was a huge security guard saying"no one is getting thru me!,I notice ex walk thru door,so I followed,we were 1st ones in grabbed everything we wanted and were out door in 45 min

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just as a matter of interest, what is black friday? I'm assuming it's an American thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's the day after Thanksgiving. The busiest shopping day of the year. The reason that it's called Black is because stores typically make a profit which puts them into "The Black" as opposed to "The red" (Loss of money)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm treating it just like any other Friday. We have six kids and buy throughout the year and Black Friday isn't one of those days that we buy. We plan early and buy everything months before the Christmas season kicks in. It's the only way we can do it having a big family. So no rushing around getting in line for us. I plan on relaxing, playing games and surfing the web.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I might be starting work on black friday, so, I'll be laying out clothes my friend helped me choose. zero sense for matching things to appropriate activity.

I'm all duck and dodge the stores and crowds from now til Janurary

I have a hard enough time picking out a gift in a quiet store, and will likely be an early morning or just before close shopper-

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Thanks Deson, I thought it was something bad. Sounds like the day after wall street crashes, everyone wondering where to go next.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I like how people who don't like going out on Black Friday think it's ok for them to talk down to people who do like going out. Like they're SO much better than them. People who go out are crazy, "programmed", manipulated by the goverment, media, or whatever the # people are making up, and all this. And the people who don't do it are better than everyone else.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Speaking for myself. I'm not talking down on those who enjoy going out. It's their choice and if they like it? Then cool. It's simply not for me. No superiority or talking down meant.

new topics

top topics

join